What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

On 2020-10-23 at 2:44 AM, Twinblade said:

he looks way too young to be drake.

he's supposed to play a young drake before the games. I think this was brought up here many times before. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Sounds like a terrible idea. 

How? I think he's perfect for the young Drake role. not that I'm super interested in that movie or anything though.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Marky Wahlberg as sully = fail 

Bruce Campbell would have been perfect. He was essentially Sully-esque in Burn Notice.

Yea, I agree. I think Mark looks too young to play Sully when Drake is young.  :wonder: 

35 minutes ago, kazi said:

How? I think he's perfect for the young Drake role. not that I'm super interested in that movie or anything though.

Yea, I agree. I think Mark looks too young to play Sully when Drake is young.  :wonder: 

I don't have an opinion on the actor. Holland is a fine actor. I just think the entire concept is terrible. The only time and reason people make "prequel" stories for characters is when they have exhausted the "prime" character or the actor best known for the character is unavailable or ages out or something. 

You do young Han Solo, Indiana Jones, or Hercules when you're out resources for the real deal. Nathan Drake is only known to fans of the games, not even they are getting the characters they are used to. 

They should have just gotten the dude who plays winter soldier and reworked the first game. 

• Confused 1

plowing through foreign shows lately, definitely have to give netflix props for putting a spotlight on them. Just finished Barbarians which was short but kind of sweet. I was especially surprised by how the actors on the roman side all speak actual latin to each other. I thought that was a cool & authentic touch that added to the atmosphere.

On 2020-10-25 at 12:01 PM, Mr. Impossible said:

I don't have an opinion on the actor. Holland is a fine actor. I just think the entire concept is terrible. The only time and reason people make "prequel" stories for characters is when they have exhausted the "prime" character or the actor best known for the character is unavailable or ages out or something. 

You do young Han Solo, Indiana Jones, or Hercules when you're out resources for the real deal. Nathan Drake is only known to fans of the games, not even they are getting the characters they are used to. 

They should have just gotten the dude who plays winter soldier and reworked the first game. 

They obviously want someone young to make a franchise if its a hit

And a young Drake story sounds a lot more interesting than retreading the same story as the games

6 hours ago, Voidler said:

They obviously want someone young to make a franchise if its a hit

And a young Drake story sounds a lot more interesting than retreading the same story as the games

That's the point, you probably already played the games. As much as I have gamed in my life, I have only played like 1 hour of Uncharted 2, so I doubt most people know the source material.

If they feel that the games deserve to be movies, then at least use them for source material. More often than not, diverting from the source material rarely works out. I hope that I am wrong as video-game movies are only starting to be OK.