What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

watched some flicks

Orphan First Kill - First thing I noticed was how convincing the de-aging tech they use is. The actress very much resembles the girl she played in the original movie from 13 years ago. Overall it was a pretty fun little horror/thriller thats more clever than you'd think.

The Innocents (2021) - This movie starts off with such an innocent vibe (pun intended) but I was shocked at how dark it gets. Its not a new concept (kids with supernatural powers) but the way they use those ideas is really unique, and it helps that the child actors really sell the story despite their ages and inexperience. There's definitely something special about this, and I think its going to become a cult classic like Let The Right One in as more people are exposed to it.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

We all know about the disaster of GOT S8 and the finale but House of the Dragon got off to a solid start. It feels self-contained enough that the events that will follow don't have much to do with what we'll witness here. The characters all seem great, the performances are good, plot seems like it will be interesting, composer still the best on TV right now, plus all the themes and political drama is fully in swing. So, I'll be tuning in weekly. It helps they got off on the right foot with the director from Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards, and Winds of Winter pretty much the GOAT episodes of the show. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

After a rocky start, s2 of Only Murders in the Building ends on a high note. Enjoyed the season quite a bit, though I think the first one was a bit more special to me.

Yeah, I’ve heard season 2 has a great ending. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

After a rocky start, s2 of Only Murders in the Building ends on a high note. Enjoyed the season quite a bit, though I think the first one was a bit more special to me.

Just finished up S1 just a few moments ago. I’ll get around to S2 later. I had a lot of fun with the show. 

• Like 2

As much as I love Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad is the better show. Season 3 STILL gives me insane anxiety (this is like my 8th time watching the series lol). Onto season 4. 

edit: both are excellent in their own way, I just prefer the consistent grit and tension of BB more. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ike said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/house-of-the-dragon-season-2-1235199922/

Unsurprising after the ratings for the first episode and the fact it's actually a good show. Good news though. :aitch: 

I’ve been hearing great things. I will watch it once the season is complete.  :smoke:

• Like 1

I took a personal day and I just now finished watching Salud in season 4 of BB. One of the GOAT episodes. Season 4, in general, is just excellent on every level. The season feels even richer now, with characters like Mike and Gus further fleshed out in BCS. 

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

@-GD-X Watcher is out on shudder. Its not quite as entertaining as I thought it would be. The amount of buildup was just too much, and when things finally start to 'pop off' the movie just ends.

That’s disappointing. It looked really good.