What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yes, because I watch fictional tv shows to be constantly kept up to date on miserable real world events :| 

Spoiler

If anything, it’s a jab at the nut jobs who want to kill anti-vaxxers, and it also pokes fun at the vaccination/autism debates from the 90’s. After ep 4, it’s no longer an issue. However, the show has always taken jabs at society, especially social media, over-compensating liberals and facades. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yes, because I watch fictional tv shows to be constantly kept up to date on miserable real world events :| 

well, you've already told us that video games apparently need to keep you up to date on world events.

so why not tv shows?

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

In to the second half of You, season 3. So far so good, things are moving at a good pace. For people worrying it could be too political with the covid stuff, it literally only comes up in a couple of lines in one episode. 

Yeah, and the last 3 eps fucking own! 

I finished You S3. The political activism bullshit honestly soured me on this season, even if most of it is early on. The writers still felt the need to throw one completely unnecessary reference to their beliefs practically every episode, being very clear with what side that they're on and what agenda they're pushing. I feel like a shadow was cast over the rest of the show that made the good parts harder to enjoy. Definitely my least favorite season and if they continue this trend with S4 then its safe to say I will be skipping it.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I finished You S3. The political activism bullshit honestly soured me on this season, even if most of it is early on. The writers still felt the need to throw one completely unnecessary reference to their beliefs practically every episode, being very clear with what side that they're on and what agenda they're pushing. I feel like a shadow was cast over the rest of the show that made the good parts harder to enjoy. Definitely my least favorite season and if they continue this trend with S4 then its safe to say I will be skipping it.

Lol you are overreacting. Also, you are misinterpreting the messages. There were subtle jabs at everyone, even the show itself (making fun at the “wolf you” part). This is nothing new to the series. Season 2 shredded California’s liberal hipsterdom. Season 1 tore apart entitled New York millennials.  

58 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Lol you are overreacting. Also, you are misinterpreting the messages. There were subtle jabs at everyone, even the show itself (making fun at the “wolf you” part). This is nothing new to the series. Season 2 shredded California’s liberal hipsterdom. Season 1 tore apart entitled New York millennials.  

That stuff was way more subtle though. S3 is straight up cringeworthy with how it implements it. Characters will just be having normal conversations and then all of a sudden they make a reference to a republican recount of the elections, or make an analogy to QANON. Or someone will go off on a tangent about Missing White Woman Syndrome (I literally rolled my eyes at that part). Its really hard to take the characters and the storylines seriously when you see that kind of thing.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That stuff was way more subtle though. S3 is straight up cringeworthy with how it implements it. Characters will just be having normal conversations and then all of a sudden they make a reference to a republican recount of the elections, or make an analogy to QANON. Or someone will go off on a tangent about Missing White Woman Syndrome (I literally rolled my eyes at that part). Its really hard to take the characters and the storylines seriously when you see that kind of thing.

Lol this snowflake. They literally mentioned covid twice in the entire season, and in passing fashion that wasn't even part of any of the storylines. Lol "what side they are on." I don't want to post spoilers but you sound retarded getting this upset over this. 

You has always skewered pop-social issues. First in New York, then California. This season actually spent its time on #girlboss, influencers, self help, monogamy, cheating, tech bros, surburbia, domestic abuse thru out the entire season. Yet you're whining about dialog that probably totaled 30 seconds of screen time across all the episodes? 

Jesus if they dared to show a mask you would be in tears. They really should show trigger warnings for you guys I guess. 

You need thicker skin lol. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Lol there's literally a missing white woman in the news right now and California just had a recall election. Sounds like a topical show being topical.

Secondly it's a show made for women, not incels so they are not going to talk about wanting to have a train ran on them at comic-con or have a hot girl fall in love with her nerdy best friend who has been simping on her while she was dating hot guys or whatever the fuck you guys want to see exclusively. 

Agree to disagree. I'd rather not have divisive themes hamfisted into fictional shows I watch for fun regardless if the opinions expressed are left or right leaning.

Anyway, I just binged My Name on Netflix. This is another high quality Korean show. The plot is somewhat cliche and mashes together a lot of elements from your typical Korean gangster drama and revenge story, but it pulls them off well enough while featuring some great characters and well choreographed, visceral fight scenes. I don't think it'll be the next Squid Game but its definitely worth watching.

• Upvote 1

Agree to disagree. I'd rather not have divisive themes hamfisted into fictional shows I watch for fun regardless if the opinions expressed are left or right leaning.

Anyway, I just binged My Name on Netflix. This is another high quality Korean show. The plot is somewhat cliche and mashes together a lot of elements from your typical Korean gangster drama and revenge story, but it pulls them off well enough while featuring some great characters and well choreographed, visceral fight scenes. I don't think it'll be the next Squid Game but its definitely worth watching.

Nice! I’ll give it a shot tonight. 

9 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Let's be real as to why he has an issue with this season and not the previous two seasons that did just that.    

Like Chappelle said, it's funny until it's about you :cmpunk1:

• Thanks 1