What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

The Predator movie, Prey, is no longer coming to theaters.

Its going straight to HULU next friday, August 5th

Weird.

But apparently , it has to do with Disney not wanting to give this movie to HBOmax, because they have a deal regarding specific movies that release in theaters during 2021-2022, HBOmax becomes the first streaming place they go to after a theatrical release.

So, Disney found a ridiculous loophole and simply isn't releasing it to theaters. And since Disney+ isn't really meant for R-rated stuff, this goes straight to HULU.

Apparently, rumor has it that the movie is actually quite good??????

Edited by jehurey
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The Predator movie, Prey, is no longer coming to theaters.

Its going straight to HULU next friday, August 5th

Weird.

But apparently , it has to do with Disney not wanting to give this movie to HBOmax, because they have a deal regarding specific movies that release in theaters during 2021-2022, HBOmax becomes the first streaming place they go to after a theatrical release.

So, Disney found a ridiculous loophole and simply isn't releasing it to theaters. And since Disney+ isn't really meant for R-rated stuff, this goes straight to HULU.

Apparently, rumor has it that the movie is actually quite good??????

O damn! I will stream it! 

This looks head and shoulders much more fleshed out and interesting than any of the other Star Wars tv shows.

This is what I would imagine those Star War expended universe novels would contain tons of characters regarding establishing the backstory behind the main movies.

This feels like a movie. This looks really solid.

This is made by the people who made Rogue One, and that's the only Star Wars movie that I've liked from this past decade.

Edited by jehurey

I don’t know how I feel about tonight’s BCS, or the direction it’s going in. 

Spoiler

Gene is an asshole. Like…I hope he dies lol. Also, while I loved the Walt/Jessie cameo, they looked old af. 

Well-made episode, but the tone is making me uncomfortable. If I hate the ending, I’ll murder someone lol. 

Also, regarding BCS 

Spoiler

I kind of wish they had made the gene arc way shorter and just focused more on Kim and Lalo. I get what the creators are doing, but it’s making me hate Gene, and I have nobody to root for. Even when Walt broke bad, I still rooted for him. I mean, if Gene is doing all of this to end up with Kim, great. However, if he’s doing it because he’a a miserable sack of shit who misses “the rush”…ugh. 

Finished Saul. I’m ok with where it’s going. 

Spoiler

All the moves Gene makes seems to be in line with Saul. I do think it’s interesting that they showed that Saul was responsible for pushing hard for Walt to link up with Gus. Mike right about it all of course there too. I like the shots from the Saul and Gene timeline matching up. That one of the grave to Gene in the bed was awesome. Classic montage there with the drinking scheme. I’m just wondering if those last couple of shots of him going up to the school and him breaking into the house are showing he’s sealing his own fate. 

They edged us hard with the Kim phone call. It pissed him off so much he kicked the glass so who knows what was said. 

I will say too the show of the tape and them sticking there to show him coming back was a wink to rhe audience. Gilligan won’t leave any loose ends here and to trust them and where the story is going. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Also, regarding BCS 

Reveal hidden contents

I kind of wish they had made the gene arc way shorter and just focused more on Kim and Lalo. I get what the creators are doing, but it’s making me hate Gene, and I have nobody to root for. Even when Walt broke bad, I still rooted for him. I mean, if Gene is doing all of this to end up with Kim, great. However, if he’s doing it because he’a a miserable sack of shit who misses “the rush”…ugh. 

I think it’s both. Chuck was normally right about things. He’s an asshole but he was always right about Jimmy. 

2 more man. :lupe: 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Finished Saul. I’m ok with where it’s going. 

Hide contents

All the moves Gene makes seems to be in line with Saul. I do think it’s interesting that they showed that Saul was responsible for pushing hard for Walt to link up with Gus. Mike right about it all of course there too. I like the shots from the Saul and Gene timeline matching up. That one of the grave to Gene in the bed was awesome. Classic montage there with the drinking scheme. I’m just wondering if those last couple of shots of him going up to the school and him breaking into the house are showing he’s sealing his own fate. 

They edged us hard with the Kim phone call. It pissed him off so much he kicked the glass so who knows what was said. 

I will say too the show of the tape and them sticking there to show him coming back was a wink to rhe audience. Gilligan won’t leave any loose ends here and to trust them and where the story is going. 

