What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

The White Lotus S2 continues to excel. Mike White has improved what made S1 so good. Aubrey Plaza was amazing in the most recent episode. The Italian girls are gorgeous and the locale in Italy is absolutely breathtaking. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Ike said:

The White Lotus S2 continues to excel. Mike White has improved what made S1 so good. Aubrey Plaza was amazing in the most recent episode. The Italian girls are gorgeous and the locale in Italy is absolutely breathtaking. 

How many eps left? I saw Mosquito Coast is back too. 

18 hours ago, Ike said:

2 more remaining. 7 eps total. It’s also been renewed for a 3rd season. :aitch:

that story has a somewhat definitive ending, right?

I never saw the Harrison Ford movie. Those types of stories sometime feel weird and are a bummer.

Since I signed up for another Hulu black friday deal, I was messing around with what was on the app, and saw the Norwegian movie The Worst Person in the World.

I remember it getting quite a bit of buzz earlier this year, especially for the lead actress, Renate Reisnv.

So I saw it, and she really does give a good performance, but she doesn't do that type of Oscar bait over-acting performance. She does alot of stuff in the movie, but she does it realistically and subtle.

The movie, ultimately, is about a person who is a well-meaning but still somewhat narcissistic person who has a "grass is always greener on the other side" type of mentality.

I'd be interesting to see what other people think of her character, but its almost like an rorshach test.

I don't think she reaches the threshold of qualifying as a selfish asshole (= World Person in the World). But I've read from other people that they definitely see her as that.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

that story has a somewhat definitive ending, right?

I never saw the Harrison Ford movie. Those types of stories sometime feel weird and are a bummer.

Yes it’s an anthology type show. There’s one recurring character from both seasons but you don’t necessarily have to watch both. I recommend it though because both seasons are really good and the eye candy with the ladies and the locations are incredible. 

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I started watching Peripheral on Amazon. This show is pretty cool. Nice visuals too!  

edit: are you all @Twinblade @Ike and @madmaltese watching (or have watched) this?  This is a pretty badass sci-fi thriller. 

I remember thinking it looked interesting. I might check it out.

btw, did you watch S4 of Killing Eve? I completely forgot about it. I did hear some negative things, apparently its not a good end to the series. I just finished Line of Duty which also has a lame ending, so I'd rather not watch back to back shows that end in a bad way.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I remember thinking it looked interesting. I might check it out.

btw, did you watch S4 of Killing Eve? I completely forgot about it. I did hear some negative things, apparently its not a good end to the series. I just finished Line of Duty which also has a lame ending, so I'd rather not watch back to back shows that end in a bad way.

I heard it was terrible. So, I didn’t bother. 

• Upvote 1

On ep 4 of Peripheral. It’s all very interesting and the production values are surprisingly great. However, there are some pacing issues. It can be slow, at times, but picks up - right when it feels like it’s dragging. 

• Like 1