What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I finished 1899 @Twinblade I actually liked the ending. 

Spoiler

It was basically Aegis Rim :ben: I didn't mind the ending but it seems that they're going to lean heavily into the sci fi aspect in future seasons. I think the 1800s ship setting and vibe is more interesting to me than if they were to go full sci fi.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

It was basically Aegis Rim :ben: I didn't mind the ending but it seems that they're going to lean heavily into the sci fi aspect in future seasons. I think the 1800s ship setting and vibe is more interesting to me than if they were to go full sci fi.

Spoiler

I think they may pick different historical settings, designed to put the brain through different kinds of tests. 

Andor is really, really good. Best Disney SW stuff to date and some of the best stuff since the OT. Performances, writing, and cinematography are all top notch and it feels so grounded and much more interesting than all the Jedi stuff we’ve seen so far. Highly recommended to anyone who’s watched anything Star Wars. Hard to choose between this and Star Trek Strange New Worlds but this might end up being my favorite show of the year. 

16 hours ago, Ike said:

Andor is really, really good. Best Disney SW stuff to date and some of the best stuff since the OT. Performances, writing, and cinematography are all top notch and it feels so grounded and much more interesting than all the Jedi stuff we’ve seen so far. Highly recommended to anyone who’s watched anything Star Wars. Hard to choose between this and Star Trek Strange New Worlds but this might end up being my favorite show of the year. 

I keep on hearing so much praise regarding that show. Is it worth watching for people who aren't that big into the Star Wars universe/lore?

42 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I keep on hearing so much praise regarding that show. Is it worth watching for people who aren't that big into the Star Wars universe/lore?

Yes, it’s completely self-contained for the most part. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Started watching Line of Duty. Only on the beginning of the 2nd season but dammmmnn, its already one of the best British crime dramas i've seen. This is gonna be a fun binge...

Netflix?

Wednesday is a good show to watch with a date. Ortega is excellent in it (she basically makes the show). but, despite its dark scenes, it's full of teen thriller tropes. again, it's great with a date, but i can't recommend it for solo viewing.

• Upvote 1