What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Wall-E is the best Pixar movie. The first 45 minutes are an absolute masterpiece in terms of storytelling and without uttering a real single word of dialogue except the "ads" in the background.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

9 hours ago, -GD- said:

Hahaha I told ya!! Trippy af!!!

yeah thematically I thought it was just about some artist who fucks up her life with drugs to try and meat a deadline, but it thematically it gets much crazier than that.

Also I tried to watch mandy the other day and found the first 20 minutes to be really boring, enough so that I moved onto a different movie. Ill try again tonight but im hoping it just has a really slow start.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

yeah thematically I thought it was just about some artist who fucks up her life with drugs to try and meat a deadline, but it thematically it gets much crazier than that.

Also I tried to watch mandy the other day and found the first 20 minutes to be really boring, enough so that I moved onto a different movie. Ill try again tonight but im hoping it just has a really slow start.

The beginning is very slow.. but the payoff is great!

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

The beginning is very slow.. but the payoff is great!

Yeah it picks up not too long after i dropped it. I enjoyed it overall, its kind of par for the course as far as revenge thrillers are concerned but but both cage’s performance and the surreal visuals elevate the movie.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah it picks up not too long after i dropped it. I enjoyed it overall, its kind of par for the course as far as revenge thrillers are concerned but but both cage’s performance and the surreal visuals elevate the movie.

The bathroom scene with the rubbing alcohol  :lul:

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Oh yeah, the story is cool, based on what you get out of it. However, Cage and the amazing imagery are the standouts. 

On 2020-08-10 at 11:18 PM, Ike said:

Wall-E is the best Pixar movie. The first 45 minutes are an absolute masterpiece in terms of storytelling and without uttering a real single word of dialogue except the "ads" in the background.

Wall-E is a horror film. It depicts a world where we are supposed to feel emotional attachment to a robot. Its also a world where our fellow humans are shown to be so stupid and useless. All a robot has to do is prr and make 'cute sounds' ad we are ready to fall in love with it. Its a cinematic equivalent to anime girl pillows, its sick.

57 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

Saw Dawn of the Dead (not the remake) and Doctor Sleep the other day and really enjoyed both.  I'm a bit surprised Doctor Sleep doesn't have a higher Rotten Tomato rating actually.  Its 80%+ material IMO.

Doctor sleep was a near-perfect sequel to The Shining. I watched it twice in the theater.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, -GD- said:

Doctor sleep was a near-perfect sequel to The Shining. I watched it twice in the theater.

Its actually a really good example of how to do a sequel to a beloved film IMO.  It had just the right amount of fan service.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

Its actually a really good example of how to do a sequel to a beloved film IMO.  It had just the right amount of fan service.

yup! and it tied into the book, nicely too.