What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

30 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I just finished it. I enjoyed it, especially the ending which was a surprise. I feel like the fast few episodes were surprisingly short, like they were just trying to quickly wrap up the story. I wouldn't have minded a few more scenes with some of the characters.

And yeah, Fauda is similar with the portrayal of its characters. Palestinians/Hamas are the antagonists in that show but it depicts the good and bad of both sides.

Yeah, fauda is next!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The thing I dislike the most about 30 Coins is actually the visuals. Its got that fuzzy, high contrast look that you'd see on a lot of soap operas.

It is half soap opera after all. Especially 

Spoiler

The love triangle between the mayor, his wife, and the hot chick. :RISITAS:

8 hours ago, Remij said:

Any of you guys seen this?

I hear it's pretty awesome.  Might have to sub to Shudder again and check this out.

Watched it last night. Gorgeous movie and an awesome experience. :aitch: 

• Upvote 1

I finished 30 coins. I had no idea what was happening half of the time especially during the last few eps but it was dumb fun overall :ben: the chick definitely elevates it though. Not only is she hot af but she's actually a pretty good actress too.

finished season 3 of Umbrella Academy. it was a fun, but flawed adventure. i think fans will enjoy it. while not every arc works, it was an entertaining season. i don't know what to think of the ending. i guess it depends on where they take the series next.

26 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

finished season 3 of Umbrella Academy. it was a fun, but flawed adventure. i think fans will enjoy it. while not every arc works, it was an entertaining season. i don't know what to think of the ending. i guess it depends on where they take the series next.

Ah, I caught covid right in time. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Season 6 of Peaky Blinders. One of their weakest imo especially for a final season (with a movie coming to wrap things up), but it's still Peaky so still better than most shows.

im actually on the last ep at the moment. I guess my main problem is that there isn't really any sense of urgency or intensity that you'd expect from a final season? And the best characters have had too little screen time.

35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

im actually on the last ep at the moment. I guess my main problem is that there isn't really any sense of urgency or intensity that you'd expect from a final season? And the best characters have had too little screen time.

Yeah along with other issues. I don't like the story arc this season, the motivations for Tommy or what feels like cop outs in certain stories. The Tommy v Micheal stuff that was set up last season is basically non existent all season. None of the characters we like have any significant screen presence other than Tommy this season. Too many new random characters and somehow the season feels very slow and super rushed at the exact same time (last ep a major part of this). Hopefully the movie wraps things up well while leaving a lot of this season's content behind. 

• Upvote 1
On 2022-06-17 at 7:29 PM, Ike said:

Kenobi Part V was the best episode yet. The Vader stuff was incredible. :wow: 

I think that's the only good part of the whole show. Well that and the slick opening montage that made the prequels actually look like they were exciting lol. 

Disney needs to give this franchise a little break. They are milking a dying cow. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I think that's the only good part of the whole show. Well that and the slick opening montage that made the prequels actually look like they were exciting lol. 

Disney needs to give this franchise a little break. They are milking a dying cow. 

I enjoyed it for what it was. Definitely felt like two different creative teams. 

Spoiler

With Reva, I thought her character had served her purpose and her character arc felt complete after being stabbed by Vader. That tacked on chase scene with Luke in the last episode felt unnecessary and her motivation I guess of wanting to hurt Anakin by killing his son or something was super weak. She should have remained dead after Episode V. All the Vader/Obi-Wan stuff was really good though. I loved the light saber battle in the final episode. Filoni really just needs to take over the franchise like Fiege does the MCU. Kathleen Kennedy has been absolute shit at producing Star Wars apart from Rogue One.