What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

I just watched this really quirky and low budget japanese 'horror' movie called One Cut of the Dead. I heard some commotion about it because it has 100% on RT, but after watching it i can sort of see why. Its a really clever movie, and the less you know about it going into it the better.

I finally was able to watch The Irishman, although I was a little pissed that my friend had his tv set to motion smoothing, it made the entire movie feel less cinematic.

It was a fine movie, but I think they messed up with how they handled time moving forwards and backwards, and they messed up with how they are trying to set up the tension and the conflict that Frank Sheerhan finds himself in the middle of.

I really like the way Joe Pesci handled his part, and I think they should've spent more on his character, I would've loved to know more about his backstory.

And technically, I don't they did a good job telling the early years of Frank Sheerhan, I was expecting more from his war years and him transitioning into the Teamsters.

Al Pacino kills it. Vintage Pacino.

Watched Shot Caller on Netflix

Had never heard of it, but was interested to see how Jamie Lannister was outside of GoT and I'll watch anything with Jon Bernthal in it.

It was pretty good. Film jumps between two timelines like it's doing hopscotch, but I think it's pretty effective in contrasting who he is now and how he got there. Little quick and lacking more detail on some of the changes he goes through, especially the ones relating to some pretty major philosophical changes, but what's there is interesting, well paced, well acted, and intriguing. I liked it. Not perfect, but a really good watch for anybody that enjoyed something like Oz.

4 hours ago, -GD- said:

Another mind-blowing watchmen. That ending :wow: Damn...next week’s ep is going to answer so much. 

Damn.  And we originally thought that they wouldn't touch upon certain subject of the original comic book. Nope, they definitely do.

And even though I never read any leaks, some people's speculation from about 3-4 weeks ago seems to be right on the money.

• Like 1

Finally, the battle in Mr. Robot the fans have been waiting for :bow:  Now, let’s hope the remaining eps tie up the “time” angle. 

oh..and nice subtle dig at trump :D 

Edited by -GD-
5 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Watchmen’s last 3 eps have been incredible and all better than each other. Lindelof in top form again!m! Gonna be a crazy end to the season. 

So, the show has easter eggs within it, that aren't really necessary to know, its just there for super-fans to try and pick apart and feel smart about themselves about knowing extra information.

This came from Peteypedia, the website that HBO setup that show's Petey's "case files" regarding people and events surrounding the show.

The thing that Laurie uses, that was shown in Episode 3:

Spoiler

excalibur-design.jpg

Peteypedia has a drawing and some little backstory, it was developed by Dan Dreiberg for Laurie. Because they were together, and I guess your boyfriend would know if "yours" wasn't measuring up to the "ex's"

Right?  So Dreiberg made that thing for Laurie, and he called it "Excalibur".

Excalibur.

Three syllables. Each syllable is a hint (don't let the spelling distract you, just say them out loud phonetically).

Quite possibly the most ridiculous easter eggs I've ever seen for a TV show.

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

So, the show has easter eggs within it, that aren't really necessary to know, its just there for super-fans to try and pick apart and feel smart about themselves about knowing extra information.

This came from Peteypedia, the website that HBO setup that show's Petey's "case files" regarding people and events surrounding the show.

The thing that Laurie uses, that was shown in Episode 3:

Hide contents

excalibur-design.jpg

Peteypedia has a drawing and some little backstory, it was developed by Dan Dreiberg for Laurie. Because they were together, and I guess your boyfriend would know if "yours" wasn't measuring up to the "ex's"

Right?  So Dreiberg made that thing for Laurie, and he called it "Excalibur".

Excalibur.

Three syllables. Each syllable is a hint (don't let the spelling distract you, just say them out loud phonetically).

Quite possibly the most ridiculous easter eggs I've ever seen for a TV show.

Yeah after the ep I hoped on reddit and there was so many of the hints. The best kind of surprises are ones that seem so obvious after revealed. Pure Lindelof. This show is like a mixture of the mystery of Lost with the incredible quality of The Leftovers. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah after the ep I hoped on reddit and there was so many of the hints. The best kind of surprises are ones that seem so obvious after revealed. Pure Lindelof. This show is like a mixture of the mystery of Lost with the incredible quality of The Leftovers

yes! 

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

NEW CURB IN JAN!!!

All is well in the world again

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever. 

i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up. 

• Haha 3