What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah because I don't want to be reminded of a pandemic that was shoved in my face every day for 2 years when Im trying to enjoy a non fiction show. I don't understand why that triggers you so much.

Lmfao Yes, I'm triggered by your hypocrisy as you literally just defined yourself as being triggered by one sentence in a 10 hour season. You're the snowflake here, bitch. 

It's also interesting you have to don't know the difference between fiction and nonfiction. Explains a lot. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Anyhow, after years of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel being recommended to me, I finally gave in a few weeks ago. I didn’t have much interest in the premise: a dramedy about a Jewish, female comedian in the 50’s. Though, after a friend of mine played me a funny ass clip from the series, I gave it a shot. It is surprisingly raunchy! The shows goes from just being good to actually being great, maybe even fantastic. All of the characters have dynamic arcs and each season feels distinct, with meaningful evolutions for its main and supporting players. I’m on season 4 (its most recent). 5 will be the final one.

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Look at the disparity between the critic reviews and what the average people thinks of it. You really think this makes sense? There is clearly an agenda at work here

image.png.d2db792d91505766b6506fad642e8739.png

Is this the first time a show got panned by critics for being generic or whatever criticism they had but the audience instead loved it?   Of course not. 

The reverse happens too, where the audience hates it but critics love it. 

In this case maybe the audience was fine with a generic navy seal revenge against a shady government show... Big deal. 

That's why you shouldn't live and die by TV show or movies reviews alone.  I didn't even look at a review for weeks until I saw you blowing it out of proportion.  

Edited by Goukosan
3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Is this the first time a show got panned by critics for being generic or whatever criticism they had but the audience instead loved it?   Of course not. 

The reverse happens too, where the audience hates it but critics love it. 

In this case maybe the audience was fine with a generic navy seal revenge against a shady government show... Big deal. 

That's why you shouldn't live and die by TV show or movies reviews alone.  I didn't even look at a review for weeks until I saw you blowing it out of proportion.  

It just looks meh. I was going to watch it at first cuz I thought it was a movie, but it doesn't  look interesting enough even in trailers to spend a whole season watching it. That movie he did with Amazon was ass so I skipped the show. 🤷‍♂️

I'll say this as a bubble statement about diversity. It's funny that after less of a decade of 'diversity in Hollywood' white guys are always score keeping how white men are represented in film. After 100 years of claiming positive representation didn't mean anything because these are just movies and tv shows. Not always being the hero or center of attention is the end of the world for them. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
On 2022-08-07 at 7:17 AM, -GD-X said:

Anyhow, after years of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel being recommended to me, I finally gave in a few weeks ago. I didn’t have much interest in the premise: a dramedy about a Jewish, female comedian in the 50’s. Though, after a friend of mine played me a funny ass clip from the series, I gave it a shot. It is surprisingly raunchy! The shows goes from just being good to actually being great, maybe even fantastic. All of the characters have dynamic arcs and each season feels distinct, with meaningful evolutions for its main and supporting players. I’m on season 4 (its most recent). 5 will be the final one.

I binged the first 3 seasons of Ms Maisel during the lockdown and was suprised how enjoyable the show is. It looks good for a period piece, the cinematography can be much better than needs to be. Some of the scenes that take place in a venues are great. A nice mix of her comedy and some great music pieces. While I dont like real characters in fictional stories, the Lenny Bruce stuff is fun too. The cast is also fantastic. The main actress is gorgeous but does a fun Lucille Ball type 60s female comic.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I binged the first 3 seasons of Ms Maisel during the lockdown and was suprised how enjoyable the show is. It looks good for a period piece, the cinematography can be much better than needs to be. Some of the scenes that take place in a venues are great. A nice mix of her comedy and some great music pieces. While I dont like real characters in fictional stories, the Lenny Bruce stuff is fun too. The cast is also fantastic. The main actress is gorgeous but does a fun Lucille Ball type 60s female comic.

Agreed! Did you watch season 4? Fantastic stuff! Lenny Bruce is great! His dynamic with Midge is up there with Don/Peggy in Madmen. I love the cast, in general. The dad kills me. Susie is a scene stealer too. 

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

Holy shit Prey is awesome 😮

Prey is like the first draft of what should have been a pretty great movie.

They failed in provide the right production quality for this movie.

The premise is really solid, better than solid.

This should've looked and moved as hardcore and gritty as The Revenant.

Instead it looked like it was filmed in a national park, with not much artistic vision.

