What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So season 2 of Altered Carbon releases next month, unfortunately they recast Joel Kinnaman's character which is disappointing.

https://www.engadget.com/2020/01/21/netflix-altered-carbon-season-two-release-date/

Oh you didn’t know that? I actually like what they are doing.

Edited by -GD-
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

Oh you didn’t know that? I actually like what they are doing.

Nah i didn't know that. I know its easy to justify cast changes because of how the characters in the show can switch bodies, but I still liked Joel Kinnaman in that role.

Edited by Twinblade

Just came back from seeing Bad Boys.

They just created a competitor to the Fast & Furious franchise, except this one has the benefit of being Rated-R and having alot more gunfights and swearing.

Smart move by Sony.  This was quite an enjoyable movie where some surprising shit happened, and they did a good job with making an interesting bad guy(s).

F&F probably has more starpower with Vin Diesel and The Rock, but Will Smith can handle all the action, and Martin Lawrence can handle all the comedy, but Will Smith can also be funny. This will be interesting going forward.

7 hours ago, James Skywalker said:

I went to the theatre and went I talked to the ticket seller I was like, “I want to see Bad Boys for Life. But I don’t want to see it for life - I want to see it for two hours.”

It’s called the Caprice and they sell Reese’s.

you shoulda asked the ticket seller if he wanted a modicum of cum.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Just came back from seeing Bad Boys.

They just created a competitor to the Fast & Furious franchise, except this one has the benefit of being Rated-R and having alot more gunfights and swearing.

Smart move by Sony.  This was quite an enjoyable movie where some surprising shit happened, and they did a good job with making an interesting bad guy(s).

F&F probably has more starpower with Vin Diesel and The Rock, but Will Smith can handle all the action, and Martin Lawrence can handle all the comedy, but Will Smith can also be funny. This will be interesting going forward.

I was surprised by how much in enjoyed it. 

I died when they first showed

Spoiler

Reggie “nigga, you look 30”

On 2020-01-21 at 6:57 PM, James Skywalker said:

I went to the theatre and went I talked to the ticket seller I was like, “I want to see Bad Boys for Life. But I don’t want to see it for life - I want to see it for two hours.”

It’s called the Caprice and they sell Reese’s.

I went to the theatre and I talked to the ticket seller and was like, “I want to see Bad Boys for Life. But I don’t want to see it for life - I want to see it for two hours.”

That’s what I actually said. I talked to my friend Milo, who I showed the post to that night and it was fine and normal, and he confirmed to me that it was fine.

Don’t edit beautiful, eloquent verses from Jimbo. I’m a nice man.

24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Lol I was shocked when I saw IGN's 2.0 review of it. It sounds like a disaster.

I saw it for free..and I still feel ripped off. There were elements I liked...such as the acting and setting. But nothing happened - at all. The ending was terrible. 

Trying to clear out some DVR space, so I'm watching movies that I had recorded.

Watched the Senna documentary on Wednesday. Really good, and makes the whole Formula One racing lifestyle look so glamorous. Only knew a little bit about him through watching Top Gear, but the documentary was quite thorough and told a compelling story.

Tonight I watched a couple of movies. Robert Redford in The Old Man with The Gun. Fine movie, like something Clint Eastwood would make.

Then, I finally sat down and watched Bringing In The Dead. I always thought this movie looked cool but probably really tough to watch. But I remembered people being disappointed when this movie came out because it wasn't a mob movie, and Scorsese was coming off of his two major mob movies at the time.

But its like a spiritual successor to Taxi Driver, and it has a hardcore edge that Scorsese kinda lost after 2000. Last movie he made that took place in modern New York.