What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Big time! Though, the more I think about season 3’s finale, the more I dislike it. I guess my fanboy goggles came off.  Like I said before, I dig the setups for 4. However, it felt rushed. Overall, great season, though. 

Spoiler

imo the finale literally undoes basically the entire season. The start point and end point of this season which has been amazing are basically the same without the obvious little character changes. Soldier Boy's storyline specially fizzled into nothing in the finale.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Hide contents

imo the finale literally undoes basically the entire season. The start point and end point of this season which has been amazing are basically the same without the obvious little character changes. Soldier Boy's storyline specially fizzled into nothing in the finale.

Yeah, that’s a fair observation. 

been going through watching Michael Mann movies that I had never seen before.

finally watched Manhunter. seeing as though it has become the trendy thing to claim that Brian Cox's portrayal of Hannibel Lector might actually be better than Anthony Hopkins.

And, Brian Cox is more realistic. If you go back and see what Anthony Hopkins does, it really looks like acting. Whereas what brian cox is doing feels almost like a documentary footage of just how eerily plain and sociopathic a serial killer would look at you, and talk to you.

The other thing is that Manhunter and Silence of the Lambs are only 5 years apart, and Manhunter feels like a vintage 80's movie, whereas Silence of the Lambs feels a bit more modern.

That's not a big problem for me, I like the Michael mann 80's aesthetic. Some may find it too dated to overlook.

So this movie is the same story as the Edward Norton/Ralph Fiennes movie, Red Dragon. I saw almost all of that movie.

But Manhunter is really good. Its very much a movie about Will Graham, the person who caught Hannibal Lector, and is brought in by the FBI to help find this new killer.

Will Graham is much more interesting, and the movie delves deeper into his personal issues in Manhunter. William Peterson is fantastic. I never cared for him in CSI.

But after watching this movie, I'm shocked he didn't become a bonafide movie star.

THis movie might be Mann's tightest movie. There's a sequence of detective work during the movie that is thrilling. It doesn't really have any dull parts, and builds to a great ending.

Its on Amazon prime, but I ended up downloading two copies. The normal 2hr theatrical cut, and the 2hr 4m directors cut. The directors cut looks like ASSSSS, because apparently they had to use a certain version. However, the directors cut has one scene at the end that would be worth watching. So i watched the theatrical cut, and then loaded up the directors cut and watched the ending.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jehurey said:

been going through watching Michael Mann movies that I had never seen before.

finally watched Manhunter. seeing as though it has become the trendy thing to claim that Brian Cox's portrayal of Hannibel Lector might actually be better than Anthony Hopkins.

And, Brian Cox is more realistic. If you go back and see what Anthony Hopkins does, it really looks like acting. Whereas what brian cox is doing feels almost like a documentary footage of just how eerily plain and sociopathic a serial killer would look at you, and talk to you.

The other thing is that Manhunter and Silence of the Lambs are only 5 years apart, and Manhunter feels like a vintage 80's movie, whereas Silence of the Lambs feels a bit more modern.

That's not a big problem for me, I like the Michael mann 80's aesthetic. Some may find it too dated to overlook.

So this movie is the same story as the Edward Norton/Ralph Fiennes movie, Red Dragon. I saw almost all of that movie.

But Manhunter is really good. Its very much a movie about Will Graham, the person who caught Hannibal Lector, and is brought in by the FBI to help find this new killer.

Will Graham is much more interesting, and the movie delves deeper into his personal issues in Manhunter. William Peterson is fantastic. I never cared for him in CSI.

But after watching this movie, I'm shocked he didn't become a bonafide movie star.

THis movie might be Mann's tightest movie. There's a sequence of detective work during the movie that is thrilling. It doesn't really have any dull parts, and builds to a great ending.

Its on Amazon prime, but I ended up downloading two copies. The normal 2hr theatrical cut, and the 2hr 4m directors cut. The directors cut looks like ASSSSS, because apparently they had to use a certain version. However, the directors cut has one scene at the end that would be worth watching. So i watched the theatrical cut, and then loaded up the directors cut and watched the ending.

Great movie.! Mann :wow2:

On 2022-07-08 at 7:49 AM, -GD-X said:

Loved The Boys season 3 finale, except for one part, which was a wasted opportunity. Not as great as season 2’s ending, but still badass. 

I was a bit disappointed. Where as I liked how Stranger Things season ended because I feel the show is better off going into next season, I feel they kind blew up parts of the show and some characters were under used or weren't used effectively at all. 

It's set up as a final season it feels like but the season over all was very good, I just felt the finale didn't stick the landing. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I was a bit disappointed. Where as I liked how Stranger Things season ended because I feel the show is better off going into next season, I feel they kind blew up parts of the show and some characters were under used or weren't used effectively at all. 

It's set up as a final season it feels like but the season over all was very good, I just felt the finale didn't stick the landing. 

Yeah, after processing it, I agree with this. The flaws are pretty apparent. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

HOLY FUCK AT THAT BETTER CALL SAUL! that was more like a season finale. I almost had like 8 heart attacks. 

Goddamn for real. That was only 1/6. I’m so ready for whatever comes next man. :wow:

• aitch 1
2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Goddamn for real. That was only 1/6. I’m so ready for whatever comes next man. :wow:

Same bro! Apparently, the season wasn’t supposed to be split in half, so I can see this premiere feeling too frenetic for some. I think when everything is done, and both halves are seen as a whole, everything will feel just right. I’m excited to see where they go from here. The fallout is going to be intense. 

29 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Same bro! Apparently, the season wasn’t supposed to be split in half, so I can see this premiere feeling too frenetic for some. I think when everything is done, and both halves are seen as a whole, everything will feel just right. I’m excited to see where they go from here. The fallout is going to be intense. 

I think it was the appropriate midseason premier since it pretty much resets our expectations and what’s coming for the final 5. 

Spoiler

I honestly thought, probably like everyone did, that the remainder would be a Lalo/Gus chess match. 

18 minutes ago, Ike said:

I think it was the appropriate midseason premier since it pretty much resets our expectations and what’s coming for the final 5. 

Hide contents

I honestly thought, probably like everyone did, that the remainder would be a Lalo/Gus chess match. 

Yup. That’s what I expected too. I’m so curious as to how this will wrap up. 

• Upvote 1

What we do in the Shadows season 4 has started. I only recently began watching it but I love this show. It's the best movie to TV show adaptation ever made. And fuck MASH before anyone brings that up. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • Like 1