What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

22 hours ago, Delita said:

I’m just wondering how much longer they can keep this up. I didn’t think the concept would be good enough for 1 entire season before I watched it and yet I’m surprised how they’ve managed to deliver consistently. I’d say go out on top with maybe another season or 2 if they have the story for it. As amazing as the wire was, season 5 showed that the series had completely run out of gas and brings the show down a slight bit.

They have been paced it well. I honestly can't see them going beyond a 4th effective season. Part of what makes the show great is meat and potatoes hero's journey story telling, slightly tweaked to deal with multiple POV characters. 

The show has everything, growth, redemption, and adversity for many of the characters. It helps that it doesn't take itself too seriously but still has a deep respect for the lore and the genre of movies it's emulating. With one episode they even managed to redeem one of the lame sequel movies. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

On 2020-12-27 at 9:12 PM, Twinblade said:

btw low, if you haven't already check out giri haji. Its a british crime drama that splits its story between the UK and Japan. Shit is really cool and its honestly one of the more overlooked shows this year IMO.

there was a lot of bing bang bang in it.. Let me try it again.. 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

@-GD-X

I think this looks like something you'd enjoy. Just premiered on HBO this past weekend. I'm gonna check it out myself.

looks dope af! i want to continue watching foreign shows/movies too :smoke: 

• Upvote 1

Episode 3 of Alice in Borderland :wow2:

Spoiler

What an awesome episode. I for sure thought they were gonna find some way to save them all. Pretty awesome and ballsy to kill off characters like that. This show means business and I love it. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Ike said:

Episode 3 of Alice in Borderland :wow2:

Reveal hidden contents

What an awesome episode. I for sure thought they were gonna find some way to save them all. Pretty awesome and ballsy to kill off characters like that. This show means business and I love it. 

Spoiler

Im not sure why thats not a more popular plot device. Killing off most of the main characters right after developing them enough to the point that you care about them, and then introducing a whole new cast. I feel like only the japanese are the ones ballsy enough to do that kind of thing.

• Like 2