What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

LTTP but I finally watched Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. I fucking loved it! My friends were super mixed on it, so I didn’t know what to expect. But... I was completely intoxicated by the vibe, and blown away by Leo. Pitt was amazing too, but DiCaprio was just godly. Oh...and the ending was not what I was hoping for..but I’m so glad it went down like that. Typical excellent QT writing and directing. 

That ending is one of the biggest left turns I've ever seen in a movie lol Loved it. I can sort of see why some ppl don't like it, but if you know what a Tarantino movie is like going into it then you'll really enjoy it. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

The ending with Brad Pitt had me in stitches hahaha.

i watched this movie called Vivarium which just came out on just about any streaming service since I ain’t doing much else. I actually never even heard of it till my bro recommended it to me. I don’t think most people heard of it either.

The movie has an interestingly unique world and premise, and seriously the most eerie and unsettling vibe I’ve felt in a movie in a long long time and it’s not even a horror movie. The movie at times feels like an episode of black mirror or the twilight zone with its surrealism. While the movie was enjoyable,I felt let down by the end. I don’t think the movie ever truly took advantage of its bizarre and fascinating world it constructed and by the end I felt like it ended up being wasted potential because once the credits roll, you realize the movie was a lot more ordinary than what you expected at the beginning. Was an entertaining 1 time watch though. Bonus points for it being only 90 mins long 

im trying to find cheesy 80s movies that i managed to miss out on. I had heard a lot about  Big Trouble in Little China, so I decided to give it a try

.....I turned it off after 20 minutes. Theres a level of weirdness to this movie that was completely off-putting and actually made me feel kind of uncomfortable? Im convinced everyone on the production side was high out of their mind when making it.

Edited by Twinblade

I watched parasite. godly movie :blessed:   I thought it was a horror movie with actual parasites tbh cause i never looked it up and people just kept talking about it and recommending it. I went in completely blind.

Read afterwards it was from the snowpiercer guy and I was like: yeah that makes sense :ben:  

• Like 1

I really liked ep 3 of westworld. I dare say it had the most heart in the series. Also, some of the music is the best I’ve heard in the sci-fi genre, especially 

Spoiler

The scene where Delores kills the cops by the ambulance. 

oh...and that episode was visually stunning too. Holy fuck! 

Joe exotic might be the most interesting man in the world. It's like if Kid rock and Riff Raff had a gay son. I'm only on episode 5 but i hope this ends with a season 2 or him being somewhere else on TV. 

19 hours ago, -GD- said:

I really liked ep 3 of westworld. I dare say it had the most heart in the series. Also, some of the music is the best I’ve heard in the sci-fi genre, especially 

Reveal hidden contents

The scene where Delores kills the cops by the ambulance. 

oh...and that episode was visually stunning too. Holy fuck! 

Season has been awesome so far! I love the addition of Aaron Paul to the cast. Also, is there anything that Tessa Thompson can’t do? She’s so good. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Season has been awesome so far! I love the addition of Aaron Paul to the cast. Also, is there anything that Tessa Thompson can’t do? She’s so good. 

for real! i also like that the main plot is pretty straightforward, yet there are cool mysterious subplots. it addresses the issues many had with 2 (which i loved, but i get why some didn't). 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

for real! i also like that the main plot is pretty straightforward, yet there are cool mysterious subplots. it addresses the issues many had with 2 (which i loved, but i get why some didn't). 

Its focused storytelling really helps. The new location and stakes help too. I’m sure there’s going to be a couple of complete mind twists though. Really excited to see more.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Its focused storytelling really helps. The new location and stakes help too. I’m sure there’s going to be a couple of complete mind twists though. Really excited to see more.  

yeah, we share the same mindset with this season. i love where it's going! 

50 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Agree with the both of you regarding Westworld. Loving this season so far. The atmosphere is top notch and the music and imagery are on a whole new level this season. 

Spoiler

I’m pretty sure LA is either Futureworld or a simulation. The way Caleb said, “You’re the first real thing.” It’s a lot less subtle this season. Also the way that hologram flashed out. Something about the “real world” is off. 

Also, my money still on Teddy in Hale. That scene with the pedo at the park was awesome. There was also 3 other pearls besides Bernard’s in the opening. 

Also, 3 episodes in and no Man in Black at all. I wonder when he’ll be seen  

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, Ike said:
  Hide contents

I’m pretty sure LA is either Futureworld or a simulation. The way Caleb said, “You’re the first real thing.” It’s a lot less subtle this season. Also the way that hologram flashed out. Something about the “real world” is off. 

Also, my money still on Teddy in Hale. That scene with the pedo at the park was awesome. There was also 3 other pearls besides Bernard’s in the opening. 

Also, 3 episodes in and no Man in Black at all. I wonder when he’ll be seen  

I think the Caleb scenes are mixed between real world and the simulation world that was talked about in this. 

I mentioned it before but again this ep there is clear city scenes where the city is completely dead and void of other traffic, then other scenes were it looks normal. Cant be a coincidence. 

I feel this ep really pushed hard that it is Teddy in Hale but they went out of their way to not confirm it which makes me suspicious lol. That storyline has been great though. Park scene was so good.

Have no idea who those other pearls are.

Yeah still no man in black, don't know how he fits into this.

Seems a major plot point and mystery this season will be the true identity and motives of Serac.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Serac theory:

Reveal hidden contents

There's a theory going around that he isn't a person but an AI. Very plausible imo considering everything we have seen.

Spoiler

He could be that Rehoboam supercomputer