What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

So now that my wife and I have finished Dexter our next show is either gonna be Cobra Kai S4 or Dopesick. Not sure which yet.

As for what I'm watching alone, I actually started Arcane. I have never played LoL, have no knowledge of the world and hate MOBAs but had a couple friends continuously tell me to watch it and that is it surprisingly good. I'm not 2 eps in and enjoying it. The tone is awesome, the world building the great, cool characters and the animation and art style is stunning. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

So now that my wife and I have finished Dexter our next show is either gonna be Cobra Kai S4 or Dopesick. Not sure which yet.

As for what I'm watching alone, I actually started Arcane. I have never played LoL, have no knowledge of the world and hate MOBAs but had a couple friends continuously tell me to watch it and that is it surprisingly good. I'm not 2 eps in and enjoying it. The tone is awesome, the world building the great, cool characters and the animation and art style is stunning. 

Dopesick is amazing!

• Like 1

Man, Dexter's subreddit and IMDB are in full meltdown mode about the finale. Seems like many are reaching so hard to not like it.

Personally, like y'all, I enjoyed it thoroughly. It wasn't a perfect season and was bumpy at times, especially the writing and condensing it all to 10 episodes. Ironically i feel 12 episodes would've helped this season a bit more, even though in the OG, 12, at times, was too much. But it is what it is and loved that we were able to get this season of Dexter, it was a fitting end

5 hours ago, Snowman said:

Man, Dexter's subreddit and IMDB are in full meltdown mode about the finale. Seems like many are reaching so hard to not like it.

Personally, like y'all, I enjoyed it thoroughly. It wasn't a perfect season and was bumpy at times, especially the writing and condensing it all to 10 episodes. Ironically i feel 12 episodes would've helped this season a bit more, even though in the OG, 12, at times, was too much. But it is what it is and loved that we were able to get this season of Dexter, it was a fitting end

Ha, I figured. I feel like 10 eps were perfect. I agree about the bumpy parts/writing, though. That’s always been an issue with Dexter. However, when it’s firing on all cylinders, it’s pretty amazing. 

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The season finale has the same IMDb rating (4.6) as the series finale for the original show :really: I don’t know why so many people seem outraged, this ending is objectively 10x better

yeah, i don't get it. it was kind of expected imo. however

Spoiler

i would have liked to have seen more of an inner struggle with harrison, before pulling the trigger on dad. still, hall's performance was excellent in the finale (the whole season, as well).

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The season finale has the same IMDb rating (4.6) as the series finale for the original show :really: I don’t know why so many people seem outraged, this ending is objectively 10x better

lmao you have peeps talking about how 

Spoiler

killing Logan was uncharacteristic, they're saying he's never killed someone innocent before...like do you not remember all the times Dex was loose with "the code". After Rita's death, he literally killed some guy in a bathroom. He also killed Quinn's PI and slew of others.

They're also dismissing Angela's entire investigation on Dex because she's a small town cop and the M99 / Ketamine hole, but they're brushing over everything else upto that point.

To me it seems like the hate crowd got out in front and created the narrative that it's all sloppy writing cuz it didn't end the way they wanted it to. Should they have fleshed more things out, most definitely, but it feels like reaching hard.

It's actually kinda funny to see all these peeps just completely melt :lul:

23 hours ago, z,warrior said:

Euphoria s2 premiere was lit

I love League of Legends but been living under a rock, never heard of Arcane till now

Bro, watch it.

I'm now 3 eps in and I'm legitimately stunned at how good this is, ep3 in particular is a 10/10. Would highly recommend it to anyone here. Just watch 3 eps and if you don't like it by then stop, but what it does in 3 eps, many shows don't do over a season or 2. It's dark, it's heavy, it goes where you don't expect and it has balls. 

• Like 2

Hidefdigest and other 4K blu-ray review websites are saying that Dune in 4K is the now the absolute gold standard in 4K blu-ray reference movies for video and Dolby Atmos audio.

I just bought the Best Buy exclusive steelbook edition right now, as it went on sale on their website.

Edited by jehurey
14 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Dexter New Blood is officially Showtime's most watched show ever with an average of 8 million viewers per ep :obama:

They're definitely gonna continue the series.

It wasn’t a perfect season, but it was easily my favorite since 4.