What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Finished Dopesick. It would have been perfect if it had been 6 eps, instead of 8. Still, it’s one of the most powerful limited series I’ve seen. At its peak, it’s a heartbreaking masterpiece, effectively capturing the devastation of the opioid epidemic. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve watched first two episodes of Dexter New Blood. They have been decent. Again, it seems it’s mostly just going to be Dexter carrying the show with mediocre supporting cast. But it’s fun to see Michael C Hall playing the character again. Big bad just got introduced so hoping he’s at least ok. 

• Upvote 1

I got on this 3-month Apple+ promo with my TV's app store, so I tested it out by watching Finch starring Tom Hanks.

Its a pleasant movie, its not meant to be a movie that gets dark or heavy. It feels like something that would be made by Spielberg or Robert Zemeckis, which is why it shows the Amerblin Entertainment logo at the beginning. Looks gorgeous in certain scenes.

Also, there's a deal going on for AMC+, sign up and pay for an entire year, and the price goes down from $7.99 to $1.99 a month, so basically pay $24 for an entire year up front.

There is this rather interesting dark comedy coming to AMC+ soon, called Silent Knight, that I might be interested in watching. But I don't know what else I would want to watch on AMC, and Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul are on Netflix, so you don't even get that.

but AMC+ is a bundle, it comes with Shudder, Sundance Now, BBC America, and IFC Films services. And apparently Shudder by itself is $6/month. So if people are into that, then buying AMC+ is the cheapest way to get Shudder, for anybody that's interested.

On 2021-11-19 at 8:24 PM, Ike said:

I’ve watched first two episodes of Dexter New Blood. They have been decent. Again, it seems it’s mostly just going to be Dexter carrying the show with mediocre supporting cast. But it’s fun to see Michael C Hall playing the character again. Big bad just got introduced so hoping he’s at least ok. 

I just watched the 2nd ep and am not feeling as positive on the series as I was before. The way they implement Deb's character is already getting annoying.