What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Ike said:

Last night’s South Park was so goddamn funny. Seeing Cartman run and squeal like a pig when they attempted to give him a shot was fucking priceless.  :D 

Ha a nod to deliverance? 

Watched El Camino. It’s a solid addition to the BB universe, but it could have been so much more. Still, I enjoyed the fan service. The movie feels a bit unnecessary, but still a nice little nugget for BB fans. This would have worked better as a mini series. There are so many missed opportunities.

7/10

oh...

Spoiler

Couldn’t they get Todd to lose weight? Lol

Edited by -GD-

El Camino was ok. Still top notch performances and each shot is a work of art. Story wise it just felt like an afterword for the original show but it was nice to have closure fore Jesse. It just made me more inpatient that Better Call Saul has been on a break for over a year. 

Also watched Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. It has some solid scares but a weak ending. 

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Ike said:

El Camino was ok. Still top notch performances and each shot is a work of art. Story wise it just felt like an afterword for the original show but it was nice to have closure fore Jesse. It just made me more inpatient that Better Call Saul has been on a break for over a year. 

Also watched Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. It has some solid scares but a weak ending. 

Yeah, El Camino looked good and the performances were great. But it was totally unnecessary, and fell short for me. 

18 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Yeah, El Camino looked good and the performances were great. But it was totally unnecessary, and fell short for me. 

That overhead shot of Jesse tearing apart Todd’s apartment was vintage Breaking Bad. The vacuum cleaner guy just passed away I heard too. :( 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, kokujin said:

Lol okay. So Caminos story can be described in 3 sentences. 

It was still well produced and the 2 hour run time went by quickly. I agree with GD when he said this could’ve worked better as a miniseries. There were character moments and dialogue that would have benefited from a lengthier run time. 

Edited by Ike
49 minutes ago, Ike said:

It was still well produced and the 2 hour run time went by quickly. I agree with GD when he said this could’ve worked better as a miniseries. There were character moments and dialogue that would have benefited from a lengthier run time

Exactly! A lot of it felt underdeveloped and rushed. 

Edited by -GD-
3 hours ago, kokujin said:

It was cool, for fans lol. Longer scenes?? Breah there was probably like 4 different dialogues or scenes it felt like lol.  It was cool tho. I liked Jess and the vacuum guy. 

It’s more than just that. There are other aspects they could have built on. It just felt devoid of tensions (besides that gun scene). 

• Upvote 1

I thought it was really good. I only really had expectations of it being another ep of BB though. Thought it served well as an epilogue because BB was made a huge point of how things that are usually regarding a simple stuff in shows and movies are actually a lot more complicated in reality (eg, getting rid of a body). So with that in mind i thought it served well to the story considering how Jesse's story ended, in the BB universe that doesn't at all mean he got away. With that said it was obviously a much lighter tone and had next to no tension. But I loved revisiting these amazing characters. The first 15-20 min with Skinny and Badger alone were worth it for me. 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

It’s more than just that. There are other aspects they could have built on. It just felt devoid of tensions (besides that gun scene). 

The gun scene was dope. Todd's unearthly transidient chum attitude around Jess capture was interesting. The scene where Jess gets the cops called on him was lol. I can't remenber much else of what happened though.