What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

The Sinner season 4 has been interesting, but it’s not great, like the last 3 seasons have been. I give the show credit for dramatically changing up the formula, but the series’ already slow burn seems to burn even slower here. I’m hoping for a twisted and unpredictable reveal. 

• Upvote 1
On 2021-11-04 at 10:20 PM, -GD-X said:

Yup. Next season is even crazier. 

I finished the 2nd season. I unintentionally spoiled it for myself :meh: 

Spoiler

Since Baz's actor was in You, I was curious what else he was in so I browsed his wikipedia page and noticed that he was only in Animal Kingdom for 2 seasons. I immediately realized that he was going to die soon which made that moment much less shocking when it did happen

• Sad 1
23 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Damn, the new Dexter is off to a really good start. Familiar but different at the same time, can’t wait to see where it goes from here.

Spoiler

Dude I was waiting for narrator to come in. I was like huh this is different without the trademark voiceovers but whatever. But once his dark passenger was reawakened it was so good to hear   

Really liked the premier and excited to see where it goes. Hope they can actually stick the landing this time. Feels like Michael C Hall never left the character honestly. 

13 minutes ago, Ike said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dude I was waiting for narrator to come in. I was like huh this is different without the trademark voiceovers but whatever. But once his dark passenger was reawakened it was so good to hear   

Really liked the premier and excited to see where it goes. Hope they can actually stick the landing this time. Feels like Michael C Hall never left the character honestly. 

Lol I was actually waiting for the same thing 

Spoiler

the lack of any ‘inner monologue’ type of scenes was very noticeable. But maybe that will change now that his dark passenger is back.

On 2021-11-09 at 11:34 AM, Mr. Impossible said:

Started Cowboy Bebop for the first time. It really is a great show. I should have waited til after the new show came out because I can't imagine it living up to this. 

Wait, this show was only one season? I was totally caught off guard when I realized that I was on the last episode last night. Such a good ride while it lasted. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Wait, this show was only one season? I was totally caught off guard when I realized that I was on the last episode last night. Such a good ride while it lasted. 

Today its episode count would be considered 2 seasons, but yeah short and sweet.  That ending :whew:

On 2021-11-09 at 11:34 AM, Mr. Impossible said:

Started Cowboy Bebop for the first time. It really is a great show. I should have waited til after the new show came out because I can't imagine it living up to this. 

i haven't seen it. what's it about?

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i haven't seen it. what's it about?

Space Bounty hunters in the future. It's very noir in its presentation but also kind of cyberpunk too, but very subtly. It's pretty straightforward, the eps are mostly stand alone with some recurring plot points. 

It's definitely an anime you can recommend to people even if they are not normally into anime. The music is fucking amazing too. Like every part of the show is much better than it needs to be. 

• Thanks 1

I saw Eternals yesterday during $5 tuesday, and I can see how originally Kevin Feige said that this movie had an all-time great premise way back when they were planning on the movie.

If you walk in to see the movie, without knowing almost nothing, the core premise behind this is a pretty good standalone science fiction concept.

And, it also succeeds at being a sci-fi concept that makes sense at being independent of all the other science fiction events that are occuring throughout the Marvel universe. Its pretty interesting at how they are able to answer that question that would be on every non-comicbook reader's mind of "how can this entire thing exist and not get involved with the Thanos thing." And they do a decent job explaining that, assuming that they were either aware, or were mindful as to whether or not Thanos would be capable of snapping his fingers and eliminating ALL LIFE in Endgame.

But I guess Thanos' attempted snap in Endgame allowed the ability for life to grow and start over again, so I guess from the perspective of this movie, even they wouldn't actually intervene in that scenario.

So I am complimenting the premise. The characters are KINDA interesting, I like how they mostly appear to just have one power, or one ability, therefore they kind of need to work together to survive together.

How they handle the threat at the end of the movie is where I kinda stop giving a shit.  They come up with some thing that allows them to have the ability to stop the threat.

Pretty decent story twist, even though I don't think they handle the time-switching all that well.

The thing is, now that the events of this movie have occurred............why am I supposed to care about the Eternals after this?

They are somewhere in between Earth's members of Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy, and not quite the level of Thor, Hulk, Capt. Marvel in terms of power.

Somewhat of a spoiler:

Spoiler

Also, leaving the theater, I was wondering "hey wait a minute, the threat of this movie is kinda similar to how GoTG2 was about" and then it dawned on me what Kurt Russell represented in that movie, and how it relates to this movie.

Edited by jehurey

all caught up on Animal Kingdom

Spoiler

The 5th season wasn't quite as eventful as the last few, I expected there to be more crazy twists. But since the next one is going to be the final one, I guess it makes sense that they'd want to spend some time setting up a bunch of the story lines that will be the focus of that season. The show as a whole is great though and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

And I gotta give a special shoutout to Andrew AKA Pope. Dude is one of the best characters on TV. At the beginning you think he's going to just be the trademark psychotic guy who's short fused and prone to snapping at a moment's notice, but there's so much more depth to the character than that, especially after the changes he goes through over the course of the 5th season.

The one character I found disappointing throughout the series was Mia, mainly because she had a lot of potential in the story but was killed off way too soon. Theres so much more they could have done with her character.

on a side note....young Janine:aitch: :jerkit: