What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I tried to watch Wandavision and it's fucking terrible. Like you get where it's going right off the bat, the problem is that shit isn't funny or weird. Getting that they are doing a satire of bewitched doesn't make the purposely bad jokes and acting any more enjoyable for entire episodes. 

Now Legion...thats some good trippy shit. 

Yeah I watched both episodes and I think I chuckled once. It better get weirder quick 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

On 2021-01-16 at 10:48 PM, Twinblade said:

Watched Promising Young Woman

WOW....That was a hell of a movie.

I can't recommend it enough. Don't even look up anything beforehand, just watch it.

I've been keeping my eye on this one.  I was a fool for years by impulsively looking up the plot synopsis for films I'm eager to see.  

Finally bit the bullet on keeping my head in the sand with Parasite, and there is no way that it would've had the same impact if I had known precisely what it was about. 

Will watch blindly.

19 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I tried to watch Wandavision and it's fucking terrible. Like you get where it's going right off the bat, the problem is that shit isn't funny or weird. Getting that they are doing a satire of bewitched doesn't make the purposely bad jokes and acting any more enjoyable for entire episodes. 

Now Legion...thats some good trippy shit. 

i liked season 1 of legion. 2 was too out there for its own good. 

Just now, Twinblade said:

speaking of out there i've been watching Lovecraft Country....wtf is this show :ben: I very much dig it though, there have been some really great moments.

it's a tonal mess, but with some excellent episodes and a god awful finale (despite an epic build up). 

23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Some of the FX, particularly the gore are pretty nuts and even kind of unsettling at times.

it's definitely worth watching because its best episodes are really fucking good! 

7 hours ago, -GD-X said:

it's a tonal mess, but with some excellent episodes and a god awful finale (despite an epic build up). 

The first 2 episodes could have been a whole season by themselves. I think the book is a collection of shorts stories? From what I heard the episodes are just rewoked stories and some over arching stuff so they sort of biffed how to translate them to screen. 

Hadn't watched anything in ages and just caught up on a couple stuff over the last couple weeks.

Finally watched all of Euphoria (started again) and holy shit. What a fucking show. Prob the best teen drama show ever made. The cinematography and music are next level. Ep4 especially is a pure 10/10. Up there with the very best of anything.

Watched Alice in Borderland thanks to the recommendations here. Was good fun, I love that Battle Royale style genre. I did however prefer the first half of the season although I did love how ballsy it was. 

Watched The Night Stalker too. Great doco.

Not sure what to watch next. The Undoing or Lovecraft County?

• Like 1
On 2021-01-20 at 7:09 PM, madmaltese said:

Hadn't watched anything in ages and just caught up on a couple stuff over the last couple weeks.

Finally watched all of Euphoria (started again) and holy shit. What a fucking show. Prob the best teen drama show ever made. The cinematography and music are next level. Ep4 especially is a pure 10/10. Up there with the very best of anything.

Watched Alice in Borderland thanks to the recommendations here. Was good fun, I love that Battle Royale style genre. I did however prefer the first half of the season although I did love how ballsy it was. 

Watched The Night Stalker too. Great doco.

Not sure what to watch next. The Undoing or Lovecraft County?

euphoria is the only perfect teen drama i've seen. it's beautiful, tragic, trippy...just amazing! 

• Like 1