What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Just watched the triangle of sadness. Very good. It's sort of like white lotus in a way or for people who liked the Menu. 

O damn. I’ll have to check it out. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

The two best shows you can catch on Disney plus is Andor and the Bad Batch. Season 1 of the bad batch is just OK, but the second season is perfection. 

I'll probably skip Bad Batch (I dont watch cartoons or anime at all anymore, I must've grown out of them) but will def check out Andor

1 minute ago, z,warrior said:

I'll probably skip Bad Batch (I dont watch cartoons or anime at all anymore, I must've grown out of them) but will def check out Andor

That's fair, I'm not the biggest fan of the animation style, but the story is more than good enough to watch for. Season 2 deals with the aging clone troopers and who the Empire began 'retiring' them and replacing them with volunteer soldiers. Regardless of the medium, its writing is some of the best lore in Star Wars. 

I finished 9 Perfect Strangers. While flawed, I enjoyed it a lot. All of the supporting players delivered A-game performances. Nicole Kidman was pretty good too, even with the inconsistent accent.  

18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Looks interesting. Its only on hulu right?

Yup. The finale just aired too. The main chick is cute and charming. But I like all of the mysteries. Again, it’s true junk food. There’s nothing cerebral, but it’s fun. 

• Upvote 1

Watched that Hulu movie about the guy who wrote Animal House. It's maximum OK. Not a must see but the story is pretty interesting. Dude created National Lampoon Magazine (basically the Onion of its time), created a traveling sketch show where he discovered most of the original SNL cast including Chevy Chase, John Belushi, and Bill Murray, then wrote animal house, then wrote Caddyshack. 

It's definitely a good background movie if you don't care about paying full attention to it. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Yup. The finale just aired too. The main chick is cute and charming. But I like all of the mysteries. Again, it’s true junk food. There’s nothing cerebral, but it’s fun. 

I just started it. Only on the 2nd ep but the mystery its setting up is interesting. The dialogue is also surprisingly fun and snappy for a show of this type.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I just started it. Only on the 2nd ep but the mystery its setting up is interesting. The dialogue is also surprisingly fun and snappy for a show of this type.

It wobbles a bit for few eps, but it’s still fun. I’m on ep 9. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Watched that Hulu movie about the guy who wrote Animal House. It's maximum OK. Not a must see but the story is pretty interesting. Dude created National Lampoon Magazine (basically the Onion of its time), created a traveling sketch show where he discovered most of the original SNL cast including Chevy Chase, John Belushi, and Bill Murray, then wrote animal house, then wrote Caddyshack

It's definitely a good background movie if you don't care about paying full attention to it. 

Those were 2 of my favorite comedies growing up.

Finished Watchful Eye season 1. It’s definitely a guilty pleasure, that feels more guilty by the end. Twists on top of twists. I kind of wish the series had stuck with the tone of the first half. But the craziness of the second half was a lot of fun, even if it’s messy as hell. 

• Upvote 1