What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 hour ago, Remij said:

@-GD-X @Twinblade

Have either of you guys watched Hell House LLC ?

If you like 'found footage' style horror movies this one is actually pretty fucking awesome I think.  It takes a bit to get going, but it's worth it imo.  There's some really genuinely creepy fucking parts..

If you haven't seen it, don't google it, or watch any trailers.  You can watch it for free on youtube, I'll throw up a link.

"Five years after an unexplained malfunction causes the death of 15 tour-goers and staff on the opening night of a Halloween haunted house tour, a documentary crew travels back to the scene of the tragedy to find out what really happened."

I love these types of movies! Ever check out grave encounters?

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Just now, Substatic said:

The OST is better than any of the forgetable MCU movie soundtracks somehow lol. 

It's as good as Thor Ragnarok soundtrack which is very similar.

Watched the premier HBO’s The White Lotus    Every character staying at this Hawaiian resort is a complete POS but that seems to be the point. It’s well acted, good direction, and nicely written. I like that it opened up with the “one week later one of the characters is going to die” tropes but it works here especially when you wish all of them will die. 

I saw The Kid Detective over the weekend. I thought it was on Netflix, but its actually on Amazon Prime and you have to have the Starz subscription.

But its pretty damn good, in several ways.

Most importantly, its a pretty solid mystery that has some good twists in it. But its also a dark comedy, and a coming-of-age movie that different than most coming-of-age movies.

There's one scene, that they drag out for about 10 minutes, that ALMOST comes close to greatness. They don't have the balls to give you the massive payoff that the scene deserves, but its still pretty funny.

Been watching Money Hiest on Netflix. It's a pretty good premium feeling show. I knew series five is releasing soon so wanted to binge the previous ones. Almost done with the first season, and while good I'm not sure how they have kept this premise going that long. But it's good, it's real good. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Been watching Money Hiest on Netflix. It's a pretty good premium feeling show. I knew series five is releasing soon so wanted to binge the previous ones. Almost done with the first season, and while good I'm not sure how they have kept this premise going that long. But it's good, it's real good. 

Love it! They come up with a lot of clever ways to keep it fun. The season 4 finale 😢

The direction with Taskmaster was a bit disappointing. Actually very disappointing. I haven't been able to pinpoint why I didn't like the movie more than I do until talking about it last night.

Marvel has taken flack in the past about lukewarm villains and this movie is at the bottom of that pile. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

The direction with Taskmaster was a bit disappointing. Actually very disappointing. I haven't been able to pinpoint why I didn't like the movie more than I do until talking about it last night.

Marvel has taken flack in the past about lukewarm villains and this movie is at the bottom of that pile. 

Yep,  Taskmaster felt like a Terminator character but not cool and with no emotion. I don’t even care about the 

Spoiler

gender swap, it made sense story and theme wise.

I just think it was a weak film especially for such a long time between Marvel movies. It’s no Thor 2 but it wasn’t great. I will say Florence Plough was great and that postcredits scene has me pretty hyped for Hawkeye which I was already looking forward to quite a bit. Also, it’d be a great premise for that “What If” show if they did some stories on Red Guardian vs. Captain America. David Harbour was great but underused. I hope Marvel isn’t done with him. 

Stayed up late to watch the Loki finale. It was nuts in the best way and capped off Marvel’s best show so far. :whew: 

Spoiler

Johnathan Majors was amazing as Kang and can’t wait to see more of him. The multiverse is here and I’m excited to see where it goes. I’m glad we’re getting a season 2 as well. Phase 4 seems to be officially launching with this episode. 

On 2021-07-14 at 4:06 AM, Ike said:

Stayed up late to watch the Loki finale. It was nuts in the best way and capped off Marvel’s best show so far. :whew: 

Hide contents

Johnathan Majors was amazing as Kang and can’t wait to see more of him. The multiverse is here and I’m excited to see where it goes. I’m glad we’re getting a season 2 as well. Phase 4 seems to be officially launching with this episode. 

Yeah, Marvel seems to be going for the weird. This finale sets up the next Antman and Dr Strange movies as well as the Secret Wars project they mentioned. Marvel and that long term planning.