What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

I absolutely loved the westworld premiere. The new vibe is absolutely intoxicating, and I loved the scene after the credits. 

I don’t want to start theorizing, just yet, so I’m backing off until I see more eps.

on a smaller note 

Spoiler

I dug the kid cudi cameo

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

What! Didn't even know there was one. 

Went back to see it. Holy Crap. Didn't know we are doing post credit scenes for shows now. 

Ya I was waiting for the preview for the season, so I let the credits roll. So good! 

• Like 1

Rewatching Contagion and its pretty eerie how similar it is to the coronavirus outbreak. Virus starts in an urban chinese area, cell phone footage of someone passing out in a public area leaks to the web....shit's kind of crazy.

Edited by Twinblade
22 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Rewatching Contagion and its pretty eerie how similar it is to the coronavirus outbreak. Virus starts in an urban chinese area, cell phone footage of someone passing out in a public area leaks to the web....shit's kind of crazy.

Sup TwinBlade!! And yeah that movie is really good and relevant, panic causes lots of problems. It was hella accurate how fast a virus can spread across the entire globe and cause this chaos 

Has anyone here watched Sr. Ávila? It’s a HBO Latino show about a guy leading a double life that has a family and is a hitman. It’s the Dexter / Sopranos for Latinos and is really good. Check it out ya’ll

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Donald Glover's latest album :smugd:

Man, I like “out there“ albums, but this reminds me of Tyler the creator’s most recent release, where it’s too “artistic” for its own good. 

Loved the Curb finales. The cameos tonight were so funny. I love that HBO pretty much just lets Larry David and company do their thing whether they want. Overall, I liked this season better than the the Fatwa musical season. 

wow! i watched the last 2 curbs. i dare say eps 8-10 may be the best 3 ep string in the series. 

as for the finale...LMFAO!

Spoiler

i knew that big dick was nothing but trouble

genius episode and great season, overall. 

Best episode of the season yet on Saul. Another classic montage with the green screen and another crazy ending. Right from the cold open, this felt like a great episode. 

I also enjoyed the newest episode of Westworld. I kind of appreciate the more narrow storytelling this season. There’s still plenty of mystery and intrigue but it feels different from season 2 in a good way. The opening scene to the credits was well done and I always like how the show is shot. I also liked they paired Bernard and Stubbs together for what seems to be a season arc. 

First image and info for the Train to Busan sequel, Peninsula. Supposed to come out later this year, hopefully it won't get delayed

3646529-1321542_peninsula_pen10_adapted_

The Korean zombie film Train to Busan became a runaway success upon its release in 2016, and director Yeon Sang-ho is currently working on Peninsula, an unconventional sequel set four years after the events of the first movie that follows entirely different characters. Now the first images of Peninsula have arrived, and the filmmaker has shared more details about his more ambitious follow-up and teased that another movie set in this cinematic universe might happen one day – one which explains how the zombie outbreak started in the first place.

“[Peninsula] takes place four years after Train To Busan, in the same universe, but it doesn’t continue the story and has different characters,” Yeon said, echoing information we wrote about last month. But he offered some new info, too: “Government authority has been decimated after the zombie outbreak in Korea, and there is nothing left except the geographical traits of the location – which is why the film is called Peninsula.” This one follows a former soldier named Jung-seok (Gang Dong-won), who escaped the outbreak but is given a mission to go back into Korea, which is now “a zombie-infested wasteland turned into a ghetto by other nations trying to stop the spread of the virus.” When he tries to complete his mission and retrieve something to bring out of the wasteland, he unexpectedly meets up with some non-infected survivors who are still in Seoul.

Gang Dong-won will lead a cast comprised of several other actors, but from the sound of it, none will be more important than child actress Lee Re; Yeon thinks she will become “more [popular] than Ma Dong-seok [aka Don Lee] in Train To Busan“, the fan-favorite actor of the first movie and easily the film’s best character.

A Bigger Follow-Up
The budget for Peninsula is $16 million, almost double the $8.5 million that Train to Busan cost. And while the original movie put its comparatively paltry budget to great use, it seems as if this one is expanding the scope a great deal. “The scale of Peninsula can’t compare to Train To Busan, it makes it look like an independent film,” Yeon told ScreenDaily. “Train To Busan was a high-concept film shot in narrow spaces whereas Peninsula has a much wider scope of movement.”

Could We See Another Prequel One Day?
Before directing Train to Busan, Yeon helmed Seoul Station, an animated story set earlier during the zombie outbreak which was held for release until after Train to Busan became a big hit and marketed as a prequel. The director has not yet revealed exactly what caused the fictional outbreak…though it sounds like he’s been thinking about exploring that some day. “I’ve thought about dealing with that question in another film, which probably I won’t direct myself,” Yeon said, although he admits he once said something similar about directing a possible Train to Busan sequel. “There are a lot of interesting questions you could answer, issue by issue, with other films.”

Peninsula is currently set for a summer release in South Korea, but it remains to be seen whether that release date will hold due to the coronavirus.

https://www.slashfilm.com/peninsula-first-look/

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

First image and info for the Train to Busan sequel, Peninsula. Supposed to come out later this year, hopefully it won't get delayed

3646529-1321542_peninsula_pen10_adapted_

https://www.slashfilm.com/peninsula-first-look/

i need this movie :dame: 

i'm not jk, i really need this. I want answers for my nightmares, they were eerily similar to train to busan. :dame: 

That picture seems very familiar to me. :dame: 

Edited by kaz
Spoiler

Didn’t get to watch Saul last night but just did...and holy fuck what an episode. That entire scene with Saul showing that slander video and talking about copyright infringement was beautiful, amazing, stressful as fuck, and had you feeling terrible for Kim. Saul is terrifying as a lawyer..if you’re against him. 

Chuck knew this could/would happen but instead of being a loving and supporting brother, like hiring him for HHM and teach him he doesn’t have to be Slippin’ Jimmy to succeed, he chose to be an asshole and fuck over Jimmy till the end. And Kim finally sees this, she saw glimpses last season but she fully understands it now. 

Better call Saul 

For me Better Call Saul as officially overtaken Breaking Bad as the better show. The writing, cinematography, editing, and character development are all better in BCS. you can even argue the acting is just as equal. 

Also, I want more Lalo dammit!! Tony Dalton kills every scene he’s in