What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Some weird and amazing news today for teenagers from the 90's.

Beavis & Butthead is coming back, again, and this time its going straight to Comedy Central.  At least two seasons.

That 2011 revival was quite solid.

Also, they're making a Half-Baked 2. It qualified for a $40 million dollar California Tax Credit, and therefore must go into production within 180 days in California.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

On 2020-06-22 at 7:30 PM, James Skywalker said:

I watched The King of Staten Island and You Should Have Left.

I like this music video Caught in the Middle by Paramore: 

Everyone is caught in the middle of mayhem. There is no “this side” or “that side”; it’s all mixed together in the middle.

<3 The Wallflowers - One Head Light: 
Hey, come on try a little
Nothing is forever
There's got to be something better than
In the middle
But me and Cinderella
We put it all together
We can drive it home
With one headlight

they played this song in The King of Staten Island with Bill Burr, Steve Buscemi, Pete Davidson and the rest of the fire brigade singing it.

Edited by James Skywalker
  • Confused 1
7 hours ago, James Skywalker said:

Watched Sudden Impact with Harry Kalahan from 1982. Good movie. Made my day. :ben:

did it impact you in a positive way? 

finished season 2 of Twlight Zone. it was amusing. Among the Untrodden is the standout episode. excellent stuff! also, i'm glad they shifted away from the heavy-handed social messages from season 1 . the resolutions, unfortunately, don't match the good/great buildups in most of the episodes. still, there's enough to enjoy in this flawed, but improved, second effort.

8 hours ago, -GD- BLM said:

finished season 2 of Twlight Zone. it was amusing. Among the Untrodden is the standout episode. excellent stuff! also, i'm glad they shifted away from the heavy-handed social messages from season 1 . the resolutions, unfortunately, don't match the good/great buildups in most of the episodes. still, there's enough to enjoy in this flawed, but improved, second effort.

Feel the sane way. it’s definitely better than season 1 but it still has some issues to iron out. For one there’s some episodes that are way longer than they need to be which makes the duds come off as much worse and just a big waste. I only have 1 episode left but I’d say among the untrodden and you might also like were my fav.

and a small town, The Who of you and meet in the middle we’re decent. You’re right that it was relieving they dropped the try-hard messages they tried to convey in the first season. Just need to watch episode 9 Try, try to finish this season

• Upvote 1

I just had the craziest dream. Dreamt I was in a car made of wood. Then it fell apart on the highway because I found it. Then there were bears and wild dogs on the road that were looking for food. I think I was in my Speedo’s. Then I was explaining to a bunch of people how I was at this house before and there was a robbery and I picked up a $1000 dollar bill. The cops were talking to me on the grass when we were laying down and he was coming on to me. I guess because I was wearing a Speedo.  Then I walked away and I was at the Joker’s (Batman)  Playground and we were talking about his movies and shows and then girls were trying to use his equipment like a broom or fan. I gtfo because it was an airport and it was closing down or something. That’s when the wood car thing happened. I think I was being pulled by other people. The car could hold 2 people and looked like it was made from beach logs. I ended up back at the house where the robbery was and when I got inside I asked if there was a party here because I couldn’t believe what happened. Some really hot girl grabbed my ass and then I went in the next room and there was a huge hammock. A fat guy left and I said, “it should support us now”; then I woke up.

Edited by James Skywalker

If you have Amazon Prime with Prime Video, then before tomorrow, or I guess 2am Pacific Time tonight, you can buy Starz on Amazon Prime Video for 99 cents for a month for two months.

I'm thinking of finally watching Black Sails.

On 2020-07-01 at 8:25 PM, jehurey said:

Also, they're making a Half-Baked 2. It qualified for a $40 million dollar California Tax Credit, and therefore must go into production within 180 days in California.

I saw Half Baked the other day for the first time and really enjoyed it.  IMO more people should look into watching more comedy films at the moment.

Just watched Perfect Blue, a Japanese anime movie from 1997 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0156887/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

It's about a retiring J-pop idol who wants to make the switch to become an actress but finds herself making some wrong decisions that start affecting her mental sanity, along with other things going against her new development like crazy fans that show more obsession than sheep with a sales chart.

Starts off fairly mellow and slow but quickly becomes very trippy and dark.

It's beautifully drawn and encapsulates that old school feeling of that era. I watched it in Japanese because the English dub sounded a bit too much like those cheap hentai dubs you'd find on Limewire.

Along with some mandatory pervy stuff because it's Japanese it turned out to be quite something :dame:

Edit: Happens to be on Youtube

Edited by bhytre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, bhytre said:

It's about a retiring J-pop idol who wants to make the switch to become an actress but finds herself making some wrong decisions that start affecting her mental sanity, along with other things going against her new development like crazy fans that show more obsession than sheep with a sales chart.

It's beautifully drawn and encapsulates that old school feeling of that era. I watched it in Japanese because the English dub sounded a bit too much like those cheap hentai dubs you'd find on Limewire.

Along with some mandatory pervy stuff because it's Japanese it turned out to be quite something :dame:

Reveal hidden contents

Watch Millennium Actress. 

Perfect Blue is the best Satoshi Kon film. 

3 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Watch Millennium Actress. 

Perfect Blue is the best Satoshi Kon film. 

Noice thanks gonna watch that too, haven't watched manime in years and it looks like I got immediately into the good stuff B) 

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

Hide contents

Great movie. worked out better as an animation too as it was originally going to be live action. We lost a legend when the director died.

• Like 1
  • aitch 1