What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

I think I pre purchased an entire year, and thats expiring sometime around September.

Maybe I might buy one more year of HBOmax, because my AMEX card has a deal when I spend $99 on HBOmax, they credit me back $25.

And that merger is supposed to happen sometime around summer 2023.

Yeah it sounds bad.

I'm a huge Conan O'Brien fan, and I think there's alot of rumors that his deal with HBOmax is not going to happen, that it got cut. So that already sucks.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Anyone watch The Terminal List on Amazon? This show has been the source of a lot of controversy lately. The critics panned it but it’s getting praised by pretty much everyone else. Apparently it’s subject matter is anti-woke which has upset a very specific group of people…

Sandman is pretty fun. Gets better as it goes along from what I've seen so far. When it spins up they do some fun and creative things. While I never know why Netflix productions never look as expensive as they are, this lacks some polish. It should look or feel a bit more trippy than it does. Pacing is good so far and I like the cast. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Anyone watch The Terminal List on Amazon? This show has been the source of a lot of controversy lately. The critics panned it but it’s getting praised by pretty much everyone else. Apparently it’s subject matter is anti-woke which has upset a very specific group of people…

Not enough diversity!!!  If I don't see the sand people being murdered by Chinese bull dykes then I'm not watching!! 

Edited by Cooke
11 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Not enough diversity!!!  If I don't see the sand people being murdered by Chinese bull dykes then I'm not watching!! 

The Daily Beast, in its review of The Terminal List, blasted it as an “unhinged” right-wing revenge fantasy. One that seems tailor-made for “male red-state viewers with routine references to beer, guns, country music, and hunting.”

Oh no! Not country music! 

Absolutely embarrassing what snowflakes complain about nowadays. 

I just finished the first episode and its pretty solid so far. Looking forward to watching the rest.

23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Oh no! Not country music! 

Absolutely embarrassing what snowflakes complain about nowadays. 

I just finished the first episode and its pretty solid so far. Looking forward to watching the rest.

Masculinity, oh the horror!! 

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Sold lol

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im on the 5th episode and I don't understand what all the bitching and moaning is about. Its basically a grittier Jack Ryan.

Eh people want to get riled up for no reason. But I like the idea of a grittier Jack Ryan. Sounds like a man’s show. No soy boy shit :smoke:

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Didn't you whine about the entire 3rd season of You because they mentioned COVID one time. Lol go fuck yourself with a knife. 

Yeah because I don't want to be reminded of a pandemic that was shoved in my face every day for 2 years when Im trying to enjoy a non fiction show. I don't understand why that triggers you so much.

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol always finding a way to flaunt your bigotry with unfunny cringe humor. 

You're so cute 

Edited by Cooke
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im on the 5th episode and I don't understand what all the bitching and moaning is about. Its basically a grittier Jack Ryan.

There is no bitching and moaning, as usual you blow shit out of proportion.  That ONE daily beast review was retarded for that reach because the show isn't right wing or left wing.. Its generic... but that doesn't represent the entire spectrum of the of reviews that panned the show. 

On the other side of the coin the daily mail is blowing it out of proportion like you are for calling the show anti woke and making it seem as if there is this big controversy around the show when there really isn't. 

Across the reviews... It got panned for being a generic show. 

I started watching it weeks ago and couldn't get passed episode one because it felt generic to me and this is before I even read any reviews.  Only checked reviews after I saw you post. 

I'll give it another shot when I finish my other shows.. But from what I've seen so far it doesn't hold a candle next to Jack Ryan.... Maybe that changes later on. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah because I don't want to be reminded of a pandemic that was shoved in my face every day for 2 years when Im trying to enjoy a non fiction show. I don't understand why that triggers you so much.

You're saying he is triggered when you're the one who was ranting and raving about the show being woke because it mentioned covid once or twice :drake:

Shows featured pandemics before covid and it stands to reason shows will include covid pandemic in the story line as alot of shows take subject matters from the real world. 

The Terminal List is based on the cottage industry of people who claim to be Navy Seals writing their own books that are supposedly based on the types of missions they would do.

They're actually really shitty, hokey books.

Tom Clancy books are their own cottage industry at this point, but initially they were of higher quality.

Somebody actually read one of these books, large portions of it, for a youtube video.

She's making fun of it, obviously, but all she's doing is LITERALLY reading what's in the book for you to see just how bad it is, and just how hackneyed it is.

Edited by jehurey
47 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

There is no bitching and moaning, as usual you blow shit out of proportion.  That ONE daily beast review was retarded for that reach because the show isn't right wing or left wing.. Its generic... but that doesn't represent the entire spectrum of the of reviews that panned the show. 

On the other side of the coin the daily mail is blowing it out of proportion like you are for calling the show anti woke and making it seem as if there is this big controversy around the show when there really isn't. 

Across the reviews... It got panned for being a generic show. 

I started watching it weeks ago and couldn't get passed episode one because it felt generic to me and this is before I even read any reviews.  Only checked reviews after I saw you post. 

I'll give it another shot when I finish my other shows.. But from what I've seen so far it doesn't hold a candle next to Jack Ryan.... Maybe that changes later on. 

Look at the disparity between the critic reviews and what the average people thinks of it. You really think this makes sense? There is clearly an agenda at work here

image.png.d2db792d91505766b6506fad642e8739.png