What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

I watched all 9 episodes of Dexter. Wow! What a return to form, fusing what made the OG great with some fantastic new elements. Oh, and ep 9 = one of the best in the series ever!

Spoiler

Dex and Harrison’s bond = awesome. Also, unlike many others, I love deb in it. 

• Like 1
  • aitch 1

So the Cobra Kai writers are already planning for more seasons beyond season 5. I really enjoy the show but I feel like it definitely needs to end soon. The season 4 finale in particular goes all out with its characters and their confrontations that I just don't see how they can possibly top that without rehashing the same content and storylines

Cobra Kai Creators Have Plans for at Least Six Seasons - IGN

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

So the Cobra Kai writers are already planning for more seasons beyond season 5. I really enjoy the show but I feel like it definitely needs to end soon. The season 4 finale in particular goes all out with its characters and their confrontations that I just don't see how they can possibly top that without rehashing the same content and storylines

Cobra Kai Creators Have Plans for at Least Six Seasons - IGN

Agreed. I feel like the season was designed to create arcs for 5, even though everything could have ended on an amazing note, had they kept the series to 4 seasons. 

saw the king's man movie tonight.

its a fine action movie, thankfully they took a step back from Kingsmen 2 where that movie felt almost downright autistic with how spastic everything was.

However, maybe I wasn't in the mood to pay much attention, but the first half of this movie didn't really seem engaging. Even though it included a very fun fight scene with Rasputin.

And I also appreciate them trying to merge historical events and little details with the fictional characters they have in the movie.

Just last month I had learned about how the Archduke Ferdinand and his wife had died, how the assassins had a bomb, it bounced onto the wrong car, and then they thought their moment had passed. And then afterwards the Archduke was driving on the street again, and they got stuck on the wrong street, and the car stalled. And another Assassin was in a nearby cafe, noticed that they were just sitting there in the car, so he realized he could walk up and just shoot them.

That, more or less, is recreated in the movie.

Rasputin's crazy assassination story is also, with some creative liberties, also in the movie.

Then there's an action scene in the middle of the movie that is legit, LEGIT badass. And from that point onwards the movie is pretty good and engaging.

I'd say there's a flaw in the movie in that they don't do a good job actually showing you how the Kingsmen agency is created, even though throughout the movie they already act like they have a secret organization.

Edited by jehurey
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I looked into this. Is it basically just Lord of the Flies but with girls? :ben: 

Nah, it’s more like a darker Lost mixed with teen/adult drama and dark humor. Christina Ricci’s character may be one of the most unhinged I’ve seen :D