What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

47 minutes ago, Ike said:

Powered through 2 series this week. Was home sick all week away from work. :aitch:

I needed a break between good shows after Star Trek Strange New Worlds. Now that I’m done with Resident Evil, moving on to Severance. Still have that, Yellowjackets, and Stranger Things to watch. Along with several others lol. 

Bro…you are in for a treat with those first 2 shows. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

I just finished RE. it definitely went off the rails toward the end :D I liked it for what it was, its a unique take on the series that was a bit jarring at first but once I got used to it I found it to be pretty interesting. It does give off a CW vibe so anyone familiar with those shows will have an idea of what to expect.

Its split into 2 timelines but the present day one is definitely the better one, especially with the characters. Lance Reddick as Wesker and the chick who plays Umbrella's CEO both elevate the show with their performances and range.

3 hours ago, Ike said:

@Twinblade

Let me know when you finish Resident Evil

Reveal hidden contents

That Ada Wong name drop at the end :wow2:

Yeah, that tease definitely made me a bit excited for the future of the series but I also get the feeling that Netflix is going to cancel it before then. I think a lot of RE fans are going to nitpick it to death. Hell, its already being review bombed on imdb (has a 3.4 rating atm).

Watched the South Park Streaming Wars on Paramount Plus.

I didn't know Part 1 came out in June. So I watched that first, and then I watched Part 2 that just came out.

Its definitely solid.

But I am disappointed if thats all the South Park we are going to get this year.  The Comedy Central "season" was 6 episodes back in February-March.

And Parts 1 and 2 are basically four episodes.

I forget that they've only been doing 10 episodes per year since like 2015-2016.

29 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Why have I never heard of Solar Opposites.  I've cried laughing more times than ever. It's funnier than Rick and Morty 

Great show. The Wall storyline could be its own show. :wow2:

40 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

While Resident Evil is far from being a great show, so far, it’s entertaining af. The CW-production is a great observation, @Twinblade. Still, I’m actually into these characters. Wesker :bow: about to start ep 3. 

If there's a 2nd season I do hope they tighten up the dialogue a bit. Some of the lines are awful lol.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

On ep 4 of RE. I like the flashback stuff more. 

Modern day Jade story the most boring part of the show. The 2022 storyline and New Raccoon City the much more interesting plot thread. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Ike said:

Modern day Jade story the most boring part of the show. The 2022 storyline and New Raccoon City the much more interesting plot thread. 

I think the actress playing modern Jade really hurts that timeline. Her acting is some of the weakest among all the characters.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ike said:

Definitely! I don’t like older Jade either. 

Ep 5 of RE was its strongest yet! I loved the 

Spoiler

House exploration. Gave me puzzle-solving vibes. I loved the “herb garden” reference too. The show should have ditched the future stuff and been called: Resident Evil Origins. As for the “revelation” at the end of the ep, I’m sure you all saw that coming a mile away too lol. Overall, great ep! 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

On ep 7 of RE. Ok…. Really? 

Reveal hidden contents

Will the real Wesker please stand up, please stand up…. This is some goofy ass shit lol

Yeah it was silly but I sort of expected something like that

Spoiler

Wesker died in RE5 afterall, and the show is trying to be faithful to the lore. So it makes sense that the Wesker we see was a clone all along.

Bert's childlike personality is a bit much tho, one of the instances of the tone not really fitting the themes they're going for.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

Wesker died in RE5 afterall, and the show is trying to be faithful to the lore. So it makes sense that the Wesker we see was a clone all along.

Bert's childlike personality is a bit much tho, one of the instances of the tone not really fitting the themes they're going for.

Spoiler

Don’t get me wrong, it’s amusing af lol. Though, it tanked the flashback momentum. I’m on ep 8. I’ll finish it later tonight. My overall review is sitting at a 6, so far. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

Give me more 

Spoiler

Leather daddy Wesker flashback. :aitch: