What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Westworld was brilliant. Along with everything yous said, the music in that ep was epic. That short fight scene at the 'auction' especially. 

The reveal now seems so obvious that I can't believe I didn't think of it (those are the best kind of twists).

Loving this season. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

We just finished watching The Lord of the Rings part 1 tonight.  Gonna watch them all again.  It's been a long ass time since either of us have watched them, and they're even more epic than I remember.

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

We just finished watching The Lord of the Rings part 1 tonight.  Gonna watch them all again.  It's been a long ass time since either of us have watched them, and they're even more epic than I remember.

I'm actually curious to see how Return of the King holds up now in a post Game of Thrones world because I remember back when that premiered it just set a whole new level of the term 'epic' in films. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I'm actually curious to see how Return of the King holds up now in a post Game of Thrones world because I remember back when that premiered it just set a whole new level of the term 'epic' in films. 

They're even better than I remembered.  I'm surprised how well it holds up tbh.  I was going in wondering the same, but I dunno, maybe I'm just easily pleased.. but they are epic on every scale to me, and I don't think GoT has changed that at all.

Edited by Remij_
  • Like 1

Derracce House 3 eps downloaded. Smack smack. Ciggarettes and chilin'. Mybe snack some more food. i LoL at those bored during Covid. Internet lifestyle. been built for this. Reddit helps too.

I SHOULD read mah HP2 book, but reading is so boring... hmmm. Got a chat program to chat with native jap folk, but en-masse people are facking lazy. Enthusiastic chat with someone for a couple days and you never hear from 'em again.  I'll find a language partner in the process. @$@@%%%

Just finished binging the first season of Outlander. Overall I think I have mixed feelings on this show. The setting is really interesting and the last 2 episodes were pretty brilliant in just how dark and fucked up they were, but at the same time a lot of the show was on the slower side and it definitely commits to the 'romantic drama' vibe which isn't really my cup of tea. Ill keep watching but under normal non-quarantine circumstances i don't think its a show that I would commit this much time to.

damn....another incredible westworld. it truly is the most visually stunning show on tv. i can see why they went with 8 eps instead of 10. 

back to the episode....it was trippy, cerebral, direct, indirect, action-packed...it was just an all-around excellent episode.

oh, i love the subtle (well not subtle if you are obsessed with this one film) nod to kubrick (kudos if you picked up on it on your own).  

as for where it's going, i love all possible theories.  will some fans of season 1 be disappointed with the current focus/theme? possibly. however, the last 2 episodes have been the strongest and most straight forward in the series imo.

also, i think this was a necessary evolution for westworld. it's all so much more grand now. 

watched 1917. awesome movie. the filming scenes in one take hype didn't impress me that much tbh. I just liked it overall, though it has some stupid flaws :ben: 

1 minute ago, kaz said:

watched 1917. awesome movie. the filming scenes in one take hype didn't impress me that much tbh. I just liked it overall, though it has some stupid flaws :ben: 

It’s because you don’t know anything about filmmaking.