What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Season 1 was a masterpiece. Season 2 is great. However, its bite isn’t as strong, or as vicious, but some of the more nuanced scenes, particularly towards the end, are brilliant. I was originally disappointed by season 2’s finale. Now, it feels so appropriate with the, overall, tonal flow and theme the director/writers were aiming for. 

Season 1 had Armand which was the best character in the series. Season 2 didn’t quite have that or any real sympathetic character outside of Tanya’s assistant and maybe the Italian piano girl. 

Spoiler

I will say I cracked up when Tanya went John Wick on the gay dudes who were planning to murder her and then just moments later not using the ladder and falling to her death. Also, fuck Albie and his dad. The grandfather was the only one keeping it real in that family. 

Don’t click that spoiler Zwarrior until you finish S2. 

• Haha 2
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Season 1 had Armand which was the best character in the series. Season 2 didn’t quite have that or any real sympathetic character outside of Tanya’s assistant and maybe the Italian piano girl. 

Hide contents

I will say I cracked up when Tanya went John Wick on the gay dudes who were planning to murder her and then just moments later not using the ladder and falling to her death. Also, fuck Albie and his dad. The grandfather was the only one keeping it real in that family. 

Don’t click that spoiler Zwarrior until you finish S2. 

bro...the best quote (don't click, z)

Spoiler

the gays are trying to murder me

• Haha 2
Just now, Ike said:

I will say though season 2 had some breathtaking camera work, the art and Sicily itself was definitely a secondary character in the show. 

1 was gorgeous too. the series never skimps on cinematography.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

1 was gorgeous too. the series never skimps on cinematography.

Mike White mentioned tackling satirizing white people and eastern healing. Hope it’s somewhere snowy next time. But I’m expecting Bali or something. 

14 minutes ago, Ike said:

Mike White mentioned tackling satirizing white people and eastern healing. Hope it’s somewhere snowy next time. But I’m expecting Bali or something. 

i just want

Spoiler

greg to be in it :smoke:

16 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i just want

Reveal hidden contents

greg to be in it :smoke:

Spoiler

I think that’s how they might do it. Greg is waiting for them at another White Lotus resort to have “celebrated” after offing Tanya. Would fit what’s happened. I always want to see more Uncle Rico. :smoke: 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Loved the ending, I was stuck on Tanya's story on the last 2 eps, and the other stories felt like fillers. I didn't want her to die, but the way she did was true to her character. 

Albie should have seen that coming, guy is way too nice and naive. Probably what his father and grandfather struggled with too, trying to save too many girls

It was funny how they got rejected by the Di Grasso women in that Italian town, nice commentary on tourists who pull that kind of shit... traveling to find their ancestors' roots and whatnot.

I liked season 1 better overall, but s2 was still strong

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Ike said:

Hide contents

I think that’s how they might do it. Greg is waiting for them at another White Lotus resort to have “celebrated” after offing Tanya. Would fit what’s happened. I always want to see more Uncle Rico. :smoke: 

Spoiler

yeah I want Greg to be back for s3 too! Lets keep that storyline going

• Like 1

Started S3 of Jack Ryan. Im immediately bothered by the fact that Russia seems to play a big part in the story but the actors just speak broken english to each other. Would it really be so hard to get native Russian speaking actors and then pair that with english subtitles? I really don't understand why movies & shows still do this. Its clearly not a budget issue because everything else about the show is pretty lavishly produced so far. But this kind of thing definitely hurts the immersion.

edit: its kind of eerie how closely this one is interlinked with current events.

the

Spoiler

prison

game is awesome in alice in borderland. i'll still like season 1 more, but 2 is getting pretty great now. there is some weird, ultra japanese (not a plot spoiler, but i'm still hiding this funny example)

Spoiler

naked player - no joke. homeboy is a nudist lol

shit, that pushes things a bit. however, i feel the season has found its flow. it's still fun at first, just a bit messy, but things are feeling more focused now. and Chishiya :bow:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

Violent Night is pretty enjoyable and pretty much what I hoped it would be.  A little bit of Die Hard, a little bit of Home Alone and a little bit of Bad Santa.

nice! i want to see that.

• Like 1