What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

I enjoyed TLOU’s premiere very much. It’s everything I had hoped it would be.

Spoiler

Sarah’s

death was a gut punch, more so than in the game. Aesthetically, I love the desaturated color grading. I also love how the cgi feels more organic and not ultra stylized. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Absolutely loved the first ep. Honestly don't know how it could have been done any better. Super loyal to the game with some 1 for 1 scenes while elevating many others. Sarah fleshed out way more in this that made that moment even better. The outbreak scene with the car was incredible and the plane crash instead of a car crash was sick. There was easter eggs, explanations of thing not known in the game and an absolutely epic intro. That first scene was like pure Chernobyl, knew the show would be a banger from the writing in that scene alone. 

Loyal to the source material while elevating the plot, characters and world. This is beyond a dream adaption. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, z,warrior said:

wish s1 of TLOU came out all at once, wanna see more now!

Perfect for me to play for about 3 to 4 hours during the week, and listen to the companion podcast.

I kinda think that I'm gonna have to stop playing the main campaign and boot up the Left behind DLC, because they will probably sprinkle in Ellie's backstory during the middle of the season.

• Like 1

Watched Jung_E. What a weird ass movie :ben: It comes off as pretty ambitious for a Korean flick, at least at the beginning. However, the story ends up being much smaller in scale than what they seem to be setting up. And ultimately, it is pretty forgettable as a whole with characters and themes that aren't fleshed out as much as they should be. And while some of the visuals during the action scenes look alright, there's some really rough moments where everything looks pretty fake. There's times where you can even see the green tint of the green screens they used reflected off of the characters' faces.

I give it a 6/10

Im hoping this director can now put a pause on the side projects and focus on Season 2 of Hellbound.

That prison shit in Andor was really cool. And I just love all the scenes with the Imperial intelligence agency or the scheming of the Rebels like Mon Mothma. 

Andor in a way is not Star Wars at all and that's fucking great. I like this more than Mandalorian, it's just a way smarter show, maybe not as exciting but I like the fact they took the time to establish every characters, this show would have been a failure otherwise (like Rogue One). 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Ike said:

I watched X last night. Pretty good slasher flick. Ti West had some good wonderfully directed and shot scenes in that movie. Also seeing a half nude Jenna Ortega was :whew:

Yeah, it was fun. I’m looking forward to the sequel. 

I watched You People. The 

Spoiler

Slavery vs holocaust fight 

was was fucking hilarious. The rest of it was…ok, with a few effectively funny and  cringy parts. I liked the jabs at woke culture. But, overall, I felt like this could have been so much better. Still, it’s a decent watch if you want to kill two hours.