What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Just watched Saul finale. Don’t even know what to say, for me that was perfect. The lead up episodes weren’t better than BB and can totally understand the criticisms but imo that finale was better than BB’s. Absolute perfect ending and a finale that hit all of the core themes of the entire show’s run. Honestly think it was one of the best finales ever. 

Spoiler

That cigarette scene is absolutely everything I wanted for the ending and whole final season. Should’ve been the final shot. One of my fav scenes in tv history and as real a happy ending as we could’ve gotten for these characters.

The entire ep leading to the death of ‘Saul Goodman’ and rebirth of Jimmy McGill was superb too and then ending with what the core of the show was always about, Jimmy and Kim’s relationship. Absolutely superb and as satisfying an ending as a show like this can have. 

• Like 2
  • aitch 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Haven't watched the finale yet, but I honestly have loved these last several episodes of BCS. They found a way to keep the BCS formula and still have fun episodes setting up heists while also still having episodes that are as epic as ones in BB.

Last week's Waterworks was amazing though, very much looking forward to seeing how it all concludes tonight. I'll miss both Kim and Saul though, end of an era

1 hour ago, Snowman said:

Haven't watched the finale yet, but I honestly have loved these last several episodes of BCS. They found a way to keep the BCS formula and still have fun episodes setting up heists while also still having episodes that are as epic as ones in BB.

Last week's Waterworks was amazing though, very much looking forward to seeing how it all concludes tonight. I'll miss both Kim and Saul though, end of an era

you'll love it! i didn't like the eps leading up to the finale, and even i was won over.

• aitch 1

i have watched the BCS finale 5 times now lol. It truly is masterful and it has helped me overlook the (what i personally considered) rocky road to get to its conclusion. i've had a lot of fun conversations about it with co-workers and fellow tv aficionados.

• aitch 2
6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

i have watched the BCS finale 5 times now lol. It truly is masterful and it has helped me overlook the (what i personally considered) rocky road to get to its conclusion. i've had a lot of fun conversations about it with co-workers and fellow tv aficionados.

5 times already? :ben:  I haven't even gotten to my first rewatch, cooking dinner and then gonna rewatch it :smoke:

But yeah, they absolutely nailed the finale, it hits all the right notes. I think as fans we all envisioned our own ending and what we hoped for, and while its not the ending many wanted, it's an ending that was done masterfully and suits the series well.

Spoiler

Saul got to go out on top by weaseling his way out of that 190(?) sentence to just 7 years. :wow2:

But then he got to free himself and be Jimmy again while also saving the only person he stull cares for... And When Kim went to see him in prison and said "Hi Jimmy", it hit me. That whole scene is something else, really moving, and the black and white really elevates it. Created some really good shots :wow2:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Snowman said:

5 times already? :ben:  I haven't even gotten to my first rewatch, cooking dinner and then gonna rewatch it :smoke:

But yeah, they absolutely nailed the finale, it hits all the right notes. I think as fans we all envisioned our own ending and what we hoped for, and while its not the ending many wanted, it's an ending that was done masterfully and suits the series well.

Hide contents

Saul got to go out on top by weaseling his way out of that 190(?) sentence to just 7 years. :wow2:

But then he got to free himself and be Jimmy again while also saving the only person he stull cares for... And When Kim went to see him in prison and said "Hi Jimmy", it hit me. That whole scene is something else, really moving, and the black and white really elevates it. Created some really good shots :wow2:

Spoiler

It’s funny. I couldn’t wait for Jimmy to become Saul. Then I felt a huge void once the transition happened  in ep 9. I hated him as Gene. I was so happy to have Jimmy back in the finale. In the end, Jimmy >>> Saul. I would have never predicted this early in the series. It was pretty brilliant how they made me regret what I had wished for. 

This is looking like its going to be quite good. Another FX banger

It kinda saddens me that Steve Carrell has turned 60 just recently. It really seems like he's trying to be a serious actor, but I wish he could still go back and do ridiculous energetic stuff as well.

11 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Very happy to hear the finale won you back. It truly is a masterpiece.

• Like 1

I had heard about this upcoming Netflix series, and I didn't think much about it.

I start watching the first few seconds of this trailer, and I'm thinking to myself "WHY??? What's the point of making something like this."

Right up until the part where she talks to the guys on the swim team, and suddenly my opinion of this show does a complete 180.

This could be the best thing Tim Burton has done in years.

Some people don't like this because, historically, the Adams Family do not go around hurting people.

But I feel like Wednesday Adams, especially as a young teenager, is the VERY member of the family who would go and hurt people.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I had heard about this upcoming Netflix series, and I didn't think much about it.

I start watching the first few seconds of this trailer, and I'm thinking to myself "WHY??? What's the point of making something like this."

Right up until the part where she talks to the guys on the swim team, and suddenly my opinion of this show does a complete 180.

Some people don't like this because, historically, the Adams Family do not go around hurting people.

But I feel like Wednesday Adams, especially as a young teenager, is the VERY member of the family who would go and hurt people.

i hated the idea of luis guzman as gomez, so i had 0 interest. that trailer looks great, though! ortega is the perfect wednesday.

52 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Dude Wednesday's always been like that. Remember when she took over the camp in Addam's Family Values and she ties the main white girl to a stake and lights a match. :D 

I know I'm super late on this but Dune (2021) was really good. 

I usually hate every new movie coming out so I was pleasantly surprised by this. 

Also, I liked the Star Wars Kenobi TV series. It's not perfect but I enjoyed it quite a lot, almost as much as Mando season 1.

I don't know what people are complaining about so much, anything that manages to make me want to re-watch the prequel trilogy to connect the story dots has to be really good somehow.

Edited by Ramza
  • aitch 1
4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I know I'm super late on this but Dune (2021) was really good. 

I usually hate every new movie coming out so I was pleasantly surprised by this. 

I used to be a huge Christopher Nolan fan, and I thought he had perfected truly smart films that were made as high art, but they were so entertaining to the average person that they could be big blockbuster films.

And I have to say that Nolan has really started looking really flawed in certain places, especially with Tenet. Especially with really dramatic acting scenes, Nolan just isn't that type of director, or writer.

But Denis Villenueve has become so good at what he does. His movies have sequences that feel and move like dream sequences. Its got badass CGI and explosions. But its also got great acting.

He's the only director I trust now with making "big" movies with big ideas.

15 hours ago, jehurey said:

I used to be a huge Christopher Nolan fan, and I thought he had perfected truly smart films that were made as high art, but they were so entertaining to the average person that they could be big blockbuster films.

And I have to say that Nolan has really started looking really flawed in certain places, especially with Tenet. Especially with really dramatic acting scenes, Nolan just isn't that type of director, or writer.

But Denis Villenueve has become so good at what he does. His movies have sequences that feel and move like dream sequences. Its got badass CGI and explosions. But its also got great acting.

He's the only director I trust now with making "big" movies with big ideas.

Nolan is a completely different kind of director. He's obsessed with his concepts or gimmicks in all of his movies besides the Batman trilogy and Dunkirk. He probably spent as much time coming up with the concept that he takes to create the film itself.

I dunno about Villeneuve, the only movie I enjoyed from him before Dune was Sicario. Arrival is an overrated turd and Blade Runner 2049 was okay, I guess, definitely no where near the original though. I remember liking Enemy with Jake Gyllenhaal too but it's been too long.