What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

It’s because you don’t know anything about filmmaking. 

yep :ben:  

I'm saying it's not the best part of the movie, the story, acting, scenery and pacing were all really good. I felt the movie was advertised with this "feature" in mind and everyone kept talking about it. 

I love static scenes without cuts, this movie was like always on the go for the longer scenes but with that "feature" in mind I always waited for a cut. And when I stopped caring is when I started to enjoy it more,

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Just now, kaz said:

yep :ben:  

I'm saying it's not the best part of the movie, the story, acting, scenery and pacing were all really good. I felt the movie was advertised with this "feature" in mind and everyone kept talking about it. 

I love static scenes without cuts, this movie was like always on the go for the longer scenes but with that "feature" in mind I always waited for a cut. And when I stopped caring is when I started to enjoy it more,

Ok...so you got to see all of that amazing imagery with a realistic single take feel. It’s a cinematic marvel. 

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Ok...so you got to see all of that amazing imagery with a realistic single take feel. It’s a cinematic marvel. 

I'm not sure about that. :ben:  

I could've sworn other movies did similar things? Like I said to me it sounded like the movie got reduced to that "feature" by a lot of people, not that i'm downplaying it. I'm saying it also got other

qualities.

For example my fav scenes where the truck scenes and they weren't one take scenes?

Edited by kaz
18 minutes ago, kaz said:

I'm not sure about that. :ben:  

I could've sworn other movies did similar things? Like I said to me it sounded like the movie got reduced to that "feature" by a lot of people, not that i'm downplaying it. I'm saying it also got other

qualities.

For example my fav scenes where the truck scenes and they weren't one take scenes?

There were multiple takes. But it was filmed and edited to come off as one. Some takes lasted over 30 minutes. It’s nothing new (Rope was 2 edits - back in the 40’s). However, the amount of choreography is simply mind-blowing. 

that..was...an amazing final 15 minutes of Saul. The last 10, specifically = wow!  I can’t wait for next week’s finale. This season is on its way to topping BB’s best, taking the best of elements of that show and doubling down on Saul/Kim. 

8 hours ago, -GD- said:

that..was...an amazing final 15 minutes of Saul. The last 10, specifically = wow!  I can’t wait for next week’s finale. This season is on its way to topping BB’s best, taking the best of elements of that show and doubling down on Saul/Kim. 

Wow that was incredible.

that 10-15min is absolute peak TV. Up there with the very best of anything ever. Incredible performances all round and such weight to every single word. Writing at it’s absolute best 

• Like 1

Can you guys believe that I haven't ever watched a single episode of Better Call Saul?  Despite absolutely loving the fuck out of Breaking Bad... I decided I was going to wait until there was a good amount of seasons or episodes out there and then binge it.

I think that's going to be happening very soon, because just like you guys, one of my irl friends says it's incredible.  It's getting harder and harder to put it off for me.. because I'm hearing so much how great it is, as well as having all this time now to basically do nothing but play games and watch movies/shows. lol..

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Can you guys believe that I haven't ever watched a single episode of Better Call Saul?  Despite absolutely loving the fuck out of Breaking Bad... I decided I was going to wait until there was a good amount of seasons or episodes out there and then binge it.

I think that's going to be happening very soon, because just like you guys, one of my irl friends says it's incredible.  It's getting harder and harder to put it off for me.. because I'm hearing so much how great it is, as well as having all this time now to basically do nothing but play games and watch movies/shows. lol..

it goes from good...to great...to amazing...to "holy fuck, i think this may even be better than breaking bad, or a tie"

as a whole, bb >>

however, season 5 of saul may be better than any individual BB season (imo)

5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

it goes from good...to great...to amazing...to "holy fuck, i think this may even be better than breaking bad, or a tie"

as a whole, bb >>

:whew: 

21 minutes ago, -GD- said:

as a whole, bb >>

I think BCS is the more refined show than BB. But I agree with your assessment of it going from good to great to amazing to holy fuck. I loved S1 and S2 but you can tell the show doesn’t fully hit its stride until S3. Ever since S3 it’s been nothing but amazing 

Also think the writing, character development, and cinematography are better in BCS, with the acting not far behind BB at all now. The range of acting we see in Saul, Kim, Mike, Nacho, Lalo, and Chuck is up there with the best of BB. 

1 minute ago, Snowman said:

I think BCS is the more refined show than BB. But I agree with your assessment of it going from good to great to amazing to holy fuck. I loved S1 and S2 but you can tell the show doesn’t fully hit its stride until S3. Ever since S3 it’s been nothing but amazing 

Also think the writing, character development, and cinematography are better in BCS, with the acting not far behind BB at all now. The range of acting we see in Saul, Kim, Mike, Nacho, Lalo, and Chuck is up there with the best of BB. 

yeah, this season has had some of the best writing, performances and acting in the BB universe. the last 4 episodes have been "holy fuck amazing!" and yes! all of the characters feel critical to the story. none of them feel like afterthoughts. 

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Well worth the watch and hype. Depends on your taste on how much you enjoy S1 and S2 but from S3 on you won’t be disappointed at all. For me it has surpassed BB as the better show, but it’s hard to compare them because they go about their objectives differently. Either way it expands on the BB universe beautifully and it’s well crafted

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Snowman said:

Well worth the watch and hype. Depends on your taste on how much you enjoy S1 and S2 but from S3 on you won’t be disappointed at all. For me it has surpassed BB as the better show, but it’s hard to compare them because they go about their objectives differently. Either way it expands on the BB universe beautifully and it’s well crafted

fucking well put! 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Snowman said:

I'm not a very hard person to please.. in all honesty.  I know I'm going to like/love the series... that's pretty much a given.  I don't analyze shows and things like that to the extent that some of you do, I'm sure.  I just like binge watching good shows.  

That said... I do know and appreciate what shows like this have done.. elevating the medium above what's come before.

I'm definitely going to watch it... when is really the only question. lol

That was probably the most incredible 3 episode run of the show ever. Give this season all the emmys. It’s reached Breaking Bad tier level and is the best show on tv. Jesus Christ, I cannot wait for the finale. :whew:

26 minutes ago, Ike said:

That was probably the most incredible 3 episode run of the show ever. Give this season all the emmys. It’s reached Breaking Bad tier level and is the best show on tv. Jesus Christ, I cannot wait for the finale. :whew:

Lalo is one of the best villains I’ve ever seen. That damn smile and his stare are so intimidating it’s terrifying. That and he’s oozes charisma, yet you know underneath is a sociopathic killer. Tony Dalton absolutely nails that character

• Like 1

By the way, if anyone else enjoys Tony Dalton who plays Lalo in BCS, check out Sr. Ávila on HBO. He plays a hitman leading a double life, it’s basically Dexter meets Sopranos for the Latino community. Well worth the watch

• Like 1