What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Last Night in Soho :interesting:Has less humour than Wright's other films but I was OK with that.  Better than forced humour that doesn't land I suppose.  Diana Rigg in it was a total surprise too since I'm not sure if she starred in films like this usually and it was her last role too.  RIP.

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Really got to say that after a little bit of a slow start that Curb has really been superb this season. Loving every ep.

That line after the douche actor asks about what would happen in high school if Larry slept with a famous actress and Larry says “They’d name the school after me.” had me rolling. :deadest:

• Haha 1

Watched the first episode of Mayor of Kingstown starring Jeremy Renner.

Apparently, the second episode will help clear up some of the details, because I must admit the first episode just throws several characters, and you don't what the relationship is and why they're doing what they are doing.

With that said, its still very much a Taylor Sheridan-ey type of story, its kind brutal at points and very law enforcement heavyness.

It seems like a type of Ray Donavan type of premise, but within a dirty industrial Michigan town.

I'll keep watching.

There is this great little gem of a comedy series on Paramount Plus.

Its called No Activity. And its a Funny or Die production, and its a show that was brought over from Australia, and one of the original actors is a lead actor on this show.

He's almost like an older, less energetic Ryan Reynolds who plays an exasperated guy, sorta like Jason Bateman.  And the other lead actor is Tim Meadows, who is really pleasant and silly.

Its about cops who are on a stakeout, and they just talk about random stupid shit. And it also shows other people in dispatch sitting together and talking about stupid shit. And then it shows the criminals that are inside the warehouse that the cops are staking out, and they're talking about stupid shit.

The first season is okay. Its got some funny moments per episode.

The second season is definitely tighter, has a more-cohesive story that connects everybody, and it has a few genuine gut-bustingly funny moments in certain episodes. Especially Episode 2 from Season 2.

I've binge-watched the first two seasons during these past few days (8 episodes per season, half-hour).  There's four seasons total, and they converted over to an animated show in Season 4.

29 minutes ago, Ike said:

I hope the Irma storyline is done on Curb. She plays the part really well but my god she is really just an unpleasant person. The house husband bit was great though. Leon always funny af. 

Nah, it’s not over yet. I actually love Tracy Ulman, so I’m good with her riding out the season.