Spoiler

The Walt/Jessie part felt soooo forced and unnecessary. I agree about the mike part, though. That was probably the best part of the episode (to me). 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:
  Hide contents

The Walt/Jessie part felt soooo forced and unnecessary. I agree about the mike part, though. That was probably the best part of the episode (to me). 

Spoiler

I wasn’t expecting more than the amount shown for their cameos. I don’t think we need that much more. I agree the scene wasn’t super necessary but it was fun to hear them ask about Lalo where the whole BCS show was pretty much conceived from that one line. 

5 minutes ago, Ike said:
  Hide contents

I wasn’t expecting more than the amount shown for their cameos. I don’t think we need that much more. I agree the scene wasn’t super necessary but it was fun to hear them ask about Lalo where the whole BCS show was pretty much conceived from that one line. 

Eh, worst ep in the whole series. 

24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

No doubt. I’m still not a fan of last night’s ep. However, I liked a solid number of scenes. 

Spoiler

Well we don't like the character of Walt either. And that is exactly what Gene is turning in to. The whole coming up with scheme felt totally like Heisenberg. Even the mustache and the references to Frankenstein.  Hell, Gene was even calling himself Viktor when he was at the bars with the rich people. It's apparent here that Jimmy is responsible for making Heisenberg. I think we're still getting more BrBa timeline scenes especially one where Jimmy will plead to Gus to link up with Walt. 

26 minutes ago, Ike said:
  Hide contents

Well we don't like the character of Walt either. And that is exactly what Gene is turning in to. The whole coming up with scheme felt totally like Heisenberg. Even the mustache and the references to Frankenstein.  Hell, Gene was even calling himself Viktor when he was at the bars with the rich people. It's apparent here that Jimmy is responsible for making Heisenberg. I think we're still getting more BrBa timeline scenes especially one where Jimmy will plead to Gus to link up with Walt. 

Spoiler

I still liked Walt a lot, though.

In terms of the episode, another issue I have is the replacement for Jeff, a character who originally could have been a wise guy with the intimidating swagger he had telling Gene to “say it!” The new guy seems shy and insecure. Harmless af. He’s not a bad actor, just a bad replacement.

We already covered the wasted walt/Jessie scene. To be honest, it was so bad, I wish it had been edited out. Teenage Jessie looked 40. Walt looked old af. 

lastly, methodical Jimmy/Saul/Gene resorting to breaking a window to enter a place? It’s out of character. Maybe it will go somewhere unexpected, but it was retarded af. 

Watched BCS. 

I'm with @Ike and am more than satisfied with the direction it's going

Spoiler

The Walt/Jesse cameos were whatever really but it was awesome to close that Lalo link from BB. 

Was also really cool to see it was Saul that was pushing for Walt.

I also think the whole episode was basically about how Saul is a lot more like Walt than we would like to imagine. As much a power hungry, selfish and ego driven man that tells himself he is doing things for a greater purpose but in truth it is just for himself. Basically exactly what Howard told him and Kim before he got killed. The numerous overlayed scenes with Gene and Saul and him instantly reverting to scheming Saul in any moment of perceived need. 

End also seems a definite prelude to the beginning of the end. Foreshadowed with Saul arriving at the school also which was the beginning of the end of Saul in a way also.

But surely we now will get the reunion of Saul and Kim in the black and white timeline. It's all I want. One more scene with them together. This show at it's core has been about them, needs to end with them. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Watched BCS. 

I'm with @Ike and am more than satisfied with the direction it's going

Hide contents

The Walt/Jesse cameos were whatever really but it was awesome to close that Lalo link from BB. 

Was also really cool to see it was Saul that was pushing for Walt.

I also think the whole episode was basically about how Saul is a lot more like Walt than we would like to imagine. As much a power hungry, selfish and ego driven man that tells himself he is doing things for a greater purpose but in truth it is just for himself. Basically exactly what Howard told him and Kim before he got killed. The numerous overlayed scenes with Gene and Saul and him instantly reverting to scheming Saul in any moment of perceived need. 

End also seems a definite prelude to the beginning of the end. Foreshadowed with Saul arriving at the school also which was the beginning of the end of Saul in a way also.

But surely we now will get the reunion of Saul and Kim in the black and white timeline. It's all I want. One more scene with them together. This show at it's core has been about them, needs to end with them. 

Eh, it’s a “glass half full” look. I expected better. Hopefully, the final 2 eps deliver.