What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

On 2021-04-17 at 2:11 PM, -GD-X said:

Rewatching Euphoria. This show is incredible. Every shot is a work of art. It’s fun honing in on the subtle details, since I know how it’ll all play out. 

That room rotating scene is fucking amazing. :lawd: 

Also, all the girls are hot af. :wow2: 

• aitch 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I was completely tight about Mortal Kombat. It was a fine background watch but they completely over thought and underdeveloped the premise. 

Yea, it was terrible.  First 3rd of the movie was good... then it just got stupid lmao.

15 hours ago, Remij said:

Yea, it was terrible.  First 3rd of the movie was good... then it just got stupid lmao.

The trailer was good and people made fun of me because I said it looks like they were over thinking it. Lol it was even worse than I thought it would be. 

I did like how they did Lui Kangs character and kung lao. Sub zero was good as well. 

I saw Mortal Kombat and thought it was OK although I'm not too familiar with the franchise.  Sub-Zero, Kano and Scorpion were the highlights.  I agree with Chris Stuckmann that the fight scenes lacked impact apart from the fatalities.  A bit more blood leading to the fatalities would've added a bit more weight to the action scenes IMO.

I saw the film Identity for the first time yesterday and thought it was pretty interesting.  Its been a while since I've seen a film where the setting (grungy Motel) and weather (rain) contribute so much to a film.  It reminded me of Road to Perdition a little bit with how it handled rain.  Not sure if its me but the cinematography and production quality still look really good for a early 2000's film.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Angelfish said:

I saw Mortal Kombat and thought it was OK although I'm not too familiar with the franchise.  Sub-Zero, Kano and Scorpion were the highlights.  I agree with Chris Stuckmann that the fight scenes lacked impact apart from the fatalities.  A bit more blood leading to the fatalities would've added a bit more weight to the action scenes IMO.

I saw the film Identity for the first time yesterday and thought it was pretty interesting.  Its been a while since I've seen a film where the setting (grungy Motel) and weather (rain) contribute so much to a film.  It reminded me of Road to Perdition a little bit with how it handled rain.  Not sure if its me but the cinematography and production quality still look really good for a early 2000's film.

Yeah, identity was visually striking back then. I really enjoyed it a lot! 

Finished Falcon and Winter Solider.. huge step down from wandavision. It was boring, the villains were cardboard cutouts, falcon is weak, Bucky didn't get enough development. It was pretty meh the whole way through. 

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

Finished Falcon and Winter Solider.. huge step down from wandavision. It was boring, the villains were cardboard cutouts, falcon is weak, Bucky didn't get enough development. It was pretty meh the whole way through. 

Yeah, I haven’t heard any positive things. 

Mare of Easttown soooo good. Seriously, two episodes in and this is shaping up to be another HBO classic. Winslet will probably have an Emmy for best lead in limited series. I’d highly suggest this show. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Uh huh. 

What did you like about it? It's about as bad as the first 2 Thor movies. No humor, a rehashed storyline, boring as fuck villains, what was there to like? 

Edited by Cooke
20 hours ago, Cooke said:

What did you like about it? It's about as bad as the first 2 Thor movies. No humor, a rehashed storyline, boring as fuck villains, what was there to like? 

It wasn't a humorous show. They did a subtle but effective job developing Bucky. The show has small stakes but it was about background stuff in the MCU. 

In this universe half of the population was killed off and returned five years later. So it was an interesting POV of what the politics of a world that has to repatriate lost people. 

When people don't want to like something, they'll find any reason to do so. If it were a world conquering alien invasion, you would be complaining that it was a rehash of other stuff. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

It wasn't a humorous show. They did a subtle but effective job developing Bucky. The show has small stakes but it was about background stuff in the MCU. 

In this universe half of the population was killed off and returned five years later. So it was an interesting POV of what the politics of a world that has to repatriate lost people. 

When people don't want to like something, they'll find any reason to do so. If it were a world conquering alien invasion, you would be complaining that it was a rehash of other stuff. 

I wanted to like it because i really liked Wandavision.. except for the first few goofy episodes, it finished very strong.  This one was just boring the whole way through.  Yes the post snap reintegration is a good concept for them to deal with, but the villains just being steroid using losers who want to kill people because they don't want to have borders? I don't get the correlation between the two subjects. What does repatriating all those that came back and not having borders have to do with anything? and why the fuck is she so violent in the first place?  She has mommy and daddy issues.. ok fine. Boring.  Winter Soldier and Falcon as a team just don't gel either.  Just felt like a low budget marvel movie extended for 8 hours.  There was nothing unique or new about it.  

Edited by Cooke
3 hours ago, Cooke said:

I wanted to like it because i really liked Wandavision.. except for the first few goofy episodes, it finished very strong.  This one was just boring the whole way through.  Yes the post snap reintegration is a good concept for them to deal with, but the villains just being steroid using losers who want to kill people because they don't want to have borders? I don't get the correlation between the two subjects. What does repatriating all those that came back and not having borders have to do with anything? and why the fuck is she so violent in the first place?  She has mommy and daddy issues.. ok fine. Boring.  Winter Soldier and Falcon as a team just don't gel either.  Just felt like a low budget marvel movie extended for 8 hours.  There was nothing unique or new about it.  

The bad guys weren't really bad... At first. They showed how radical groups can mean well while being villified by the establishment only to wind up becoming bad in order to achieve their goals. 

They didn't spend a tremendous amount of time, and probably should have spent some more time on it but they did talk about things like people showing up to homes they no longer own or are in countries not of their origin.