This is what Arnold looked like after he barely survived the Predator:

611118_v2.jpg

The main character of Prey comes back with some shit on her face, but otherwise looks way too clean, even though she had spent 3 straight days out in the wilderness surviving.

Also, I do like the final encounter, but they don't take the time to show us her understanding of what she needs to do and how she's going to set up her plan.

Predator is so fantastic, that not only do they show Arnold planning for the final fight, but they do it without any dialogue. You see what he's doing to get ready.

Yes, its the best predator movie since predator, but I am disappointed a bit.

41 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Prey is like the first draft of what should have been a pretty great movie.

They failed in provide the right production quality for this movie.

The premise is really solid, better than solid.

This should've looked and moved as hardcore and gritty as The Revenant.

Instead it looked like it was filmed in a national park, with not much artistic vision.

This is what Arnold looked like after he barely survived the Predator:

611118_v2.jpg

The main character of Prey comes back with some shit on her face, but otherwise looks way too clean, even though she had spent 3 straight days out in the wilderness surviving.

Also, I do like the final encounter, but they don't take the time to show us her understanding of what she needs to do and how she's going to set up her plan.

Predator is so fantastic, that not only do they show Arnold planning for the final fight, but they do it without any dialogue. You see what he's doing to get ready.

Yes, its the best predator movie since predator, but I am disappointed a bit.

Considering it's a direct to streaming movie I would say it's top tier quality. And yes it was filmed in a park in Alberta.. But you're being nitpicky. The sound production is amazing on a good theatre system too. 

Continuing my nostalgia trip, I watched the new season of Kids in the Hall.

Just so damn refreshing to see them continue to show that nobody does what they do. They are still magnificent performers, and they make sketches that have vision.

I would be concerned if it felt like 59 year-olds attempting to satirize things happening today that 20 year old are doing. But, they don't really do that. Some of them still play teenagers in some sketches, and the teenage is the same exact mid-90's kid look, and that's what I prefer that they stick to.

Also I have seen half of the first season of the Reacher series on Amazon Prime.

Fucking excellent. I don't waste my time watching that dumb Chris Pratt shit, when there's a perfectly good tv show about a genuinely bad-ass ex-military guy that is exciting to watch, because its based on very popular book, because it was very entertaining.

Sooooo….the penultimate episode of BCS……

Did the home alone writers work on this? Lol

the only 2 scenes I liked were 

Spoiler

Kim on the phone with Saul; Kim talking to Howard’s wife.

The rest was retarded af. 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

It ended at ep 9 for me. The rest has been El Camino 2 lol. To each is own, though. 

It does feel more epilogue than anything right now I agree. 

Spoiler

Gene wants to be caught. He’s taking Kim’s advice and turning himself in just in a different way. I did really like all of Kim’s stuff in the Gene timeline. Cool to get the divorce signing in the Saul timeline and the meeting with Jesse. Her, “He used to be when I knew him.” was perfect. 

14 minutes ago, Ike said:

It does feel more epilogue than anything right now I agree. 

Hide contents

Gene wants to be caught. He’s taking Kim’s advice and turning himself in just in a different way. I did really like all of Kim’s stuff in the Gene timeline. Cool to get the divorce signing in the Saul timeline and the meeting with Jesse. Her, “He used to be when I knew him.” was perfect. 

Spoiler

I hated the scene with Jessie. He sounds like he’s trying too hard. It was like an 40 year-old SNL character playing teenager Jessie. Everything else with Kim was good. Gene’s story is awful. The burglary crap and Jeff crashing the car were hilarious in all of the wrong ways. It really felt like a poor man’s home alone. I’ll watch the finale, but my expectations are low af. The series fumbled the ball after rushing 90 yards. For the sake of comparison, Ozymandias was BB’s penultimate episode. What a stark contrast in quality lol. 

21 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Agreed! Did you watch season 4? Fantastic stuff! Lenny Bruce is great! His dynamic with Midge is up there with Don/Peggy in Madmen. I love the cast, in general. The dad kills me. Susie is a scene stealer too. 

Yeah, Tony Shaloub is amazing. I like the actress who plays the mother as well. Even the ex husband stuff is kind of fun. I'm going to post more about The Sandman, which I liked but was let down by weak and in some cases fucking embarrassingly bad CGI and lack of interesting cinematography. When you have the God of Dreams fighting fucking Satan in a metaphysical battle, it should impress some what. Even Legion tops it in this department and that's a five year old FX show. 

Look at this fucking establishing scene for a random middle of the season episode of two people having drinks in Ms Maisel. 

• Like 1