What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

I went to go see Hustlers last night on $5 Tuesdays, and the movie was..........pretty good.

Like, if it wasn't for some errant pacing and some underbaked side characters, this would be a really solid crime movie that almost feels like a women's version at attempting a Scorsese crime movie.

The only that is somewhat disappointing is the TYPE of crime they are committing is fairly simplistic. But its actually a pretty good attempt at making a movie about strippers that glamorizes that life and then shows the downsides to that life.

And JLo.............holy shit. She doesn't get naked, but the stuff within the first 20-30 minutes of the movie........she earns whatever paycheck she got. She spreads that juicy ass of hers, and she's pretty much walking around with maximum cleavage throughout most of the movie.

The asian girl was fine, the story did technically center around her. I didn't know she was the asian girl from Crazy Rich Asians who think she's hot shit, because she really seems like a generic person that can be replaced.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

I went to go see Hustlers last night on $5 Tuesdays, and the movie was..........pretty good.

Like, if it wasn't for some errant pacing and some underbaked side characters, this would be a really solid crime movie that almost feels like a women's version at attempting a Scorsese crime movie.

The only that is somewhat disappointing is the TYPE of crime they are committing is fairly simplistic. But its actually a pretty good attempt at making a movie about strippers that glamorizes that life and then shows the downsides to that life.

And JLo.............holy shit. She doesn't get naked, but the stuff within the first 20-30 minutes of the movie........she earns whatever paycheck she got. She spreads that juicy ass of hers, and she's pretty much walking around with maximum cleavage throughout most of the movie.

The asian girl was fine, the story did technically center around her. I didn't know she was the asian girl from Crazy Rich Asians who think she's hot shit, because she really seems like a generic person that can be replaced.

i met j-lo in person and i think she's a major cunt. i won't watch anything she does. she's next level diva. 

Edited by -GD-
15 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i met j-lo in person and i think she's a major cunt. i won't watch anything she does. she's next level diva. 

:D  i have no doubt this is true, she looks like it

47 minutes ago, -GD- said:

She's got to have a Type A personality in order to have the body that she has at age 50.

She's probably one of those people who are into self-motivation techniques and act like douches all the time. I think Will Smith was in the same place 10 years ago.

I heard that the asian girl, Constance Wu "demanded" that she be top billing in this movie, and even though JLo is a producer in this movie, she actually gives top billing to Constance Wu.

But that stage dance she gives at the beginning of the movie is not Hollywood strip dancing, she shakes that ass like a real hoe at a strip club. Smacking those shoes real hard on the stage as she spreads her legs open.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

She's got to have a Type A personality in order to have the body that she has at age 50.

She's probably one of those people who are into self-motivation techniques and act like douches all the time. I think Will Smith was in the same place 10 years ago.

I heard that the asian girl, Constance Wu "demanded" that she be top billing in this movie, and even though JLo is a producer in this movie, she actually gives top billing to Constance Wu.

But that stage dance she gives at the beginning of the movie is not Hollywood strip dancing, she shakes that ass like a real hoe at a strip club. Smacking those shoes real hard on the stage as she spreads her legs open.

i think will smith (as much as i like him) is the same type of cunt. and his stupid son jayden with his gay ass politically correct fancy bottled water hes selling. fuck em.

(I am legend sucked, worst movie ive ever seen, fuck you will smith :will2:)

Rambo Last Blood is the latest victim of the SJW era

The filmmakers have made Mexico seem like an infinite wasteland of crime and death, and most of the Latinx characters on screen are criminals or broad stereotypes. I understand that Rambo films have rarely been bastions of cultural togetherness, but in 2019, these broad stereotypes are offensive and dated and downright irresponsible.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/18/rambo-last-blood-review

In 2019's hypersensitive cultural environment, the depiction of murderous Mexican crime bosses and their cowering sex slaves encountering a literal white savior doesn't go down so easy.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/rambo-last-blood-review-sylvester-stallone-1202174763/

Edited by Twinblade
On 2019-09-21 at 1:15 AM, Optimus Jim said:

Just saw Rambo: Last Blood. At the end he pulls the heart out of the Mexican.

like in the chinese restaurant scene in dumb and dumber? :wonder: 

So I watched Ad Astra this evening.

This would be a pretty cool evening rental, or watching it when it comes on premium cable or streaming.

The story structure is like a common man's version of Apocalypse Now. And, in some ways I appreciate them moving from different thing, but alot of these things aren't really shocking or poignant as the scenes you would see in Apocalypse Now.

The idea that this movie is trying to convey, you'd see them in other space movies like Interstellar, Sunshine, and even Gravity.  So this movie is trying to combine multiple ideas, but it never drives any of them home as good as those movies.

Its not as hardcore sci-fi as Interstellar, it attempts to do some sci-fi horror elements like Sunshine, but doesn't pull it off as well, and then the character has this personal journey to finding a reason to live again but it doesn't hit that note as prominently as Gravity (and Sandra Bullock's performance in her character is just straight-up better).

And a couple of scenes seem to purely exist just to add some hollywood excitement, like a chase scene and then a scary scene.

Bladerunner 2049 treads a finer-line between being a slow, thought-provoking movie but also having "cool" scenes to entertain you. My personal belief is that Brad Pitt simply isn't that powerful of an actor, nor does he have the sufficient range. This entire movie hangs on him.