What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

On 2022-07-01 at 11:52 PM, -GD-X said:

Yup. And there’s going to be a season 5. It could have easily ended with some tweaks to the season finale. 

Just finished it. It really did have the vibe of a series finale in a lot of ways. Im really not sure how they can top these events in the next season.

3 hours ago, Cooke said:

Anyone watch the animated Boys series. It's incredible 😄

shut up gay-man 🙄

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Just finished it. It really did have the vibe of a series finale in a lot of ways. Im really not sure how they can top these events in the next season.

Yup. 

On 2022-07-01 at 11:52 PM, -GD-X said:

Yup. And there’s going to be a season 5. It could have easily ended with some tweaks to the season finale. 

Having seen the final two eps (twice) I'm all in for season 5. They could have ended the show this season, but they shook up the status quo and really delivered a major change heading into next season.

There's definitely momentum going into whatever direction it goes next. 

55 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Having seen the final two eps (twice) I'm all in for season 5. They could have ended the show this season, but they shook up the status quo and really delivered a major change heading into next season.

There's definitely momentum going into whatever direction it goes next. 

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I really wish it had ended. 

@-GD-X I remember you liking Wrong Side of The Tracks, I just finished watching it and was pretty fun. Its hilarious how much of an asshole the old guy is :D 

I see that there's a season 2 but I can't find it on streaming sites or even torrents. Hopefully they put it on Netflix soon.

• Haha 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

@-GD-X I remember you liking Wrong Side of The Tracks, I just finished watching it and was pretty fun. Its hilarious how much of an asshole the old guy is :D 

I see that there's a season 2 but I can't find it on streaming sites or even torrents. Hopefully they put it on Netflix soon.

yeah, it definitely had gran torino vibes :D

• Like 1
On 2022-07-02 at 7:56 AM, -GD-X said:

Finally watched Last Night in Soho. The film’s fun, pop energy, initially, lured me into its 60’s romanticism. However, the demystifying of its respective period, by unearthing  the horror underneath the glamour, had me searching for the exit (this is a good and bad thing). The film was successful at making me feel tense and uncomfortable. However, the ending was too damn predictable. Still, I recommend watching it just for the film work, editing, musical numbers, wardrobe and performances. 7/10

This is how I feel about almost all of Edgar Wright movies.

Its just clever for the sake of being clever, and more style than substance.

Oddly enough, I avoided Scott Pilgrim for like almost 10 years, until I finally watched it and I liked it. I won't re-watch it, but I liked watching it once.  And that's now my favorite Edgar Wright movie.

Even movies like Shaun of the Dead, I just find myself wondering if the people in the movie made the movie because they thought they would look cool, and I'm not really entertained by it.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:
  Reveal hidden contents

black noir

Spoiler

True. His background and the skits with the animated characters were well done but as a whole he was pretty underutilized

Also, the clash at the end felt a bit anti climatic because nobody died. You have every main character involved, yet they all come away pretty much unscatched including Maeve (her dying in that blast would have been a great end to her character arc).

• Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

True. His background and the skits with the animated characters were well done but as a whole he was pretty underutilized

Also, the clash at the end felt a bit anti climatic because nobody died. You have every main character involved, yet they all come away pretty much unscatched including Maeve (her dying in that blast would have been a great end to her character arc).

agreed! some great setups for season 4, though.

7 hours ago, Cooke said:

It's funny how the boys is a better superhero show than any of the marvel ones with a fraction of the budget 

Big time! Though, the more I think about season 3’s finale, the more I dislike it. I guess my fanboy goggles came off.  Like I said before, I dig the setups for 4. However, it felt rushed. Overall, great season, though.