What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I just watched Searching. Goddamn :whew: That was one hell of a mystery/thriller movie. I can't recommend it enough (especially to @-GD-) and don't even read or watch anything about it beforehand either.

It looked so good!!! 

Edited by -GD-

I just watched the Watchmen series premiere on HBO. I don't read the comics, I don't pretend to be an expert on that comic, but I know from the movie that its a very intense movie that deals with very cool alternate history stuff.

And the first episode is solid, it starts out really badass, and then it kind of feels like a smaller-scope story. Which is fine.

The opening scene is not alternate history stuff, its based on something that actually happened.

But its the trailer that they show after the first episode that shows what is going to happen for the rest of the season.....holy shit that story is fixing to get bigger in scope, and some cool shit is going to happen.

They nail the tone of the Zack Snyder, the best parts of it. The music is a mix of different versions of American classics, like they take heavy songs and they have them playing on the radio sounding like a kid-friendly version of that song.

And then its mixed with original modern trance-rock from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. There's alot to like here.

My only complaint is that I fear that the action scenes involving fighting won't be as slick and well-produced as Zack Snyders. Like I said, I don't know the comic, but this feels like a pretty significant addition to the timeline that occurs after the comic.

Edited by jehurey

I'm watching my bright future change and become sexier than I ever imagined. My only fear is my last and past enemies won't have the taste of misery and defeat in their mouths. I'm really nailing this the bestest me thing down, and trying not to let any unforseen doubts or insecurities or commercials get in the way. 

3 hours ago, kokujin said:

I'm watching my bright future change and become sexier than I ever imagined. My only fear is my last and past enemies won't have the taste of misery and defeat in their mouths. I'm really nailing this the bestest me thing down, and trying not to let any unforseen doubts or insecurities or commercials get in the way. 

are you talking about your life or a show you are watching?

I Wish you the best too Ike. I would have kicked that bitch to the curb too m tho remember Netflix doesn't pay rent, and you eventually need bigger hobbies/ highs, but I'm glad you're healthier and you can joke about finding a healthy one. I don't understand what you moving on has to do with this eh Paul guy, but I'm sure thats great. 

Edited by kokujin
36 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Watchmen is awesome! Incredible ost too. 

Trent Reznor is releasing it across 3 vinyl releases. Which seems like an awful lot of music for just a short series.

wqirqx2z3gl6erg3hqdu.png

Shit, I may need to get it. That sounds like a better version of music from Ghosts I-IV.

• Like 1

Got back in to reading over the last few weeks, something I haven't done in quite a whlie. Gaming has been dropping off quite significantly.

Latest book I just finished was The Whisper Man by Alex North. Really good. Sticking mostly to Crime/Thrillers atm but I'm sure I'll get back to giant fantasy sagas soon enough. 

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

Trent Reznor is releasing it across 3 vinyl releases. Which seems like an awful lot of music for just a short series.

wqirqx2z3gl6erg3hqdu.png

Shit, I may need to get it. That sounds like a better version of music from Ghosts I-IV.

I heard like 6 or 7 different compositions in that episode alone, so that’s bad ass! 

7 hours ago, Optimus Jim said:

New Rise of Skywalker Trailer: 

They released the trailer on Carrie Fisher’s bday.

I'm excited. Hope it can end the saga on high note. I enjoyed The Force Awakens so I'm happy to see Abrams back directing the end.

I heard there were spoilers that came out before the trailer, and the trailer seems to prove certain story points from those rumored spoilers.

I haven't read them, but people who have say that the ending is meh.

Since I don't get caught up in Star Wars, it doesn't change my opinion. I have a feeling that I can probably wait until the Tuesday afterwards and be able to see this at the theaters without it too over-crowded.

I don't feel that people are rushing to buy tickets right now, I could be wrong.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I heard there were spoilers that came out before the trailer, and the trailer seems to prove certain story points from those rumored spoilers.

I haven't read them, but people who have say that the ending is meh.

Since I don't get caught up in Star Wars, it doesn't change my opinion. I have a feeling that I can probably wait until the Tuesday afterwards and be able to see this at the theaters without it too over-crowded.

I don't feel that people are rushing to buy tickets right now, I could be wrong.

surprisingly, there are still many tickets available at the regal near my house. the avengers were all sold out within an hour.