What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Got 3 hours into The Irishman before I had to stop (due to kids lol). Movie went by super fast and is great. Only complaint is that De Niro's character legit looked 60 when he started his 'career' and hes refered to as some kid which just felt strange. Seeing all these legendary actors together is excellent though

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Got 3 hours into The Irishman before I had to stop (due to kids lol). Movie went by super fast and is great. Only complaint is that De Niro's character legit looked 60 when he started his 'career' and hes refereed to as some kid which just felt strange. Seeing all these legendary actors together is excellent though

I couldn’t agree more :D 

still...this was a once-in-a-lifetime film (Scorsese and these actors -especially Pacino - on the same project). It’s like a hall of fame tribute 

Just now, -GD- said:

I couldn’t agree more :D 

still...this was a once-in-a-lifetime film (Scorsese and these actors -especially Pacino - on the same project). It’s like a hall of fame tribute 

Yeah without a doubt. In some ways it feels like a good bye from these hall of famers. Not only to seeing them together or maybe on film at all, but also to this style of film. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think I can get into The Expanse, because I'd have to watch Seasons 2 and 3 before even starting 4.

And technically, part of me kind of wants to rewatch Season 1 again.

I'll probably binge on something light this next week, I will clearly watch the final episode of Watchmen, which they say will be SIXTY-SEVEN MINUTES long :banderoos:

And then this time next week..............its all Witcher baby.:blessed:

39 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I don't think I can get into The Expanse, because I'd have to watch Seasons 2 and 3 before even starting 4.

And technically, part of me kind of wants to rewatch Season 1 again.

I'll probably binge on something light this next week, I will clearly watch the final episode of Watchmen, which they say will be SIXTY-SEVEN MINUTES long :banderoos:

And then this time next week..............its all Witcher baby.:blessed:

Yeah, seasons 2 and 3 (especially 3) are essential. It’s the deepest sci-fi show I’ve seen. They explore some pretty cool shit. The second half of season 2 was just ok. But season 3 is godly, and 4 is on its way to maybe surpassing it  (on ep 7) 

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

Yeah, seasons 2 and 3 (especially 3) are essential. It’s the deepest sci-fi show I’ve seen. They explore some pretty cool shit. The second half of season 2 was just ok. But season 3 is godly, and 4 is on its way to maybe surpassing it  (on ep 7) 

Im on ep 6. Burn Gorman is such an underrated actor, he makes the perfect villain and deserves more of those types of roles

Edited by Twinblade
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:
  Hide contents

Im on ep 6. Burn Gorman is such an underrated actor, he makes the perfect villain and deserves more of those types of roles

For real!!! Btw, I just finished it. Another great season! It was glorious watching it in 4K too

I really enjoyed this weeks episode of Mandalorian. The last 3 episodes haven’t driven the main plot forward really at all but this most recent one was great fun and sweet action. That strobe light hallway scene was awesome. With only two more episodes left, I hope they can match the quality of the opening of the season. 

56 minutes ago, Ike said:

I really enjoyed this weeks episode of Mandalorian. The last 3 episodes haven’t driven the main plot forward really at all but this most recent one was great fun and sweet action. That strobe light hallway scene was awesome. With only two more episodes left, I hope they can match the quality of the opening of the season. 

I read something on the television subreddit where people compared it to 90's tv shows that were about "adventures" of a person.

So, they related it to Xena or The Legend of Hercules. And I understand that.

Modern tv watchers probably may not like that, because they DEMAND an overarching story over the course of a season. But I remember when tv was like that. Every episode was "save a town" just for that episode.

However, Xena or Star Trek TNG were closer to 1 hour, like 43 minutes. So hopefully the show is close to an hour in order to make each episode stand on its own.

Wouldn't surprise me if they spend Season 1 just establishing the characters, and then Season 2 begins to have an overarching story.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

I read something on the television subreddit where people compared it to 90's tv shows that were about "adventures" of a person.

So, they related it to Xena or The Legend of Hercules. And I understand that.

Modern tv watchers probably may not like that, because they DEMAND an overarching story over the course of a season. But I remember when tv was like that. Every episode was "save a town" just for that episode.

However, Xena or Star Trek TNG were closer to 1 hour, like 43 minutes. So hopefully the show is close to an hour in order to make each episode stand on its own.

Wouldn't surprise me if they spend Season 1 just establishing the characters, and then Season 2 begins to have an overarching story.

Yeah, I definitely see a 90’s tv vibe here. 

17 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Got 3 hours into The Irishman before I had to stop (due to kids lol). Movie went by super fast and is great. Only complaint is that De Niro's character legit looked 60 when he started his 'career' and hes refered to as some kid which just felt strange. Seeing all these legendary actors together is excellent though

Haha pretty much. Amazing film though. The last hour or so was pretty depressing

33 minutes ago, -GD- said:

What a great conclusion to The Watchmen story. I’m glad they aren’t making a season 2. Every arc was tied up nicely 

That was the series finale?

I watched it. Pun intended. 

Jamesus can walk on water.

I think I’ll have a cigarette to conclude that season. :smoke:

9 hours ago, Angelfish said:

I heard that, its fantastic news.

And, it now makes me getting a good ticket to the next RHCP tour a top priority, because it will probably be their last tour/album with the best lineup.

I watched the very first episode of The Marvelous Ms. Maisel. Very sharp and funny show, so I do need to start watching that.

And I started watching The Boys, and ended up watching the first three episodes. So I should be knocking that out very soon, possibly during this week.

And now..........I am preparing a snack and a drink and getting ready to go watch the final episode of Watchmen.

• Like 1

:fblike::fblike:

Very satisfying finale. Actually more straightforward and logical that what I was anticipating. They made a point to explain everything that needed to be explained.

Some of explanation almost felt like it was breaking the 4th wall, and I was chuckling because the person talking was talking directly to the audience.

I'm gonna enjoy listening to the final podcast tomorrow.

• Upvote 1