What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Clearing out the DVR last night, I sat down and watched Phantom Thread, Daniel Day Lewis' final movie.

And that was a shockingly pleasant, and at times, very funny movie.

And then, to end it, it gets a little fu-u-ucked up dark.

His voice in this movie is just the polar opposite of what he sounds like as Bill the Butcher and Daniel Plainview.

He's got this super delicate and elegant English voice in this movie, it really is amazing how he's able to do that.  And the actress in the movie is pretty amazing herself.

It looks super fucking authentic as a period piece (1950's London), like really expensive and elegant. I heard that his character in this movie  is like an allegory to Daniel Day Lewis' acting career. Its about a man who, at that point in his life, has perfected his craft. TO the point where he has nowhere else to go, nothing else to accomplish. The movie is about other stuff, but its interesting to watch the movie with that in mind.

33 minutes ago, Ike said:

@-GD-X

New season of AHS just started. Watching the first episode now. :aitch:

The one on Hulu or a real on FX??

— edit, oh shit!! There’s a new full season. It’s getting great reviews too :bow: 

• aitch 1
5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The one on Hulu or a real on FX??

— edit, oh shit!! There’s a new full season. It’s getting great reviews too :bow: 

Yeah almost done with the first episode. Been really good so far. 

• aitch 1

Just got done watching Denis Villeneuve's Enemy with Jake Gyllenhal.

:whew:that's some crazy shit. Might require a re-watch just to fully appreciate everything going on.

For a brief moment I thought that I had a handle of what was really happening in the movie, and then I sorta forgot about it. And now after reading a couple of articles in which people have their theories about it, I think my theory is sorta close to the mark.

Its a cool movie.

Yeah, the first two episodes for season 10 of American Horror Story were some of the best it has done in a while. All aspects from directing, cinematography, writing, and performances were all excellent.

I think the two 5-episode arcs are going to help a lot and avoid that mid season slump that always seems to plague the show. 

• Like 1
Just now, Ike said:

Yeah, the first two episodes for season 10 of American Horror Story were some of the best it has done in a while. All aspects from directing, cinematography, writing, and performances were all excellent.

I think the two 5-episode arcs are going to help a lot and avoid that mid season slump that always seems to plague the show. 

oh wow! i didn't know that was the new structure. i will watch it tonight :smoke: 

Just now, -GD-X said:

oh wow! i didn't know that was the new structure. i will watch it tonight :smoke: 

They’ve dubbed this season “Double Feature.” One setting is the northeastern coast and the other is in the desert. I’m sure there will be a connection like always. 

• aitch 1
Just now, Ike said:

They’ve dubbed this season “Double Feature.” One setting is the northeastern coast and the other is in the desert. I’m sure there will be a connection like always. 

that's awesome! it sounds like the hiatus from 1984 (which was campy fun imo) was well worth it. 

26 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Ike so I watched the first 2 episodes of AHS. The first was solid, but the second owned hard! I’m confused, though 

Hide contents

I thought each episode was a different arc 

5 episode story arcs with a 10 episode season. “Red Tide” is the one we’re watching. “Death Valley” is the second. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Ike said:

5 episode story arcs with a 10 episode season. “Red Tide” is the one we’re watching. “Death Valley” is the second. 

Ohhh will one end and the other will start after? 

12 minutes ago, Ike said:

I think so? IMDB says they’re airing an episode every Wednesday. It was also renewed through season 13. 

Ohhh ok. I thought it was 2 episodes a week (each having a separate arc). No clue why I had thought that.