What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

Im not sure why thats not a more popular plot device. Killing off most of the main characters right after developing them enough to the point that you care about them, and then introducing a whole new cast. I feel like only the japanese are the ones ballsy enough to do that kind of thing.

Yup! They take risks! 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

23 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Yup! They take risks! 

Death Note really comes into mind. I almost didn't even wanna watch the last 5 eps of the season, cuz I was like,

"whut?? lol. the entire 26 eps 2 seasons I just invested into this thing, has all been completely and entirely replaced, to a new arch.  wait a minute. huh?"

lol it was cool tho.  this show and a couple others are really harping off death notes braniac type shit.  audience members like it.

actually in ep 2, I thought "they should really look at their surroundings before entering the game."  sure enough, the bus was labeled GOAL.  I think (I know) the directors shoot scenes like this oh purpose, to allow viewers who want that experience to -- with difficulty -- figure things out for themselves.  shit is dope.  I paused so many times in ep 8 trying to figure out who the witch would be. lol. I think I sorta guessed it once, but I switched like 4+ times anyways it doesn't count lfmao.   good shit. overhyped by now but I hope Ike enjoys it too. 

Edited by kokujin

Started this show during qurantine before getting hooked on Search Party. The first 3 eps I saw were good. Looking back this kind of the vibe from Alice in Borderland slightly mixed with the human element of Walking Dead. Basically it's a plane that gets hijacked and they have to keep the plane perpetually in the sundown regions of the world. It's definitely a more grounded type of show and they have to deal with shit like refueling and figuring out their timing to avoid the sun. Half the people are shady, shit goes down.

12 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Started this show during qurantine before getting hooked on Search Party. The first 3 eps I saw were good. Looking back this kind of the vibe from Alice in Borderland slightly mixed with the human element of Walking Dead. Basically it's a plane that gets hijacked and they have to keep the plane perpetually in the sundown regions of the world. It's definitely a more grounded type of show and they have to deal with shit like refueling and figuring out their timing to avoid the sun. Half the people are shady, shit goes down.

belgian show @bhytre what’s your take on it :mjpls:

19 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The Undoing was decent, but ends too abruptly and doesn't really flesh out its characters to the extent that it should.

7/10

the acting was excellent, though. predictable af, though. i'm going to have to disagree about the character development and abrupt ending. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

the acting was excellent, though. predictable af, though. i'm going to have to disagree about the character development and abrupt ending. 

Spoiler

Elena was a paper thin character overall. She comes off as very mysterious and slight eccentric but after the first episode (when shes murdered) the show makes no effort to flesh her out in any way, besides some vague references to her artistry and potential mental illness. Her death becomes way less impactful especially when compared to the victims in something like The Killing, who you end up learning and discovering so much about.

John was also not that great. In the 2nd half when it becomes increasingly obvious that he might have done it, they touch on events in his past (getting his sister killed and falling out with his family) but do nothing with it. Even just a few flashbacks to him as a kid that establish his inability to be emphatictic or care would have been very effective.

It felt like a shallower version of The Night Of overall.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Elena was a paper thin character overall. She comes off as very mysterious and slight eccentric but after the first episode (when shes murdered) the show makes no effort to flesh her out in any way, besides some vague references to her artistry and potential mental illness. Her death becomes way less impactful especially when compared to the victims in something like The Killing, who you end up learning and discovering so much about.

John was also not that great. In the 2nd half when it becomes increasingly obvious that he might have done it, they touch on events in his past (getting his sister killed and falling out with his family) but do nothing with it. Even just a few flashbacks to him as a kid that establish his inability to be emphatictic or care would have been very effective.

It felt like a shallower version of The Night Of overall.

two different shows bro

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

They're pretty similar conceptually tho. The Night Of just pulls off those themes and concepts better :mjpls:

it pulls them off differently. both are excellent in their own way. agree to disagree :mjpls:

Into the Night was pretty good :obama: The core concept is silly and you really need to approach it with a open mind, but it moves well and is filled a lot of good moments. Really short though (especially since the eps are only ~35 minutes long), so hopefully the 2nd season (already confirmed) is longer.

16 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Ok wtf is WandaVision trying to be? A 60's sitcom?  Pleasantville?

It's meant to be a tribute to old sitcoms. Every new episode is gonna be a different decade. It's essentially Wanda going crazy and creating her own reality because she still hasn't fully processed Vision's death. She had a comic book line similar to this where she created mutants. That's where most people theorize this is going to introduce the X-Men and mutants to the MCU.

I'm caught up on the 3 episodes of 30 Coins they have on HBO Max. Been pretty great and gory. Seems like an "occurrence" of the week type show where something different paranormal thing happens and the Kratos-looking priest helps the protags. The overarching story involves the vatican and the 30 pieces of silver Judas was given for betraying Jesus. There's apparently some evil sect in the Vatican in Rome. It's decently scary and has some good gore. I'm enjoying it.

I tried to watch Wandavision and it's fucking terrible. Like you get where it's going right off the bat, the problem is that shit isn't funny or weird. Getting that they are doing a satire of bewitched doesn't make the purposely bad jokes and acting any more enjoyable for entire episodes. 

Now Legion...thats some good trippy shit.