What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

26 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, it looks like dumb fun. it's definitely going to cater to the fans. 

I remember I planned (bunch o friends / couple family cousins) party for Watchmen and got SO lit with all the pre-fiesta. By the time we rolled into the theater and saw the awesome beginning 20 minutes, 

the movie plunked and fell asleep on pot.

lol.  

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Other than scorpion I'm not digging the cast. The action looks good tho. It's free so no risk anyway. I hope they don't overthink it too much. It's Mortal Kombat. 

i don't think they are putting too much thought into it. it's just a flick to please the fans. 

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i don't think they are putting too much thought into it. it's just a flick to please the fans. 

I mean trying to explain the tournament too much and grounding it. The fans know it's ridiculous so we don't need it to be believable. I like that they are using their powers a lot tho. 

3 years ago but anyone phans of this? Bodycount? even Rem? 

edit: maybe gd. 

but,

and then the video for this song fucking sucked. :D niggur running sitting on the sewers for 3 minuttes wtf. I like the stupid dready guy wo does the chorus. seriously I saw and watched Chance grow up.The 'tippy toe hurt' line was not an accident. This was one of his 3 come ups. 

Edited by kokujin
3 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

mid life mental crisis over the complexities of Mortal Kombat or lack of.

:D

stfu dude you already made 4 posts about wanda. no one cared in case you noticed. 

Edited by kokujin
3 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I wasn't crazy about how WandaVision started but holy shit is that a good show. Last episode was perfect. 

yeah, i've heard a lot of great things. i'm going to watch it the week of the finale. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Twinblade was right about American Gods season 3. Literally nothing is happening in this show. Every episode so far feels like a filler one. 

you must be confused because I haven't watched a second of that show lol

• Haha 1
  • dead 1

Beartown on HBO.

Is going to go down as the best "sleeper" show that nobody watched, this year.

It could probably be perfectly translated into an American show and instead of hockey, it could be Texas High School Football.

Apparently based on a book, and people are saying that the book is significantly better.

It has a shocking amount of realism in showing how youth hockey is like. I mean I'm not an expert by any means, but they really seem to treat that aspect of the show almost biographical-like.

So, I didn't know this, but there's a genre of television called "Scandinavian-noir" or "Nordic noir", which basically means shows from Scandinavian countries are usually grim crime-murder mystery tv shows in which they occur in bleak towns with depressed people.

Basically The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is the textbook example in which all of these shows are modeled after.

My only complaint is that the crime that occurs--even though they start some heavy-handed hints that the town and townsfolk are putting these hockey players on a pedestal and giving them everything they want and telling them that they are special and invincible--they don't devote enough time to set up the psyche behind the "crime."

They rush into it too quickly. The character making that turn doesn't make alot of sense, because he turns too fast for it to make sense at that point. Its the only glaring mistake I've seen so far. I love everything else about that show.  And that main guy just straight-up looks like a badass, I'd love to see him in more stuff, American stuff.

Also, I've been making a point to watch my local channel showing reruns of Modern Family, from like Season 6 onwards. Its a pleasantly funny show, and I hear that Seasons 1 through 5 are significantly better so I need to go back and watch those.

I actually don't like cyberpunk :D

i'm willingly not pl.aying it. it's been 2 weeks.

Guess that's that lol.  The game is a bit shallow, and it's a bit obvious already. I don't want to find 20 paintings of Johnnny so he can have a trippy effect on my screen. this is stream lined scroller, move the camera as they talk game.

I had an important NPC SELF DESTRUCT during a mission. lol. fuck that.

---

started a book but lazy on that. maybe I should watch Wand fizzun. 

3 hours ago, kokujin said:

I actually don't like cyberpunk :D

i'm willingly not pl.aying it. it's been 2 weeks.

Guess that's that lol.  The game is a bit shallow, and it's a bit obvious already. I don't want to find 20 paintings of Johnnny so he can have a trippy effect on my screen. this is stream lined scroller, move the camera as they talk game.

I had an important NPC SELF DESTRUCT during a mission. lol. fuck that.

---

wrong thread breh 

---

:|

I combine.  I smarts. :D

Actually here,

I watched 'The Children of The Sea' (random anime) on Netflix with a bud.  Suspect expectations and just watch it. it's lol. I personally liked it. Friend hated it. lol.