What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

oof westworld takes so long, I leave it on hold. i really want to binge the complete show later. waiting for more hurts

Edited by kaz
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, kaz said:

oof westworld takes so long, I leave it on hold. i really want to binge the complete show later. waiting for more hurts

I'll probably binge watch the second season on an upcoming weekend. I feel I'll get way more out of it the second time like I did when rewatching season 1.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

I'll probably binge watch the second season on an upcoming weekend. I feel I'll get way more out of it the second time like I did when rewatching season 1.

most definitely! it's like mr. robot - where the second viewing is a lot better. 

16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Good to hear. 

I feel it lacks a scene stealing main character like Luther, Thomas Shelby or Sherlock though.

I sort of felt the same way, but then as you get further into it you realize that its not really about any individual character but the entire cast and their roles within the overarching story. Theres even a bizarre but cool scene in the finale that reinforces that aspect (at least thats how I interpreted it).

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Ike said:

It looks fun and like Carrey is homing his 90s roles for this one. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. If not, I can just take a nap lol.

yeah, apparently carrey steals the show with his 90's antics. 

1 hour ago, Casual said:

Got some tickets for the Rage Against the Machine + Run the jewels tour in Toronto. Pumped for that, hopefully Rage still got it. 

Same here. The closest I could get to was Kansas City, Missouri.

But once I saw that the tickets were being sold through somebody other than Ticketmaster, I got excited that I might have a decent chance at General Admission floor tickets.

Ticketmaster's website is just bullllllllllllshit, through and through.

I didn't even know tickets were going on sale this morning until late last night.

KC tickets were going on sale at 11am, and found two GA tickets right away. And then my friend asked me if I could find a third.  I told him it was unlikely, 10 minutes had passed by, it wasn't finding any GA tickets. And then, suddenly after a page refresh, it found 1 GA ticket. Bought that.

Also my fucking Southwest Arilines travel funds expire on April 8th, so I can't use that. That means we're having to drive. 8 hours. I can do it, but that means we have to wake up early at 8am to drive so that we can get to the arena by 4pm. There's going to be a line for people who want to get as close to the stage as possible.

19 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Same here. The closest I could get to was Kansas City, Missouri.

But once I saw that the tickets were being sold through somebody other than Ticketmaster, I got excited that I might have a decent chance at General Admission floor tickets.

Ticketmaster's website is just bullllllllllllshit, through and through.

I didn't even know tickets were going on sale this morning until late last night.

KC tickets were going on sale at 11am, and found two GA tickets right away. And then my friend asked me if I could find a third.  I told him it was unlikely, 10 minutes had passed by, it wasn't finding any GA tickets. And then, suddenly after a page refresh, it found 1 GA ticket. Bought that.

Also my fucking Southwest Arilines travel funds expire on April 8th, so I can't use that. That means we're having to drive. 8 hours. I can do it, but that means we have to wake up early at 8am to drive so that we can get to the arena by 4pm. There's going to be a line for people who want to get as close to the stage as possible.

Ah man, it'll be worth it though! That show is gonna be amazing espeically with the current climate. Probably even better down there. Is RTJ at that show?

What times the show start at? 730? 

10 minutes ago, Casual said:

Ah man, it'll be worth it though! That show is gonna be amazing espeically with the current climate. Probably even better down there. Is RTJ at that show?

What times the show start at? 730? 

The ticket buying webpage only says RATM, but I presumed the entire concert tour is meant to be with Run The Jewels.

When it comes to standing in line, the arena personell will probably start allowing people inside by 5:30-6:00pm. I bet Run The Jewels does not take the stage until 7:30-8pm, and they'll be over by 9pm, and then there's at least another 30-45 minutes. And then RATM will take the stage. by around 9:45-10pm. Concert ends past 11pm.

So, for standing room, that's probably 5-6 straight hours of standing. I will get whatever spot on the floor I can get, and then sit my ass down on the floor until the opening act starts because I want to rest my legs as much as possible.

If your legs and feet hurt, it really does dampen your experience. Wear very comfortable and breathable shoes.