What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

I started listening to more Beastie Boys ever since they re-uploaded a HD version of their 30 minute promo video from ten years ago.

Ultimately, I only really like beastie boys songs that use rockin' rock guitars, rather than their traditional rapping rap songs. Although I do like Thee MCs and One DJ.

• Upvote 1
Just now, jehurey said:

I started listening to more Beastie Boys ever since they re-uploaded a HD version of their 30 minute promo video from ten years ago.

Ultimately, I only really like beastie boys songs that use rockin' rock guitars, rather than their traditional rapping rap songs. Although I do like Thee MCs and One DJ.

bro...i love the beasties. when they dropped this lesser known track, i was mesmerized by all of the samples and that beastie energy. it's a shame paul's boutique was a sales flop because it wasn't license to ill part 2.

• Upvote 1

So I watched the first 4 episodes of Station Eleven and it’s not really grabbing me as much as I’d like. Instead of feeling like a post apocalyptic show, it’s more of a quirky art house drama about these traveling symphonies/playwrights that just happens to be set in a post apocalyptic world.  

The modern day scenes that take place during and before the pandemic have actually been the most engaging part of the show for me.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

So I watched the first 4 episodes of Station Eleven and it’s not really grabbing me as much as I’d like. Instead of feeling like a post apocalyptic show, it’s more of a quirky art house drama about these traveling symphonies/playwrights that just happens to be set in a post apocalyptic world.  

The modern day scenes that take place during and before the pandemic have actually been the most engaging part of the show for me.

Yeah, I heard it’s pretty uneven. I will eventually watch it more. I couldn’t get into the pilot. 

On ep 4 of Ozark. I like the tone of this season a lot. It’s a tense  slow burn, and even the kids have interesting arcs now  (I used to hate the sister). Some moments are still far-fetched (a problem the show has had since its inception), but I can feel a gloriously dark end is looming.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

On ep 4 of Ozark. I like the tone of this season a lot. It’s a tense  slow burn, and even the kids have interesting arcs now  (I used to hate the sister). Some moments are still far-fetched (a problem the show has had since its inception), but I can feel a gloriously dark end is looming.

Im only on the 2nd ep but its been solid so far.

• Upvote 1

Finished part 1 (7 eps) of Ozark’s season 4. While not the most compelling television (i still don’t like the children), it was a fun nail-biter. The finale sets up a meaty part 2, trimming off the fat. This is the most focused the series has ever been. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Finished part 1 (7 eps) of Ozark’s season 4. While not the most compelling television (i still don’t like the children), it was a fun nail-biter. The finale sets up a meaty part 2, trimming off the fat. This is the most focused the series has ever been. 

The last 10 minutes :ooh:

• aitch 1
22 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Damn…I was not expecting Righteous Gemstones to be so good. Onto season 2.

I dunno about either Vice Principals or Righteous Gemstones.

It doesn't FEEL as funny and crazy as Eastbound & Down.

The way he sorta just stopped making Vice Principals and immediately started Righteous Gemstones makes me think that he wasn't satisfied with the type of comedy in Vice Principals.

I've heard of Righteous Gemstones being a zanier, comedy version of Succession.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I dunno about either Vice Principals or Righteous Gemstones.

It doesn't FEEL as funny and crazy as Eastbound & Down.

The way he sorta just stopped making Vice Principals and immediately started Righteous Gemstones makes me think that he wasn't satisfied with the type of comedy in Vice Principals.

I've heard of Righteous Gemstones being a zanier, comedy version of Succession.

Yeah, at first glance, it’s succession’s religious and retarded, comedic little brother. But then it takes off…and delivers! I’m glad I stuck with it.