What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

On 2023-05-17 at 12:57 PM, z,warrior said:

Watching LOST for the first time and on episode 2 so far. Let’s see what all the hype was about

Just know the journey is better than the destination but there are some incredible moments and episodes in that show. Season 3 has one of the best finales ever and has one of the most incredible scenes in television history. Season 4 has one of my favorite episodes of tv ever. 

I loved the show a lot but there is a lot to criticize and rightfully so. 

Once you finish with Lost, I’d recommend The Leftovers. It’s a lot like Lost in themes but I think it was way more successful. It’s from the same showrunner as Lost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Just know the journey is better than the destination but there are some incredible moments and episodes in that show. Season 3 has one of the best finales ever and has one of the most incredible scenes in television history. Season 4 has one of my favorite episodes of tv ever. 

I loved the show a lot but there is a lot to criticize and rightfully so. 

Once you finish with Lost, I’d recommend The Leftovers. It’s a lot like Lost in themes but I think it was way more successful. It’s from the same showrunner as Lost. 

This! and The Constant episode is one of the GOATs.

• Thanks 1
  • aitch 1
16 minutes ago, Ike said:

Watched Pearl last night. I really liked it and thought it was better than X. Mia Goth owned in both though. :whew: 

She's pretty much the highlight in every movie she happens to star in. Chick is destined for great things.

I had been reading articles that Quentin Tarantino's final movie is going to be about a film critic, this lady that mostly reviewed films during the 70's.

And, people were speculating that the film was going to allow QT to re-create alot of 1970's exploitation and R-rated movies, that were a major influence for him.

And then this week, there was this quote from Paul Schrader, the guy who wrote Taxi Driver and other movies like that, where he said that QT asked him for permission to re-create or rather create an alternate version of the ending of the movie he wrote, Rolling Thunder.

And I think QT has been doing podcasts, and stuff like that, in which he's been talking about Rolling Thunder quite a bit.

So, I figured, maybe I need to see this movie.

1977 movie, starring William Devane, who looked pretty fucking badass when he was young, and Tommy Lee Jones.

Pretty straightforward and tight 90 minute movie. For a 1970's movie, this really does a good job at avoiding being a boring movie.

The ending.:banderoos:Oh my god. It absolutely explains SO MUCH about Quentin Tarantino's movies. That movie is worth it for the ending, alone. Its on the Tubi or Pluto free movies app.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I had been reading articles that Quentin Tarantino's final movie is going to be about a film critic, this lady that mostly reviewed films during the 70's.

And, people were speculating that the film was going to allow QT to re-create alot of 1970's exploitation and R-rated movies, that were a major influence for him.

And then this week, there was this quote from Paul Schrader, the guy who wrote Taxi Driver and other movies like that, where he said that QT asked him for permission to re-create or rather create an alternate version of the ending of the movie he wrote, Rolling Thunder.

And I think QT has been doing podcasts, and stuff like that, in which he's been talking about Rolling Thunder quite a bit.

So, I figured, maybe I need to see this movie.

1977 movie, starring William Devane, who looked pretty fucking badass when he was young, and Tommy Lee Jones.

Pretty straightforward and tight 90 minute movie. For a 1970's movie, this really does a good job at avoiding being a boring movie.

The ending.:banderoos:Oh my god. It absolutely explains SO MUCH about Quentin Tarantino's movies. That movie is worth it for the ending, alone. Its on the Tubi or Pluto free movies app.

I will check it out. Sounds awesome! 

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The last 2 eps of From have been a bit slow. Im hoping it picks up soon.

Yeah, it’s lost some steam. Especially this week’s. Yellowjackets was fun. Though, I feel like this season wasn’t as strong as 1’s. 

On 2023-05-23 at 6:53 PM, madmaltese said:

5 eps into Yellowjackets and it hasn't fully hooked me yet. The mystery element is slowly building though and hopefully that ramps up in the second half of the season. 

It ramps up, but it never quite hits the highs of season 1. 

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

I know I'm super late on season 6 of Better Call Saul, but holy shit

Hide contents

Howard's death. I think that was more tragic than Hank's. :(

Season 6 is so good. The ending is perfect. :lawd:

• Upvote 1