What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Just now, -GD-X said:

Bro...sooooo many amazing scenes in euphoria. It’s the only “teen” show I’d give a 10/10 to. 

Yeah there is legit too many. It is perfect. Writing, acting, cinematography, directing, soundtrack. 10/10 in pretty much every category and somehow is a teen show. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Cobra Kai was LEGIT. I thought it was gonna be corny and retarded and it kinda was but since i grew up watching karate kid it hit the spot. Loved all seasons.

It is corny and retarded. Not sure why you guys seem to like this. I watched all 3 seasons cause GD said it's good. Waste of 15 hours 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah there is legit too many. It is perfect. Writing, acting, cinematography, directing, soundtrack. 10/10 in pretty much every category and somehow is a teen show. 

Even short scenes like this are mesmerizing.

• Like 1
Just now, Cooke said:

It is corny and retarded. Not sure why you guys seem to like this. I watched all 3 seasons cause GD said it's good. Waste of 15 hours 

Can’t please everyone nikka

I saw The Current War to get it off of my DVR.

It looks very slick, I just can't help but get the feeling that its a somewhat shallow movie that could've been much more interesting.  It was still interesting, but this feels like it should've been a 6 part miniseries on Netflix or Amazon prime or the BBC.

Its about the technological arms race between Thomas Edison's company and George Westinghouse's company to create a power grid and sell their services to cities to set up their power grids. They sorta mis-use Tesla and don't go much into his storyline, and its mostly about how Edison made the mistake of using DC and tried to disparage Alternating Current to stop Westinghouse. They probably could've expanded alot more on this.

Its a really short movie, too. Its a shame because Benedict Cumberbatch sorta makes Thomas Edison be like Steve Jobs, he has some good qualities, but he's an asshole, he's a slave-master, he doesn't respect many people, he has quite an ego on him, but he's not a full-on "bad" guy, he's a fierce opponent to George Westinghouse, who is definitely portrayed as the more fair man, but George Westinghouse has some fierceness to him.

Caught up with some movies over the weekend, to clear out the DVR.

I saw Billy Elliot because I thought that was a Danny Boyle movie, turned out it wasn't. But it still was good. If there's a UK movie that ends up getting marketing in the United States, especially back in the 90's and early 00's and you don't see any action or sex scenes, chances are its a really good and wholesome movie.

Then I finally saw In bruges after only seeing bits and pieces of it all these years. It was good.

I saw Guy Ritchie's The Gentlemen, and that was surprisingly good. Probably the easiest story to understand out of all the other movies he's done, that have all these characters and multiple storylines.

And then I saw John Travolta's 1981 movie, Blow Out. That movie mostly holds up, the first hour is actually really good. Its a solid mystery thriller. My only complaint is that the movie relies on a conspiracy to setup a murder, and the scope of that conspiracy is too small, which makes it hard to believe.

Fleabag was fantastic, specifically season 2. I can definitely see why Waller-Bridge won an Emmy for her performance. She’s a standout talent. Apparently, she also contributed to the new Bond movie script as well. 

• Like 1

Mandalorian Season 2. I liked it but was disappointed by some of the later episodes.

Still the best thing to happen to Star Wars in quite some time. I want season 3.

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Mandalorian Season 2. I liked it but was disappointed by some of the later episodes.

Still the best thing to happen to Star Wars in quite some time. I want season 3.

You crazy, the last 4 episodes was some of the finest Star Wars since the original trilogy.  I just hope they don’t milk it to shit. Let’s see how the Boba Fett show goes. That’s next before season 3.