What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 hour ago, Snowman said:

I know I’m late as hell to this party, but the show Person Of Interest is one helluva show. Definitely worth checking it out if you haven’t already, it’s on Netflix. I started last week and finishing up S3 right now lol. 

I had heard it back in the day but dismissed it because I thought it was just another one of those CIA / Government shows that’s on CBS.. When I looked it up on IMDB before starting it, I saw Jonathon Nolan was the main creator, the same person behind WestWorld. That did peak some interest but it was the IMDB rating / episode ratings that really sparked my interest into it.

It has 103 episodes with an 8.4 rating, that’s honestly pretty good considering each season besides the final one had 22-23 episodes..honestly should be higher than the 8.4 rating... Then I looked at the episode ratings per season and not a single episode goes below 8.0, in fact pretty much half the episodes in each season are above 9, with many being 9.6 and up. So naturally I decided to check it out and I’m impressed by the quality of it all.

Season 1, especially the first half, is pretty much the same run of the mill CIA / cop cable network shows we’ve all seen, but they wrap up the season strongly. S2 is where it starts picking up a lot of steam and starts to shine bright. I have 2 more episodes on S3, but this season took off the gloves and really flexed its muscles. Absolutely trilling tv. And I’ve heard it only gets better :bow:

Its a good show but the procedural nature hurts it. There are so many episodes that just feel like filler and at 20+ episodes a season it can be a slog at times.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Its a good show but the procedural nature hurts it. There are so many episodes that just feel like filler and at 20+ episodes a season it can be a slog at times.

Yeah that’s how I felt about S1, good season but you could definitely feel it had CBS written all over it. Didn’t really have that problem with S2, I found it more focused. And having just finished S3, I honestly loved every minute of it, felt like the team really hit their stride. 

But I can definitely understand getting bored of the procedural nature of the show and how you know someone is gonna save the day every time at the last second gets tiresome. That was Lucifer for me. S1 the gig worked and had its moments, S2 was still enjoyable, but my god did S3 drag it’s feet. 

6 hours ago, Snowman said:

Anyone here still listen to dubstep / electronic music anymore? I remember back in the day so many of us did. 

Anyways, here’s a few tracks my homies made some really dope edits of. The songs are more on the chiller side but with the hip hop vocals laid on top of them makes them a lil more hype. 

Bassnectar - Irresistible Force (DropDoc Edit)

Bassnectar - Arps of Revolucion (DropDoc Edit)

Bassnectar - Underwater x Gucci Mane (DJ Hippo Edit)

Bassnectar - Timestretch x It’s A Fine Day x Poetic Justice x Hustlin’ (NYE 18/19 Edit)

Parade Into Centuries x Pimpin’ (DJ Hippo Edit)

Yeah, I’m a huge bassnectar fan. It’s my number one workout music.

2 hours ago, Snowman said:

Yeah that’s how I felt about S1, good season but you could definitely feel it had CBS written all over it. Didn’t really have that problem with S2, I found it more focused. And having just finished S3, I honestly loved every minute of it, felt like the team really hit their stride. 

But I can definitely understand getting bored of the procedural nature of the show and how you know someone is gonna save the day every time at the last second gets tiresome. That was Lucifer for me. S1 the gig worked and had its moments, S2 was still enjoyable, but my god did S3 drag it’s feet. 

Haha I’m on season 3 of Lucifer and it’s a drag. Still fun, but not as good as 1 or 2. I hear 4 is great.

5 hours ago, Snowman said:

I vividly remember there being so many awesome moments where they would cram in a lot of main plot reveals and exposition but then the next 10 episodes would just be john helping one-off characters again and all the momentum built up in the story was just done away with.

Edited by Twinblade
8 hours ago, -GD- said:

Haha I’m on season 3 of Lucifer and it’s a drag. Still fun, but not as good as 1 or 2. I hear 4 is great.

Yeah, Netflix did a great revival of it. Took the best parts of Lucifer and focused on those. It still had a few flaws but kinda to be expected when a show gets canceled and then picked up by another company. But overall, it was a strong season

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, -GD- said:

godly!!! i love how he drop the bass...or can do something more epic and melodic. he's an engineering genius. plus, he can put together some sick sets! thanks again!

Indeed! He’s a wizard and the best at what he does, nobody comes close to what he does live....by that I mean his DJ style, like you said he can go from dropping some filthy bass and transition that seamlessly into a more downtempo song. His mixing, layering, and his acapella usage is unmatched. Like his Basslanta 2016 Night 1 set he played several different sub genres of electronic music and made it flow incredibly well. 

That said there are DJs out there equally as great, like Tipper, they just go about dj styles and shows in a different manner. Kinda like Tarantino and Scorsese, both are amazing and the best at what they do, just different styling.

• Upvote 1

Watched Onward, Pixar’s new film. Solid 8/10. Their animation is always incredible and I enjoy both the story and characters. However, I don’t really think it’s one I’d revisit. It’s not Cars level but it’s not an upper level Pixar film. 

52 minutes ago, Ike said:

Westworld was amazing tonight. Set pieces, answers, and more great music. Best episode of the season yet. 

I was on a roll with p5r, so I didn’t catch it. I will tomorrow, though :smoke:

1 hour ago, Demon Otto said:

I'm watching all of your moms get banged by lots of black guys...

What a coincidence, I’m watching your dad get banged by lots of black guys. 

• Ben 1
49 minutes ago, -GD- said:

HOLY....FUCKING....SHIT at westworld.

mind-blowing! 

the big reveal was brilliantly executed. lots of answers...new questions...westworld has hit god mode. 

Spoiler

I just hope that isn't the last we see of Ed Harris. :(

The mirror scene where Charlotte was shaving him was an exact copy of when Dolores shaved in the S1 finale. It was the biggest hint at who was in her. Also, the samurai guy and Charlotte were totally emulating Dolores's mannerisms. It makes sense too that Dolores can only trust herself. She couldn't even reprogram Teddy to follow her.

1 minute ago, Ike said:
  Hide contents

I just hope that isn't the last we see of Ed Harris. :(

The mirror scene where Charlotte was shaving him was an exact copy of when Dolores shaved in the S1 finale. It was the biggest hint at who was in her. Also, the samurai guy and Charlotte were totally emulating Dolores's mannerisms. It makes sense too that Dolores can only trust herself. She couldn't even reprogram Teddy to follow her.

Spoiler

i think i saw ed harris in the preview for next week's ep, which looks nuts! and i agree with you 100%. the acting/directing was top notch.