What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Fucking bloody hell, that was one amazing hour of television.

Again, I don't know if the original comic series explains the origin story of all characters, and in this case, the origin of:

Spoiler

Hooded Justice

But, if the comic book series doesn't, and Damon Lindelof went ahead and ret-conned an origin story for it..........then that dude has, straight-up, created one of the best pieces of comic-book narratives ever.  It stands alone.

Not only that, it makes alot of logical sense to create such an origin story for that guy. It would explain alot of how the character looks like, to begin with.

I'd say it drags a little in the latter half, but that's because we see this character's life start to fall apart on him.

They also setup a basis for what will happen in the original Watchmen comic. Wow, I only saw one episode of The Leftovers, and I believe it was that "dreamy" episode from Season 3. And tonight episode of Watchmen is every bit as far-out.

The second podcast has gone up for the Watchmen podcast. I highly recommend it. They sit down with Damon Lindelof to explain the story up to that point. (1 podcast per every 3 episodes).

• Like 1

Wow! They are really tying up arcs nicely in Mr. Robot. After last week’s bombshell, the fallout was nicely executed. I was afraid Sam Esmail was maybe spending too much time on each subplot, but I found out season 4 will have 13 episodes, not 10. So, the pacing feels perfect now. The fat has been trimmed. Irrelevant characters have been eliminated. Almost every motive is crystal clear. However, I have a feeling some delicious curveballs will be thrown. Anyhow, I’m very happy with how the season is shaping up. 

23 hours ago, -GD- said:

Another godly Watchmen. I love how they’ve been spending the last few episodes on just 1 or 2 key characters. Oh..and that revelation at the end. Brilliant! 

I admired Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis in bed. My fantasy on TV. 

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Watched Mayhem (2017) and Escape Room. Both were entertaining in their own ways.  I was surprised at how funny Mayhem was, it definitely made me chuckle a couple of times.

I still need to see escape room. And yeah man, mayhem was a lot of fun. I lol’d pretty hard. 

22 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Gonna watch it after eating and after the Cowboys game. Gonna make some margs with some friends and enjoy it through the night.

What I need to find out are specific times when to pause in order to take bathroom breaks.

I think there's specific time jumps in the movie so those stopping spots should be easy to find.