What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Just finished S2 of Mindhunters. I really enjoyed this season as the primary characters got more fleshed out in terms of character development and a little more focus is given on (most) of them. You also start to see how their Behavioural Science Unit is getting traction within the FBI, but it still seen as something that defies belief to your typical police officer. Also the  they still cut to the scenes with the BTK Killer for added uneasiness throughout the show during the entire season.

While it doesn't hold the same jaw-dropping suspense of the first season, it still has some great interviews (including manson) with serial killers, some incredibly deep character side plots, and it honestly would be hard to top your introduction to the Co-ed Killer who we met in Season 1 (and re-appears in S02) because of how calm and creepy he was.

Apparently they plan on doing 3 more seasons of this show, so the BTK scenes at least make a little more sense as well - chronologically speaking; as he was only caught in 2005.

Overall, I would recommend it if you were a fan of the first season.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Just finished S2 of Mindhunters. I really enjoyed this season as the primary characters got more fleshed out in terms of character development and a little more focus is given on (most) of them. You also start to see how their Behavioural Science Unit is getting traction within the FBI, but it still seen as something that defies belief to your typical police officer. Also the  they still cut to the scenes with the BTK Killer for added uneasiness throughout the show during the entire season.

While it doesn't hold the same jaw-dropping suspense of the first season, it still has some great interviews (including manson) with serial killers, some incredibly deep character side plots, and it honestly would be hard to top your introduction to the Co-ed Killer who we met in Season 1 (and re-appears in S02) because of how calm and creepy he was.

Apparently they plan on doing 3 more seasons of this show, so the BTK scenes at least make a little more sense as well - chronologically speaking; as he was only caught in 2005.

Overall, I would recommend it if you were a fan of the first season.

Great review! I loved the first 3 eps. 

So I just discovered that there was a 5 hr sketch that Tim Heidecker did called The Murder Trial of Tim Heidecker, and it is meant to look like authentic Court TV footage on him being on trial for murder.

And the entire thing is based on the "On Cinema" skits that he did with another guy, Gregg Turkington, that created its entire own universe that is separate from the Tim Heidecker that exists on the Tim & Eric shows.

So apparently, this entire 5 hour courtroom sketch is the culmination of about 10 years worth of sketches and in-jokes.

So someone posted a youtube playlist that contains all 93 videos of "On Cinema" that sets everything up, and it also includes a fake movie they made, called Decker, well its a real movie that was on Adult Swim.

And I am thinking of binging through that first before watching The Trial of Tim Heidecker.

Through 5 episodes of Mindhunters S2 and really enjoying it. Started slow first couple of episodes but it’s really picked up steam. 

Does the actor who plays Holden remind anyone else of Ethan Hawke? 

Oh, I forgot, the El Rey network, for some reason is airing a cop show from Canada from a few years ago, called 19-2.

And that show is famous for its opening scene being this long continuous take of a school shooting and the police officers responding to it, pretty gritty scene.

So I figured I'd schedule the DVR to record and watch it.

Finished S2 of Mindhunter. Really enjoyed it especially the Atlanta Child Murders plot thread. Bill Tench was my favorite character. I think the actor is deserving of a best supporting actor Emmy nom. Love the cold

opens with BTK and I enjoy seeing the interviews with all the real serial killers. It’s fascinating to read about the real life happenings the show is based on.

• Like 1

Just watched that Good Boys movie, that movie was a fucking riot.

Its best to watch it in a theater full of regular joes who aren't expecting that level of crudeness and cussing and dirty jokes. Really funny shit, I would definitely want a sequel of more stuff.

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

There were some good moments, but i wasn't too impressed with S6 of The 100 overall. In fact it was probably my least favorite season of it since the first one.

Yeah, it started strong and then lost steam. I’m glad the next season is the final one. Hopefully, it ends on a fulfilling note. 

Edited by -GD-

They just trotted out Ewan McGregor for a Obi Wan Kenobi series on the Disney streaming service.

The guy has always had that big payday just waiting for him. A huge role that requires him to actually get older. How many actors can achieve that?