What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

21 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Finished all 3 seasons of succession in 4 days. What an excellent show. The writing and performances  :wow2:

I'm up to season 3 now. This is probably the best comedic show I've ever seen. The wit is incredibly sharp but at the same time the actors are as serious as shows like The Sopranos. 

The best way to describe it is if the writers of Madman wrote Arrested Development or something. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • Like 1

Finished season 4 of Cobra Kai. While not every kick connected or punch landed, it still came out victorious. Fans (most likely) won’t  be disappointed. I’d elaborate more, but I’ll wait until y’all catch up.

**(for those concerned about my mental health, I shall now balance the day with outdoor activities lol)

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'm up to season 3 now. This is probably the best comedic show I've ever seen. The wit is incredibly sharp but at the same time the actors are as serious as shows like The Sopranos. 

The best way to describe it is if the writers of Madman wrote Arrested Development or something. 

Right? The balancing act of dark comedy and compelling drama is pretty incredible! 

On 2021-12-31 at 12:23 PM, -GD-X said:

Finished season 4 of Cobra Kai. While not every kick connected or punch landed, it still came out victorious. Fans (most likely) won’t  be disappointed. I’d elaborate more, but I’ll wait until y’all catch up.

**(for those concerned about my mental health, I shall now balance the day with outdoor activities lol)

Spoiler

just finished it. It was solid but I definitely feel like it was a bit rushed. The episodes are less than 30 minutes long so they need to make the most of the time but then you have the plot lines involving the middle school kids that take up so much screen time and don’t really go anywhere in the end. I think that could have been better spent focusing on the main characters and the buildup to the all valley tournament.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

just finished it. It was solid but I definitely feel like it was a bit rushed. The episodes are less than 30 minutes long so they need to make the most of the time but then you have the plot lines involving the middle school kids that take up so much screen time and don’t really go anywhere in the end. I think that could have been better spent focusing on the main characters and the buildup to the all valley tournament.

Spoiler

I agree. Though, those final plot lines may become more developed in season 5. Imo, this should have been the last season. 

About half way through the new Dexter and it's surprisingly good. Very happy it's back, still not peak dexter but very enjoyable. Only thing I absolutely can't stand is the inclusion of Deb. Completely unnecessary and every single scene with her is annoying af. Extra stupid because Dexter is already a show where he narrates and so we get insight into his mind, the inclusion of Deb as that on top of the much better narration is just shit imo. Absolutely hate the over the top scenes with her too. 

But outside of that, its good.  

Finished the fourth (and as of now, finale season) of No Activity.

They switched over to being an animated show this season, which actually improved things, because it made you think less about the cheapness of the locations in previous seasons, and it also allowed for more diverse environments.

The problem with this show is that they talk too much without providing enough comedy. It feels like they are improving to help stretch out scenes, and when they eventually get to a funny line, its not all that funny. The show is fairly cheap to begin with, almost all the scenes are just two people talking, so for them to not have alot of comedy in the dialogue seems like a letdown.

Tracey Ullman and Jason Mantzoukas are the only people that tried to be funny with every line they gave. I don't think this show will be renewed.

10 hours ago, madmaltese said:

About half way through the new Dexter and it's surprisingly good. Very happy it's back, still not peak dexter but very enjoyable. Only thing I absolutely can't stand is the inclusion of Deb. Completely unnecessary and every single scene with her is annoying af. Extra stupid because Dexter is already a show where he narrates and so we get insight into his mind, the inclusion of Deb as that on top of the much better narration is just shit imo. Absolutely hate the over the top scenes with her too. 

But outside of that, its good.  

Deb is the new Harry in Dexter’s brain it seems. I need to catch back up. I watched the first 3 and haven’t watched any since. I’m actually really digging the Harrison story and the actor is surprisingly good. I also like Clancy Brown as the “big bad”. Everyone else is Bautista/Quinn levels. Michael C Hall is and always has been the best part of the show. I think they’re submitting this as a miniseries so hopefully he can finally get an Emmy for his performance as Dexter. He just had to go against Cranston every single year. 

46 minutes ago, Ike said:

Deb is the new Harry in Dexter’s brain it seems. I need to catch back up. I watched the first 3 and haven’t watched any since. I’m actually really digging the Harrison story and the actor is surprisingly good. I also like Clancy Brown as the “big bad”. Everyone else is Bautista/Quinn levels. Michael C Hall is and always has been the best part of the show. I think they’re submitting this as a miniseries so hopefully he can finally get an Emmy for his performance as Dexter. He just had to go against Cranston every single year. 

Just watched the penultimate episode :whew:

But I think think the Deb moments are excessive. I feel like they're trying to go for some Dark Comedy vibes with some of the scenes but I don't think they work that well.