What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

26 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i'll try to see it in a movie theater.

the thing is, I am not fully on board with Edgar Wright movies, because I don't like movies that are clever for the sake of being clever.

That feels smug, to me. Baby Driver was a little up its own ass, and I hated the main character, he had a punchable face.

Shockingly, I avoided Scott Pilgrim for an entire decade before I watched it, and I quite liked it, and I thought that was more stylish and fun than Baby Driver.

he's like Wes Anderson, in which his movies almost solely exist as an exercise in style. Whereas, I just want a good premise and a story that goes somewhere. Style should be the icing on the cake, not the entire cake itself.

Hot Fuzz is probably the most rewatchable movie of all time though. :reg: 

I wasn’t enthralled with Baby Driver and haven’t had any inclination to watch it again. Soho is much better than that. The last 1/3 is wild. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Finally finished Tenet, I had started it the other month very late, like 4am, got about half way and was too tired and too confused to continue, so I went to bed. Kinda forgot about it but also wasn't in the mood for it, but restarted it and watched all the way thru tonight and it was more understandable. I'll definitely need to watch it all again, but overall it was a solid movie.

I can see why many were turned off by it, had too many concepts going on and while the acting was pretty solid, you just never really cared for them. Also had to watch with subtitles, cuz it seems every movie nowadays is whispering with loud action scenes. But I look forward to rewatching it, was something new and fun 

Edited by Snowman

Apparently the main actor that plays Reese is a QAnon retard and was very hard to work with. Which is most likely why a certain character/actor left. Apparently in the later seasons they limited him on so much, they took away blanks in the guns and replaced them with special effects, and anytime he has a weapon on him, he would be switched out with a double because he would take it too far. They also restricted him for going near the dog, Bear. 

Luckily, you can separate the art from the artist, and I have no problem doing such, and watching some of these later scenes, I get a good laugh just picturing the crew having to baby this dude around :kaz:

6 hours ago, Snowman said:

Lately I've been rewatching Person of Interest, I forgot how great it all is, especially once it became more serialized. One of the best shows imo. Root and Shaw :dreamy:

I wanted to rewatch POI but I think they might have taken it off of Netflix because I wasn't able to find it again. Definitely was a show I enjoyed up to the end. I was hoping that Cevezel (sic) would have played Batman in the Titans show but then learned how insane he became over the year. The right ruins so many actors, its sad. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I wanted to rewatch POI but I think they might have taken it off of Netflix because I wasn't able to find it again. Definitely was a show I enjoyed up to the end. I was hoping that Cevezel (sic) would have played Batman in the Titans show but then learned how insane he became over the year. The right ruins so many actors, its sad. 

Yeah, last year they took it off and shortly after HBO Max released, its on there. kk01.net is the site I use to stream it and basically everything else lol.

And yeah, I wanted to see him as Batman too, wasn't an amazing actor or anything but I very much enjoyed him as Reese in POI. It really is sad to see so many fall into that rabbit hole. Shame he was one of them, wanted to see more of Jim in either shows or movies 

Watched the final season of Hanna on amazon. It definitely lacked focus and was the weakest of the 3, doesn't help that they crammed everything into just 6 episodes. It was still a decent ending for the series, and I didn't expect them to be able to match the quality of the first season anyway. It was great and honestly one of the best things i've seen in amazon's show catalog.

• Upvote 1

Cowboy Bebop.....is actually not bad? Might help that I haven't seen the anime in years so my memory of it is hazy, but Im halfway through and dig most of what i've seen. The tone seems off at times and im not sure the casting choices are that accurate but the production values are fantastic and the action scenes are pretty fun.

Hmmm I’m not loving season 2 of The Great. I get why they mixed things up, but I feel like season 1 had sharper teeth and rapid-fire raunchiness and wit. The humor is definitely still there…just less frequent.

finished season 2 of The Great. that was awesome! while i wasn't ready to embrace change, much like the people of russia, i ended up loving the season more than the first. excellent performances, all around, especially by Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult. i can't wait to see where they go with season 3.

• Upvote 1

I personally really liked Pig. Its a unique movie that goes in directions you don't expect it to. I can understand it not being for anyone though, especially if you go in expecting a Nick Cage version of John Wick (which to be fair is what the trailers made it out to be :ben: )