What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

That orchestrated version of Reflection really hits the nostalgia nerves hard. Disney has a way with their trailers of perfectly putting the music just right. Same happened with the last Rise of Skywalker trailer.

Edited by Ike
4 hours ago, -GD- said:

never watched the original. i was just hoping you were gay so i could fuck your mouth. 

There are moments in Mulan where I almost.....almost think, its a better animated movie than The Lion King.

Ultimately it isn't, but itss really damn good. It is, subtlely, probably the 2nd best animated movie from Disney.

10 hours ago, -GD- said:

it ends way too quickly, but it was still a blast! 

I was very impressed with it. Its clearly inspired by 80s horror media but it doesn't just rely on nostalgia and very much ends up having its own identity. I was surprised by how much the plot changes around the halfway mark too, I can't remember AHS being this cleverly written but now I feel the urge to binge watch the seasons I missed.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I was very impressed with it. Its clearly inspired by 80s horror media but it doesn't just rely on nostalgia and very much ends up having its own identity. I was surprised by how much the plot changes around the halfway mark too, I can't remember AHS being this cleverly written but now I feel the urge to binge watch the seasons I missed.

Yeah, it was the perfect blend of camp and horror. As for the season before, it’s like an extension of coven, but episode 5 is an awesome revisit to murder house. As for cult..it just fell apart in many ways. 

Edited by -GD-
14 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Yeah, it was the perfect blend of camp and horror. As for the season before, it’s like an extension of coven, but episode 5 is an awesome revisit to murder house. As for cult..it just fell apart in many ways. 

I stopped after Freak Show, apparently Hotel is afterwards. Is that one any good?

South Korea continues to put out some quality movies. I watched 'Burning' from last year (stars Glenn from TWD) on netflix. Thats a very slow but well made mystery drama. Then right after I watched The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil which has a familiar plot structure but does some clever things with said plot.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Thanks 1
On 2019-12-06 at 6:51 AM, -GD- said:

Watched ep 5 of the mandalorian. It was too short and felt like filler. It’s my least favorite one, so far. 

I’m watching it now. It feels like a literal side mission in a video game. 

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Ike said:

I’m watching it now. It feels like a literal side mission in a video game. 

Hahaha I used the same analogy with a co-worker. I said it’s like one of the ME fetch quests.